PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Tried Using a Lee Case Collator for Bullet Sizing?

Jags93
07-31-2020, 11:17 AM
I use a Lee APP to size a few different calibers, all Hi-Tek coated. I am wondering if a Lee or DAA case collator can work to load the tubes.

Has anyone tried this? Would like to hear your experiences or ideas if you tried this or at least contemplated it. .38 wadcutters would likely work no problem but I wonder about SWC and round nose.

Although I'd love to get a Mr. Bullet Feeder the price is a bit steep when you include all the caliber conversions. I don't make that many bullets to justify the cost.

Nelsonholsters
07-31-2020, 11:28 AM
I've used the tubes with the bully bullet feeder.
The collector can't turn the bullets right side up.
You could load the tubes my hand.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Jags93
07-31-2020, 11:37 AM
I figured the bullets would load right side up and then I invert the tubes before placing on the press. I'm trying to avoid loading the tubes by hand.

Nelsonholsters
07-31-2020, 11:40 AM
I figured the bullets would load right side up and then I invert the tubes before placing on the press. I'm trying to avoid loading the tubes by hand.You will probably end up with 50/50 upside down and right side up.
But give it a try ya never know it may work and if it does let us know.
Worse case you try it and if it don't work you will just need to dump them out.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

gpidaho
07-31-2020, 11:42 AM
If the tubes need to be loaded by hand, I don't see an advantage to using the tubes at all. Why not just drop them into the size die one at a time and save all the fiddly little feed issues? Gp

onelight
07-31-2020, 12:19 PM
Depending on bullet shape they may feed and size fine upside down .
Be our betta tester :grin:

Jags93
07-31-2020, 12:29 PM
I'm trying to cut the time down it takes to size a batch. When the tubes are full you can really moves fast sizing on the Lee. I used to be able to con the kids into feeding tubes while I work the handle but they got bored of that real quick.

Nelsonholsters
07-31-2020, 01:20 PM
Do a search on eBay for the "Automatic Bullet Feeder for LEE LOADMASTER (9mm, .40SW and .45ACP), V2"
I've got one on the way.

From everything I have read it works good, I try to to load a minimum of at least 200 rounds at a time once I find a good load my gun likes.
Haven tried with cast yet but will be as soon as I get the powder coating down.