PDA

View Full Version : Star Sizing Die

ddeaton
12-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I just got my new Star Magma sizer and told them I was going to start out with 45acp boolits with 1 lube groove. They would send a die accordingly. The die they sent has 2 sets of lube holes. The instructions say to plug one set. I ordered a die from lathesmithe for the same so I could try out his dies. Will his die have 1 set of lube holes or 2 like the Star die? I am going to wait on his die before I set up and use this sizer. I also have a Lee 45 250 gr mold which has 2 lube grooves I just bought. I havent measured the lube grooves yet, but I hope I can use this for these.

lathesmith
12-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Danny, the die I made and mailed to you today has one row of holes, just like you requested. It's always handy to have around more than one Star die for a particular caliber if you shoot several different bullets, as one die will often not work too well with more than a few bullets. You should have your die from me Wednesday or Thursday.
lathesmith

ddeaton
12-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I will get with you as I get other molds. This get addictive

perry shooter
12-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Hello Star lube dies with more then one row of holes can be used on bullets with one lube groove. just take the die and put one #8 shot from shotshell in each of the holes in one row the holes in the die are tapered. Cheers Perry Shooter "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"

ddeaton
12-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Hello Star lube dies with more then one row of holes can be used on bullets with one lube groove. just take the die and put one #8 shot from shotshell in each of the holes in one row the holes in the die are tapered. Cheers Perry Shooter "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"

Thanks for the reply, I ordered a single hole die from lathesmith to try out his dies. It is a great thing. The Magma die with 2 sets of holes will work great with my 45 255 molds. Thanks to all so far, I am learning as I go.

Springfield
12-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I have Star dies with up to 6 sets of holes. Just plug up the unused ones.