PDA

View Full Version : Ruined Hensley & Gibbs #45 GC H.P.

Texasflyboy
12-01-2008, 11:04 AM
As I've indicated numerous times, cavity condition is everything on a mould, all else is secondary.

This is a closeup of a beautifully ruined Hensley & Gibbs #45 Gas Check Hollow Point mould that I was about to bid on. Since I didn't see a close-up of the cavity, I asked for one. I was glad I did. Someone attempted to remove the gas check step and created a funnel.

There will never be any more Hensley & Gibbs bullet moulds. Once ruined, they're ruined forever. Take care of what you have.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2z69fno.jpg

docone31
12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
A push thru sizing die will make the casting serviceable.
If a gas check is desired, an O-ring can be machined into the mold.
It is a shame to ruin the integrity of molds like that.
I had an old Sharps that had been badly modernized.
To me, these things are sad. To others they don't care.

No_1
12-01-2008, 11:36 AM
That is a shame. This mould could have been a "crown jewel" to someone who appreciates the H&G line. I have a few of the H&G line myself (some appear never used) and would have loved this one.

Robert

cuzinbruce
12-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for posting that mess. I saw it too and was considering bidding. Are we supposed to believe the seller didn't have any idea of the problem??????

Huntducks
12-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks for posting that mess. I saw it too and was considering bidding. Are we supposed to believe the seller didn't have any idea of the problem??????

Yes not everyone selling moulds on ebay casts or have used what they have, I bought well over 20 moulds a year ago some in the box and still in the org. wrapping which I did not open but most I tried out casting at least a doz. bullets before I listed most of them on ebay.

Matter in fact I have an H&G listed on ebay right now.

:drinks:

Shotgun Luckey
12-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Yes not everyone selling moulds on ebay casts or have used what they have, I bought well over 20 moulds a year ago some in the box and still in the org. wrapping which I did not open but most I tried out casting at least a doz. bullets before I listed most of them on ebay.

Matter in fact I have an H&G listed on ebay right now.

:drinks:

You didn't offer it here first?....no listing fees here and everyone I've dealt with here (buying and selling) have been real good people to deal with.

Not being critical, it is your choice after all

:coffee: