PDA

View Full Version : Traded for a new to me 45/70 1895 CB today.

koger
07-28-2020, 10:09 PM
Well I got it from a guy on here, and it is a nice one. The Remlin Gremlins were not around when this one was made. I looked it over from head to toe, and I could not find a flaw. The wood to metal fit was great, and all the metal joints were perfect. The octagonal barrel has some of the best polishing/bluing i have ever seen on a Marlin. The reciever was a little flat in shine, but even all the way around. Works slick also. The previous owner had removed the rear sight and put in a filler, and added a William sight on the top of the barrel. The first shot out of the barrel hit a pop can off of a rest, at 120 yds, next 2 kept it jumping around about 10ft at each shot. I am going to like it, I traded another gun in on it, and feel no remorse.

John Wayne
07-28-2020, 10:36 PM
Sam Koger, one of my favorite people! Sounds like an excellent trade for sure. I always like to hear the good guys win one!

smkummer
07-29-2020, 09:14 AM
And the fun is just starting. A friend of mine has that same gun, I like my 22” sporter with pistol grip and 2/3 magazine. It appears your also has the shotgun buttplate which is a big plus with recoil. Wonderful castbullet shooters. Currently my fun 100-200 yard range plinking load is a 350 gr. Cast Bullet at 1300 FPS with unique powder. Cheap, fun, accurate and easy on the shoulder. Even so, I use a leather laced on recoil pad for more ease on the shoulder. Congrats. Oh, everyone likes shooting my rifle, you will probably run into the same situation.

koger
07-29-2020, 02:24 PM
SMKUMMER, I am shooting the same load as you.

smkummer
07-29-2020, 03:26 PM
SMKUMMER, I am shooting the same load as you.

Great minds think alike!

T-Bird
07-30-2020, 07:48 AM
I shoot the 330 Gould out of mine at about the same speed. Mine shoots straight as I can shoot it.

koger
07-31-2020, 12:32 AM
T Bird I have a bunch of the same bullets, some sized and lubed, some PC to try also.

osteodoc08
08-08-2020, 07:43 PM
I’ve not had any issues with my recent “Remlins”. My 1894 special edition in 45 Colt is a fantastic example of what they can turn out. Glad you got a good one as well.

The only area I can nitpick on the new CB models I’ve seen is the octagonal flats are a bit rounded and not “sharp” like I like. Didn’t stop me from buying a CBA model though!

DDJ
08-09-2020, 02:25 PM
I just recently bought a made in May 2019 Marlin CBA. It's the 1505" barrel version of of your gun. Fit and finish is very nice. I installed a RPP loading gate and skinner sights and did some internal polishing. Just ran my 200th round through it yesterday. I absolutely love this gun! I'm shooting 300 grain Meister cast bullets and my own 405 cast. Also installed a slip on Kick Ezz pad for recoil management Anytime you pull the trigger on a 6 lb 6 oz gun in 45-70 you know it goes off regardless of the load. I could shoot this gun all day long