PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Dillon

abunaitoo
12-02-2008, 06:01 AM
A friend gave me a Square Deal B in 45acp. It was old and dirty, but it still worked. Only thing wrong with it was the powder tube was broken and brittle.
I was going to order a replacement from Dillon when another friend told me it was covered under the warranty.
I thought he was pulling my leg, but sent a email to dillon just to see if it was true.
Dillon's responce was to send it back to them and they would replace it, NO CHARGE. I told them I had taken it off and threw it away. Their responce was a replacement was on the way.
I just got it today.
Thank you Dillon:)

Shiloh
12-02-2008, 07:04 AM
This has been My experience with Dillon also. This concerned a second hand press damaged by myself and told to Dillon it was my fault.

Contrary to some of the posts and threads recently written here comparing Dillon with other brand progressive presses, I have found there customer service and support nothing short of outstanding.

Let the flames begin!!

Shiloh :castmine:

missionary5155
12-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Dillon gets my vote for top service and good products !

bertus
12-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I mislaid the locator pins from my square deal.
an email was enough to get the new ones free of charge in 3 three days.BTW I live in the Netherlands

Snapping Twig
12-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I bought my 550B in the mid 80's, when they first came out. There were teething issues, new product and all, but never have they ever done anything other than support and upgrade my press under warranty.

Truth be told, they are so generous that I feel bad calling them and try my level best to correct anything before I do so.

Recently I needed the tips for my primer pick-up tubes, 20+ years of use will wear things out. When I called, they said, "Anything else?", I said, no, here's my credit card number. They said no need and this is warranty.

Who else does that?

Dillon Rocks!

stargzer
12-03-2008, 04:14 AM
as for me, Dillion customer service stinks. I misplaced just one of my locator buttons and when I called they charged me $1.10 plus $5.00 shipping.....than sucks. The equipment is excellent but whenever I called them about some small part they wanted me to pay for it or send it in first.....I told their customer service manager it would cost me more in time and money to do that. so, I just paid for the parts.....Dillion No BS warranty STINKS. I even wrote a letter to Mike Dillion and over three months now and no reply. I recently purchase over $500 worth of stuff from Dillion....dies, conversion kits, tool stands....ect.....too bad....I guess I will always be angry at them and never recommend them to anyone I know or meet. I just can't figure out why even those of you who did not purchase a dillion press , but, got it from someone else....get great warranty service and I who paid for mine does not. Oh Well, sorry just had to vent.

miestro_jerry
12-03-2008, 10:42 AM
I have never had a warranty problem with Dillon, things wear out and Dillon sends me a new part. I started with a 450 and now I have two 550 and a SDB. Plus the military primer pocket swagers and a few other dillon things.

If you loose a part, get tell me that you broken, they wend you a new one free. That is what one of their CSR told me to do.

They are a great company to get product from and for their not BS warranty.

Jerry

mike in co
12-03-2008, 11:24 AM
as for me, Dillion customer service stinks. I misplaced just one of my locator buttons and when I called they charged me $1.10 plus $5.00 shipping.....than sucks. The equipment is excellent but whenever I called them about some small part they wanted me to pay for it or send it in first.....I told their customer service manager it would cost me more in time and money to do that. so, I just paid for the parts.....Dillion No BS warranty STINKS. I even wrote a letter to Mike Dillion and over three months now and no reply. I recently purchase over $500 worth of stuff from Dillion....dies, conversion kits, tool stands....ect.....too bad....I guess I will always be angry at them and never recommend them to anyone I know or meet. I just can't figure out why even those of you who did not purchase a dillion press , but, got it from someone else....get great warranty service and I who paid for mine does not. Oh Well, sorry just had to vent.

one post...one post and this is what it has to say.

no dillon is not perfect, but it is great.

i guess i would have to know the actual way this went down.

if you call and ask to buy a part, well the thats what you got, if you tell them its lost, my fault, they always seem to do it for free..........
guess i have heard three compalints in over ten years( ohh i'm the dillon rep for a local gunshop).

for the record , a few years back i called dillon and told them we had customers comming in and wanting one pin...which we did not stock, and asked what we could do. dillon sent us a collection of the popular pins...for free...so we could service our customers the same way dillon does.

from your post, if i had to guess, its your attitude comming thru on the phone....just my guess

mike in co

Bill*
12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
mike in co -- he's talking about Dillion-thats a different company:mrgreen:

unclebill
12-03-2008, 11:41 AM
i have a 550b that is well over 20 years old.
some parts are starting to just poop out from age.
and of course since i am a dummy i break things.
everytime i have called dillon they dont care how i broke it.
they just want my address so they can send me a free part.

btw
i was using my press this morning to knock out 100 .357mag's
and caught myself thinking.
what a great device!

stargzer
12-03-2008, 01:25 PM
well, my friends, the low primer buzzer on my Dillion 550b broke this morning. So, I guess I'll try again and call dillion and see what they have to say......I just don't understand the part about most of you not having to send the part back. When you don't need to send it back then it is.....completely FREE!. as I mentioned earlier sending back some small parts would have cost almost the same as buying it. not to mention the extra waiting time. Most all of you said all you told them was "Its broke" and they sent you the new part no questions. I'll try one more time and let you guys know....about my low primer buzzer. It may be my attitude, but, originally I was as nice as I could be until the rep started ( my perception) to give me a hard time....he may have had a bad day....don't know. Anyway, glad most all of you have had good customer service.....I do know what good customer service should be as I worked in the Airline industry for many years.

osage
12-03-2008, 05:48 PM
A couple of years ago I won an auction for a SD ( thought it would bring more) it did not have the LP parts. I called Dillon asked what I needed for LP they set me up with the correct parts. I had no issue with paying for LP setup. So far I have not broken anything.
A recent online order arrived with an extra 2009 calander :-D One less gift to buy. I'm pleased with their service and the Blue Press keeps arriving.

happy7
12-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Ok, I like my 550. I get frustrated with the priming system sometimes, but I do like it.

But in Stargazer's defense, Dillon customer service is a mixed bag in my experience. Some guys you get on are really nice. Others are a bit surly or at a minimum make you feel like you are taking up their valuable phone time with your silly problems. It is one thing if you want a new part, but it is quite another if you are having a problem. I almost never call dillon cause I don't like confrontations. Sure they send out the parts for free more often than not, but it is hit and miss. I have always had great and above all friendly service with RCBS and Hornandy. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw. The only other guy I know personally who has a dillon, has had the same experience. When he told them he got the press used, they made him pay for most of the stuff that was broken. The last time I called dillon it was about my 44 sizer die. I've had it since the mid 80s, but a lifetime guarantee is a lifetime guarantee to me. I can't use it without lube anymore cause there is too much resistance. He told me that was the way it was supposed to be. My only recourse was to buy a hornady die and it sizes so well it takes no effort at all. the time before that i called them for advice about a brand new a dillon 30-30 die. before sizing runout was like .001. After sizing it was like .008. He couldn't understand why I cared. This is what Dillon says on their website about their dies. "Once properly adjusted, the only measurable runout will be that which is inherent in the bullet." Ok, I'll stop now. But its true. I dread calling them.

From what some of you say that means I have a bad attitude, but from my side, I have always done my best to be as friendly as possible when I talk to them. Maybe my problem is that I am too friendly.

mike in co
12-04-2008, 02:34 AM
happy7,
is the 44 sizer a carbide die ??( did they ever make a non carbide 44 ?)

and he said you are suppose to lube cases with a carbide die.....

sounds very strange to me....

i'll have to admit...they must have caller id, i have never had an issue with them.

( and it says once PROPERLY adjusted......maybe yours is not....there is more to it,than just cranking down the nut)

mike in co

stargzer
12-04-2008, 04:34 AM
But in Stargazer's defense, Dillon customer service is a mixed bag in my experience. I almost never call dillon cause I don't like confrontations. Sure they send out the parts for free more often than not, but it is hit and miss. I have always had great and above all friendly service with RCBS and Hornandy. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw. The only other guy I know personally who has a dillon, has had the same experience. When he told them he got the press used, they made him pay for most of the stuff that was broken. But its true. I dread calling them.

From what some of you say that means I have a bad attitude, but from my side, I have always done my best to be as friendly as possible when I talk to them. Maybe my problem is that I am too friendly.

Thank you Happy, I too dread calling Dillion for anything, in fact the last order I made was thru the internet online....did not have to deal with a person. As I mentioned above, I worked in Customer service for several years with an airline. To me a "No BS warranty" means No BS......as a Customer service rep I was told the customer was "ALWAYS RIGHT", and in most cases they are. I will say that there were a few customer demands that were over board and ridiculous and questionable. I am like you, I try very hard to be nice and friendly to customer service people......"a spoonfull of sugar helps the medicine go down". We all can and have spent hundreds of hard earned dollars in the hobby and nothing is more annoying than when a minor problem appears and you get a CSR who is non sympathetic. They do not realize WE pay their wages. It is sad, the parts I needed only cost $28 and I just spent well over $500 with Dillion a few weeks ago. I look at it like Dillion just purchased $500 dollars worth of FREE ADVERTISING.from me. My low primer buzzer is broken so I will give them another try, I hope they don't ask me to send it back to them. You know I just thought of this.....whenever they do that...ask us to send the item back, it's like they don't believe you and are lying....oh that makes me mad. I think we are all very honest people and should not have to be treated that way.You are right many of us are "Too friendly" and allow those who should be serving us to not have to do their jobs. I guess this is why America is becoming what it is. Oh how I long for the "Good (Better) olde days"

stargzer
12-04-2008, 04:37 AM
i'll have to admit...they must have caller id, i have never had an issue with them.

mike in co

Either that or they ask for your customer number.

bigbird1
12-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I too hate thier service, I bought a new primer pocket swager and it got a slight bent rod and I called them and they wanted me to to pay for it , I asked about the warranty and they told me it was a user problem and it would cost me, I told them I would throw it in the trash and never buy from them again, they said that was your choice. that was two years ago and a Hornady lock-n-load later.

unclebill
12-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I too hate thier service, I bought a new primer pocket swager and it got a slight bent rod and I called them and they wanted me to to pay for it , I asked about the warranty and they told me it was a user problem and it would cost me, I told them I would throw it in the trash and never buy from them again, they said that was your choice. that was two years ago and a Hornady lock-n-load later.

we are at polar opposites with how we get treated by dillon.
they are always super nice to me.

stargzer
12-04-2008, 01:53 PM
we are at polar opposites with how we get treated by dillon.
they are always super nice to me.

Hey Uncle Bill,
Maybe you could help us.....the ones who don't seem to get Grrrreat customer service from Dillion? Somehow they ( dillion csr) must have a sixth sense about some people. If you don't mind whenever one of us has a problem with our dillion equipment , could I (we) email you?:wink:
Thanks Uncle bill or as we say in Hawaii.....MAHALO!

Stargzer

dillonhelp
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
On most Dillon reloading equipment, the warranty is lifetime on broken, worn out or damaged parts,regardless of whether the product was purchased new from us, or used elsewhere. Electronic components and textiles have a one year warranty, as does the RL1050/Super 1050 machine. Lost or missing parts are not replaced under warranty . Usually if it is a minor part like a locator button or a toolhead pin, we will mail it for free. There are some parts or assemblies that we will not mail a replacement out until we receive the bad item first. Some assemblies, such as powder measures, we can rebuild.
We have a pretty good idea of what a customer might break or wear out while engaging in routine use of the equipment. This also means we know that some items, such as powder measure lids, platforms,powder funnels, are not likely to break- in these instances we have the right to ask that broken/damaged parts be returned to us first. In no way does this imply a customer is trying to take advantage of this. If these parts can be broken, we want to see how, so we can determine if a design change is necessary.
There have been instances of customers trying to take advantage of us. We limit this by controlling which pieces we are willing to send out without requiring broken parts back. In many instances, we will send out a replacement part with an invoice. When the bad part is returned, it is credited towards the open balance, cancelling it out.
If a product has an initial defect, and we need it back, we typically either send a call tag, postage label, or arrange to reimburse the return shipping in some manner. If a part breaks, or wears out, and needs to be returned to us, then the customer is responsible only to ship it to us. We cover the return shipping.
We try hard not to let a customers attitude affect their warranty service. However, if someone yells, swears, then we have no obligation to continue that conversation. We truly try our best to take care of our customers.
If you feel you did not receive the service you wanted, feel free to phone me -1-800-223-4570, ext 311. I am the Sales Manager at Dillon.

45nut
12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Thank You for dropping in Gary. It is very appreciated. :)

happy7
12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok, after getting the idea that if you get someone less helpfull it is a good idea to just try again and hopefully speak to someone different, I decided to call Dillon again today. This time a guy named Eric answered the phone and was very friendly and helpful. As far as the problem with the 30-30 die, after talking to him and researching further on the web, perhaps a ball expander is always going to cause your brass to go out of round. As far as the 44 sizing die, he could not understand why the die was causing resistance, but said I was welcome to send it in for evaluation. Fair enough. Then I spoke to him about my primer system which has never really worded great. He was very helpful and is sending me some new parts to try. So next time I get one of the arrogant guys on I will just courteously end the conversation and call back later. Don't know why I didn't think of that before.

mike in co
12-04-2008, 05:39 PM
yep pulling an expander button back thru a neck is not condusive to accuracy. i use a lot of lee loaders and bushing dies.

just got a 300 win mag, no lee loader, no money for a bushing die right now...so i either use the button or pull it out and have a bunch of neck tension.......

maybe i should chuck it in the lathe and ream for neck tension....hmmmmmmmmm

looks like we have the dillon issue covered......

mike in co

Scrounger
12-04-2008, 06:08 PM
yep pulling an expander button back thru a neck is not condusive to accuracy. i use a lot of lee loaders and bushing dies.

just got a 300 win mag, no lee loader, no money for a bushing die right now...so i either use the button or pull it out and have a bunch of neck tension.......

maybe i should chuck it in the lathe and ream for neck tension....hmmmmmmmmm

looks like we have the dillon issue covered......

mike in co

Or hone out the neck of the die you now have to give you the proper finished dimension...

Shiloh
12-04-2008, 07:33 PM
i have a 550b that is well over 20 years old.
some parts are starting to just poop out from age.
and of course since i am a dummy i break things.
everytime i have called dillon they dont care how i broke it.
they just want my address so they can send me a free part.

btw
i was using my press this morning to knock out 100 .357mag's
and caught myself thinking.
what a great device!

YOU BET!!

Dillon has always been there for me with my 550B showing it's age. Isn't it nice when you have a spur-of-the-moment decision to go to the range, you can churn out a couple of hundred rounds in less than a half hour!!

I wonder if attitude on the side of the customer has anything to do with some of the bad experiences?? Dillon is the best!!

Bassleg
12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Dillon fixed my 450 no charge.. That's why I like them..

bigbird1
12-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Hey Uncle Bill,
Maybe you could help us.....the ones who don't seem to get Grrrreat customer service from Dillion? Somehow they ( dillion csr) must have a sixth sense about some people. If you don't mind whenever one of us has a problem with our dillion equipment , could I (we) email you?:wink:
Thanks Uncle bill or as we say in Hawaii.....MAHALO!

Stargzer

Yea , that was my first dillon product, so I know they didn't have me on call ID, maybe the guy was having a bad day, but it wasn't my problem:???:

unclebill
12-06-2008, 12:25 AM
YOU BET!!

Dillon has always been there for me with my 550B showing it's age. Isn't it nice when you have a spur-of-the-moment decision to go to the range, you can churn out a couple of hundred rounds in less than a half hour!!

I wonder if attitude on the side of the customer has anything to do with some of the bad experiences?? Dillon is the best!!

yes
when i explain to them that a certain part is finally failing after 25 years or so they have either just sent the part or in the case of a powder measure they gave me the option of sending it in so they could replace the powder tube or just sending me the tube so i could do it myself.
i did it myself.

as far as attitiude
i am always nice to customer service folks because i figure they spend all day listening to people gripe and they dont need it from me!:drinks:

Geraldo
12-12-2008, 10:38 AM
After reading all these Dillon threads, I decided it was time to take care of a couple of warranty issues, one with a low primer alarm and the other with a powder measure. I emailed Dillon asking if this stuff was covered under warranty and their response was simple: under warranty-send address.

What more can you ask for? Thanks, Dillon.

hedgehorn
12-14-2008, 11:30 PM
I had one problem when I got mine the small primer magazine was missing. I called Dillon and they had one out in a couple of days. No Questions.

phil218b
12-15-2008, 12:34 AM
I have a very BIG problem with Dillon, and it just chaps my hide that they have not fixed it yet.
I am disturbed at the fact that they have not yet produced a 50 BMG progressive press. Now you can all see my BIG problem. The only thing I can think of is that since their products are as good as they are, they could send some of their customer service guys to research and development. This should expidite their creation of a progressive 50 BMG press and solve my problem. But it is apparent that the customers need for a free lunch, makes it necessary for them to spend their money and time keeping their customers happy. So I will just remain disturbed, as many will agree that I am naturally, and wait for them to produce a new piece of equipment for us to enjoy.
As for now I will just make it known that I,
WISH ALL THE FOLKS AT DILLON A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
Thanks for all your outstanding equipment and support. It has been a pleasure to be a customer, well satisfied with all your products and people.

Phil

mauser1959
12-15-2008, 03:24 AM
I have always loaded with green machines ( love my RC and piggy back 3), but recently I was offered a 550B. I have been considering one as everyone that I know swears by them except for the cost. However the mere fact that a Dillon Rep came onto this board makes me really believe that the 550B might be worth my money. BTW. thanks to the Dillon Rep whom came on here and to who ever was able to get him to post. It is a great day when a company rep post to one of our gun boards. It is a pity that most of the manufactures do not clue into this fact and have a company rep who checks out the various gun boards who have reloading pages on them... what wonderful customer relations. All the sudden the money for that machine does not sound like it is so high.

BTW. Thanks to who ever also alerted the Dillon rep that his input was needed. I can not honestly say that I have ever gotten anything but the best service from RCBS , but I think that service was just bested.

Shiloh
12-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Mauser1959,

Even with the Dillon 550B, the old RC press still gets a lot of use. If one is loading rifle cases of the .30-06 variety or bigger, it would behoove you to do your sizing on a single stage press.

Shiloh

cajun shooter
12-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Dillon is top of the hill with service. I had a worn out Lge Primer magazine plastic tip. This little piece will shut down your priming real quick. I looked on Dillons site and saw that these pieces were included in the 550 repair kit. I called and the salesman verified that the pieces were in the kit. He said the kit was 15.95 with $8 shipping. I said Ouch!! Thats 1/2 the price of the kit. He said don't worry I'll send you some replacements for free. I asked about the cllip pins for the primer tubes and he said no problem. I received from Dillon in three days the parts for NC. I only wish that each company would send their managers to Dillon to train and see how the "BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD IS RAN"

45nut
12-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I have always loaded with green machines ( love my RC and piggy back 3), but recently I was offered a 550B. I have been considering one as everyone that I know swears by them except for the cost. However the mere fact that a Dillon Rep came onto this board makes me really believe that the 550B might be worth my money. BTW. thanks to the Dillon Rep whom came on here and to who ever was able to get him to post. It is a great day when a company rep post to one of our gun boards. It is a pity that most of the manufactures do not clue into this fact and have a company rep who checks out the various gun boards who have reloading pages on them... what wonderful customer relations. All the sudden the money for that machine does not sound like it is so high.

BTW. Thanks to who ever also alerted the Dillon rep that his input was needed. I can not honestly say that I have ever gotten anything but the best service from RCBS , but I think that service was just bested.

I will take credit to alerting Gary his help was needed here, I take time to try and get the help from our suppliers when I can. I have never been let down by Dillon myself. Nobody will ever be 100% however.

Lloyd Smale
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
only thing they ever balked at sending was a replacement for a broken shell plate. I can understand that though as it would be easy to get a free conversion like that. they gave me a new one but i had to send in the damaged one.

mstarling
12-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I have a 550 that began life as a 450 and a 1050. Never had a significant problem with either press. Was a bit surprised that the 1050 had only a one year warrantee. Guess that's because they might be used as a commercial reloader and subject to very, very heavy use.

The plastic powder reservoirs on my measures are beginning to go ... but some of them are more than 20 years old.

The only significant problems I've ever had with Dillon tools was a primer swager that never really worked well because it assumes that the internal dimensions of cases are the same ... and they're not. It finally got rained on when the roof of my shop lost its integrity. Also bought a big tumbler that failed twice. The second time they offered me a discount on one of a new design. Would love to find a better tumbler.

I think their presses, dies, and accessories are superb. They've served me well for a very long time.

dillonhelp
12-16-2008, 08:31 PM
phil218b,
We hope to meet your expectations by the 2009 SHOT show. We thought we might be ready earlier, but getting the new powder measure designed took more time than we thought. Stay tuned.........:bigsmyl2:

phil218b
12-17-2008, 11:23 PM
phil218b,
We hope to meet your expectations by the 2009 SHOT show. We thought we might be ready earlier, but getting the new powder measure designed took more time than we thought. Stay tuned.........:bigsmyl2:

Thank you!! Thank you!!! THERE IS A SANTA!!!!!!:-D:-D

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

yarro
12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I have owned 550s and now own a 650. I have always had good luck with Dillon, but I am always polite and never called or went there when I was angry. They have replaced stuff that I expected to pay for as I broke it by not paying attention to what I was doing. I have sometimes paid for lost parts, and sometimes not. I never expect not to pay, and it is just nice when I don't. They have always swapped out something when I bought the wrong thing even when I had it quite awhile before I found out that it wasn't what I wanted.

-Yarro

EDK
12-18-2008, 04:31 AM
I bought a Square Deal back when they first came out. Then a 550 around 1991/92. Great machine! My only complaint wass the time to change out shell plates and primer systems...my problem because I like to play with small lots and experiment like everyone else here...and shoot 44 and some 357. The solution was easy...I bought a second 550B this summer after working a lot of overtime and then did some re-arranging on my bench. WHY didn't I do this sooner!

Worst thing that Dillon people have done to me was say "I told you so" after I realized the 550 didn't work near as well with LYMAN dies as it would with DILLONS....about 10 minutes after I had the machine set up. BUT they had warned me when I ordered the 550 that I would be a lot happier with dies designed for the machine.

Customer service has been excellent. Thanks for an excellent product and equally good service for the years after the sale.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OUR FRIENDS AT DILLON PRECISON

:cbpour::redneck::Fire:

Lloyd Smale
12-18-2008, 08:46 AM
now that we have a dillon rep on here i want to tell him that i really do have 5 square deals. Every time i call for parts i kind of get the feeling the guy on the phone doesnt believe me and wonders what im doing with all the parts.

acemedic13
12-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Always a a great experience when I deal with dillon. I have only been reloading a few years, so when I got started i broke everything there was to break on that 650.Dillon has literally sent me an entire rebuild kit. Minus the press and ram. They sent me the extra when they sent me the replacement parts for my last screw up.Basiclly two rebuild kits. All free of charge. I had one bad experience when the guy asked me what dies I was using. I told him lee. He told me to call Lee and hung up on me. I ratted him out and have never had another problem again. You can't always have the greatest experience with a company. There will always be some hiccup. All in all, they are the best out there, hands down

unclebill
12-18-2008, 09:17 AM
now that we have a dillon rep on here i want to tell him that i really do have 5 square deals. Every time i call for parts i kind of get the feeling the guy on the phone doesnt believe me and wonders what im doing with all the parts.

i kinda had that same feeling because i kept calling as parts pooped out.
i sent them a pic in an e-mail of what i was doing.:mrgreen:

flutedchamber
12-29-2008, 01:03 AM
My experiences with Dillon customer service was wonderful, until about 5 or so years ago. Now, for the few times that I have used customer service it seems to be a matter of WHO you get on the phone rather than what you are looking to replace under warranty.

Case in point. My large Dillon case cleaner. After 5 years of faithful heavy service the rubber well nuts that hold the springs to the base and bowl had begun to separate. In all I needed to replace 5 well nuts. I called customer service and got a rep, then explained what I needed. I was told the total would be $$, plus $ shipping and handling. I told him that I thought this was covered under the lifetime no ******** warranty. I was told that it was a "wear" part, and thus not covered. I told the rep that I would have to call back as I didn't have my credit card handy.

When I called back I got a different rep. Told him what I needed, he said if 5 of the well nuts failed, the others would be close behind. He also included new springs. He said that they take a set after a while. Everything was sent free of charge.

On two other occasions I have had the same problem with needing primer tube ends and the garter spring (return spring) on the old style powder measure.

Previous to these events I had the media catch container for the Dillon media separator replaced with no problem. It developed a crack in the base, near the point where the plastic was injected into the mold. When you picked the tub up with media in it there would be a line of media on the floor. The tub was only a little over a year old. The new one seems to be made of a better grade of poly plastic.

Dissatisfaction with Dillon customer service I don't believe is with the company itself, but with a few representatives that are disgruntled for whatever reason. Basically, if you don't get good service, call back in a few minutes and get another rep and chances are your problem will be solved free of charge.

My only lasting complaint with Dillon is the warranty on my old 1050. On the back of my operators manual is the Dillon no ******** warranty covering the 1050. Now Dillon does not warrant the 1050 for life.:?:

stargzer
12-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Dissatisfaction with Dillon customer service I don't believe is with the company itself, but with a few representatives that are disgruntled for whatever reason. Basically, if you don't get good service, call back in a few minutes and get another rep and chances are your problem will be solved free of charge.
:?:

The point of the matter is, we should NOT have to call back. I have tried that a few times and just got the same agent.

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CALL BACK....PERIOD!

It is a Dillion problem and Not OURS!

Geraldo
12-29-2008, 04:51 PM
The point of the matter is, we should NOT have to call back. I have tried that a few times and just got the same agent.

The Dillon guy posted his phone number and extension above, if you have a problem, use it.

hotwheelz
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I have nothing short of great experiences with dillons customer service I have broken parts called up expecting to have to pay for them and the guy says there on the way NO CHARGE..... I recently got a old 650 when I called up to get some parts they guy informed me all my part #'s were old and he helped cross them over he then sent out all the new updated parts FREE!!!! Thanks Dillon

flutedchamber
12-29-2008, 11:11 PM

Stargazer,

I completely agree. You should not have to play Russian roulette with a company when it comes to phone service. I will say since this problem, at least in my experience, has only come about the last five years or so that Dillon needs to do two things.

First, moniter their customer service phone calls for interaction problems and misinformation.

Second, take corrective measures to cure the problems found in the first step. IF DILLON DOES NOT DO THAT, IT IS BECAUSE IT APPROVES OF THE ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE PHONE REPRESENTATIVES.

I am sure that the people who mentioned having problems with tech support/part replacement are not the only ones who have had problems. Eventually this will harm Dillon if it is not stopped.

This is why I now deal with eguns.com for my Dillon needs. Great service every time, no misinformation or attitude.

Crash_Corrigan
12-30-2008, 12:44 AM
I have had only good relations with Dillon and their reps. You will pay more for their reloading dies but they are worth it.

The removeable guts to the crimping and seating dies make using LLA easy and pain free. Prior to Dillons dies I had to remove the die from the toolhead and then clean the residual goo from the dies and then reinsert and readjust the dies every couple of hundred rounds.

Now I just remove the wire spring thingie from the groove at the top of the die and let the guts of the die fall into my hand. Clean with a Q tip soaked in mineral spirits and I am back up and running full tilt in less than a minute without having to touch the adjustment for the dies at all. How come nobody else thinks like that.

Yah Lee is cheaper but for the 9MM's, .38's and .45 which I use hundreds of every week I go with Dillon. Loading rifle is a different story. I tend to favor neck sizing only in my bolt actions to keep longevity with my brass. However I do keep a Lee Factory Crimp Die pretty much for every caliber I shoot as it does solve a lot of problems.

I have a Lee hand press, Challenger, Classic Turret Press {still in the box},
Dillon Swager, 550 B, Midway single stage press and a mix of RCBS, Lee, Lyman and Saeco dies and sundry parts.

stargzer
12-30-2008, 01:00 AM
This is why I now deal with eguns.com for my Dillon needs. Great service every time, no misinformation or attitude.

Flutedchamber,
Yes, it will hurt in the NEW CUSTOMER department. Since you, I and many others purchased our dillion loaders a long time ago ( when NO BS really meant NO BS) We pretty much agree that dillion machines are top notch...althought can't speak for the present. We still must buy our Dillion Stuff.

I just made a large purchase of several hundred dollars for dillion stuff and did the same a couple of months ago over $500 that time, but, I used their online shopping and did not have to mess with a person....a much nicer experience. Hey, maybe Dillion could go all online for purchase and repair/replacement...then they could save even more $$$$, and we would get replacements without hassle. NO BS :D

Yes, there are many who rave about Dillion service, you and I did too at one time, but.......wait till they get a bad experience over the phone......Hummmm.

Like I mentioned earlier, all the CSR had to do was ask me....how he or she (do they even have girls on the phone, there?) could resolve my problem. Simply ask me "what can I do to fix this?" and I would have told him.....sale person or Manager....neither one asked. Too BAD!

Hao`oli Makahiki Hau / Happy New Year to all

Ugly Dwarf
12-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Interesting to hear that Dillon will (may) replace little lost items like locator buttons. Glad I saw this post.

I lost one for my .44 conversion a while back. I figured that problem was all on me but didn't want to pay $5 to ship a $1 part, so I've been waiting until I was going to order more stuff.

Then I lost a locator for my .223 conversion. I was now doubly disapointed and starting to look for other things I might "need" from them. Two weeks ago I found the .223 locator while cleaning the garage and the .44 locator got put on the back burner again.

Now I think I'll need to give them a call and see if they'll send one to me for free (or at least free shipping). For the record, I've only needed to call them a few times with questions, but they have ALWAYS been helpful.

As for great service, I'll note that RCBS has always come through for me. I bought some of their dies on eBay a while back and they were missing a part. When I called (and explained the history), they offered to send me replacement parts for free.

Dwarf

FISH4BUGS
12-30-2008, 09:37 PM
II bought my Dillon when it was the 500 I think (many years ago) , and upgraded to the 550b and still goes strong. The times I have used their warranty have been truly NO BS.
My customer number is 19XX and it has been many years with Dillon. I have NO issues.
GO BLUE!

shooterg
01-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Use a 550B nearly daily since 1999, .223, .45 setups. Had a Square Deal in storage for more than 15 years(no room to set up). Made room a couple months ago, several things missing/broken - the battery cap from the low primer buzzbox, primer tray, the plastic primer follower rod and bracket for the primer, and a couple of the buttons. While ordering (via mail) a bullet tray for the 550B, I described above in the enclosure, asked 'em to charge me for anything not warranted. The buttons I was charged for, all the plastic broken stuff was replaced FREE, plus the bin I lost ! I'm pretty happy and that antique Square Deal is now pounding out .38 SWC rounds as fast as I can crank . The 550B has yet to bugger anything at all. If I could just afford a Square Deal for each handgun caliber and had room for 'em it'd be a perfect world almost...

OOHRAH for Dillon.

orygun_native
01-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Interesting to hear that Dillon will (may) replace little lost items like locator buttons. Glad I saw this post.

I lost one for my .44 conversion a while back. I figured that problem was all on me but didn't want to pay $5 to ship a $1 part, so I've been waiting until I was going to order more stuff.

Then I lost a locator for my .223 conversion. I was now doubly disapointed and starting to look for other things I might "need" from them. Two weeks ago I found the .223 locator while cleaning the garage and the .44 locator got put on the back burner again.

Now I think I'll need to give them a call and see if they'll send one to me for free (or at least free shipping). For the record, I've only needed to call them a few times with questions, but they have ALWAYS been helpful.

As for great service, I'll note that RCBS has always come through for me. I bought some of their dies on eBay a while back and they were missing a part. When I called (and explained the history), they offered to send me replacement parts for free.

Dwarf

I personally have had great luck with Dillon and it's pretty cool that they take the time to address people directly here on the forum. My only question is to Stargzer, is there a reason why you don't spell Dillon correctly? Is the misspelling some sort of slam on them that I am not quite catching? I'm just curious.

stargzer
01-25-2009, 04:05 AM
My only question is to Stargzer, is there a reason why you don't spell Dillon correctly? Is the misspelling some sort of slam on them that I am not quite catching? I'm just curious.

LOL, No slam, I'm just like a lot of others who sometimes make an error in spelling.:roll: I realized now I misspelled Dillon. Thanks for pointing that out, :holysheep I'm just human. Next time I'll use the spell checker...:drinks:[smilie=l::killingpc

Meatco1
02-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Here's another hearty endorsement for Dillon.

I bought my Dillon RL 450 sometime in the early 80s. Bought it from "Cole's Guns" almost 30 years ago. Since then Dillon updated both their primer, and powder feeds. Mike Dillon (who used to answer the phone) was quick to send me both updates at no cost. He has also sent various other updated parts, again with no charge.

Last year, one of my OLD updated powder measures for the RL 450 had a catastrophic failure, when the hopper separated from the measure (remember,it was at least 25 years old), and I called to order another. When I called, the customer rep said a new one would be sent out at no charge, and asked that I send back the failed unit.

I also have one of the original Dillon case trimmers with the very long wiring plug. I updated it myself, by cutting the wires to a usable length right after I received it. I don’t remember the year I bought it, but it has been at least 20 years ago, and it’s still trimming cases with ease. Same goes for my original Dillon “Terminator” scale, works as well today as it did 20+ years ago.

In any case, I don't think I've ever dealt with a company that sells this type of quality merchandise, and stands behind it 100% as well!!!

As far as I'm concered, when one talk’s about Dillon’s customer service, you have to know, they are in a league of their own!

No BS!!!

Richard

nevadajim775
02-20-2009, 12:45 PM
I've been using a Dillon 650 for almost two years now and have had several contacts with their customer service. The reps have all been very helpful and polite. Some replacement parts have been at no charge, and others I have paid for. Either way I have absolutely no complaints against the service and/or products. Outstanding in my opinion. I used a single stage RCBS for at least 40 years prior to switching over to my 650. Don't know now how I managed to keep up with my shooting using that old single stage.

Jim