PDA

View Full Version : New Pedersoli mold halves stuck together

CeeHoo
07-24-2020, 03:05 PM
Yesterday I got two new single cavity round ball molds made by Pedersoli, one in .675" and other one in .614". Their structure is almost 100% identical to that of Lyman. The .614" was easy to disassemble for degreasing but the .675" has its halves stuck together like crazy. I've tried heating, immersing in gasoline (for a couple of hours), gentle tapping, wiggling and pulling but no luck so far. I suspect it's just stubborn dried cosmo acting like superglue. Has anyone ever had similar experiences with such a molds? Thanks!

And yes, I remembered to cut the cable tie. :mrgreen:

https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda-accessorio.asp/l_en/idpr_123/pre_0/accessories-professional-bullet-moulds-block-with-1-cavity--round-balls.html

MT Gianni
07-24-2020, 05:47 PM
Put handles on them and get them hot?

samari46
07-26-2020, 01:05 AM
Put them in a pot and boil them for an hour. Frank

CeeHoo
07-26-2020, 01:10 AM
Put handles on them and get them hot?

Yes I tried that but with no luck. However, the problem is now solved. It was caused alignment pins protuding too much. When putting the halves back together in gentle manner, there was about 1mm gap between them. Seems to me someone at the factory must have slammed the halves together during assembly. I see no damage on the pins or holes, however.

How I removed the halves was that I took a brass punch and tried to tap the pin heads through the second block. This opened a small gap on one side and then on the other.