PDA

View Full Version : "Is Jesus THE Christ?"

exile
07-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Is Jesus THE Christ, the promised Messiah, the Holy One foretold in Scripture?

What do you think?

exile

square butte
07-20-2020, 03:45 PM
Absolutely !

mozeppa
07-20-2020, 03:46 PM
yes undeniable!

READ ISAIAH 53 ...the whole chapter, and you tell me who it is describing (written 100's of years before his birth.)

wv109323
07-20-2020, 04:37 PM
Yes, he fullfilled all the phophecy of the OT. Name another that has affected history and lifestyles as much as the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rizzo
07-21-2020, 02:25 PM

What do you think?

exile

I believe that God sent His Son to incarnate on this earth for a reason.
His Son was born and became the Son of man. His name was Jesus.

The Jews do not accept that Jesus was the Messiah.
They cite Biblical prophesy that was not fulfilled that described who the Messiah would be.
These are God's chosen people saying that, despite what they heard from Jesus or what He did.

By his teachings and actions there is no doubt in my mind that He was the Son of God incarnate.

Dieselhorses
07-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Yes Yes Yes Yes and YES!

kenblacksmith
07-21-2020, 05:25 PM
Yes & he died for us, brought love to the world. It hasn't been the same since.

ioon44
07-22-2020, 09:39 AM
Yes, Jesus THE Christ, the promised Messiah, the Holy One foretold in Scripture.

Jesus is the one who saved me and gives me eternal life and I thank Him and give Him all my praise.

ioon44
07-22-2020, 09:43 AM
wrong therad

dtknowles
07-22-2020, 09:36 PM
Maybe. The evidence is weak, mostly only what is recorded in the New Testament which might be a work of fiction, no Roman or Jewish record of his execution but I don't doubt the Romans executed a bunch of Jews like Jesus. That Jesus, if he was executed by the Jews/Romans, rose from the dead, again no Jewish or Roman record of that event. The only people to record the miraculous resurrection are a few of his Apostles who would benefit from the belief that their leader was such as the true Christ.

Maybe, a few billion people believe that their salvation depends on believing it. Of course more people don't believe it than do believe it.

Tim

ioon44
07-23-2020, 08:26 AM
This makes me look at Matthew ch7 vs 13-14

Hogtamer
07-23-2020, 11:02 AM
dtknowles: wrong answer.

1hole
07-23-2020, 04:55 PM
Maybe. The evidence is weak, mostly only what is recorded in the New Testament which might be a work of fiction, no Roman or Jewish record of his execution ...
Tim

Wrong. A guy named Josephus was a Jewish historian in that period who was well respected by the Romans. He mentions the crucifixion of Jesus and the rapid growth of His followers.

dtknowles
07-23-2020, 07:36 PM
Wrong. A guy named Josephus was a Jewish historian in that period who was well respected by the Romans. He mentions the crucifixion of Jesus and the rapid growth of His followers.

Josephus was not even born yet when Jesus (if he was crucified) was crucified.

Tim

1hole
07-23-2020, 10:01 PM
Ah, yes. Now you've caught me out on a limb haven't you?

But, on the other hand ol' Joe was born and grew up in the same area so he not only would have known the stories but at least a few living witnesses. And he was in the Messadda fight in 70 AD. So I, for one, suspect he's probably worth listening to!

Just have to wonder, is it your position that only the accounts of historians who directly witnessed something should or could be trusted?

exile
08-10-2021, 01:17 PM
"The woman said to him, 'I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ). When he comes, he will tell us all things.' Jesus said to her, 'I who speak to you am he.'"

John 4:25-26 (E.S.V.)

exile

Wally
08-10-2021, 01:38 PM
But there are some records of his execution.....this You Tube clip gives details from ancient historians that mentioned it...Roman & Jewish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A41Tm5FDKns

Maybe. The evidence is weak, mostly only what is recorded in the New Testament which might be a work of fiction, no Roman or Jewish record of his execution but I don't doubt the Romans executed a bunch of Jews like Jesus. That Jesus, if he was executed by the Jews/Romans, rose from the dead, again no Jewish or Roman record of that event. The only people to record the miraculous resurrection are a few of his Apostles who would benefit from the belief that their leader was such as the true Christ.

Maybe, a few billion people believe that their salvation depends on believing it. Of course more people don't believe it than do believe it.

Tim

1hole
08-10-2021, 02:42 PM
There's a thousand times more evidence of the Jewish Jesus than there is of the Greek Homer but "intellectuals think" (?) Homer was real but Jesus is not.

Some intellectuals are quite smart and know Jesus was and is but most are mushroom dumm people who preach that He was not. They "prove" it by citing how many other dummies like themselves agree!

Spiritually blind people only prove to each other that there are none so blind as those who refuse to see!

Char-Gar
08-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Without question:

"Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Mark 16:13-16

I became a Christian in 1970 at age 28. I was a young lawyer at the time. Before I could proceed with life, I had to find the answer to two questions;

1. Did Jesus really live?
2. Are the New Testament documents a reliable account of his life, teaching and death?

In order to answer these questions, I left the practice of law and entered a three year graduate course of study at Asbury Seminary. My legal education had prepared me to do research and I spent every spare hour my first year in the library seeking the answer to my question. I found the answers and the answers were both a resounding yes!

Char-Gar
08-10-2021, 04:14 PM
Josephus was not even born yet when Jesus (if he was crucified) was crucified.

Tim

You were not born when Lincoln was killed, but I bet you know the story pretty well. The life and death of Abraham Lincoln fundamentally change the history of the country. The life and death of Jesus transformed the Roman Empire and eventually the history of the entire world.

KragNut
08-10-2021, 04:28 PM
John 20:29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Rizzo
08-10-2021, 05:00 PM
"Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Mark 16:13-16

Looks like those people believed in reincarnation by thinking that Jesus was one of those mentioned.
Why else would they say that.

Char-Gar
08-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Looks like those people believed in reincarnation by thinking that Jesus was one of those mentioned.

Reincarnation was not a part of Jewish theology. But the did believe that Elijah would return. Return and reincarnation is not the same thing at all.

badguybuster
08-10-2021, 05:10 PM
Jesus Christ IS the Son of GOD, Redeemer of the World.

Half Dog
08-10-2021, 05:19 PM
I hope you find out before it’s too late.

1hole
08-10-2021, 05:54 PM

Ah, the slippery Satanic attraction of getting around God with delusions of reincarnation strikes again; it ain't happening.

.429&H110
08-10-2021, 06:45 PM
Is Jesus the Christ?

Absolutely. Sent to change the world, tear the veil, Light in the darkness.

Christ is not His last name, it is His title. From the Koine Christos, Messiah.

Jesus Christ is our only hope.

But we have hardened our hearts and would rather watch football.
We closed the churches for wuflu but kept the liquor stores open.
So who is running America? Kick God out of school, who runs the school?
I hope to see you in church.

Wild Bill 7
08-10-2021, 08:40 PM
Dt, I hope for your soul you will have a change of heart. God sent his only son to earth to pay for our sins and that’s why He was crucified. I personally don’t believe God would let his word be tainted in anyway. We have free will to believe or not to believe. It’s your choice and that is forever. I don’t want to stand before God and Jesus on judgement day and hear him say depart from for I know you not.

Rizzo
08-11-2021, 12:48 PM
Reincarnation was not a part of Jewish theology.

Well, it sure sounds like they had some notion of it by how they answered Jesus.
Like I (rhetorically asked), why would they say that?

But the did believe that Elijah would return.
Yes, in my understanding, it was a prerequisite to the coming of the Messiah.
Did Elijah return before Jesus came on the scene?
No?
Then Jesus would not be the Messiah then would He.

Was John the Baptist the reincarnated Elijah?
If so, then that would satisfy the biblical prophesy.
Jesus stated that Elijah had come and related this to John the Baptist.

Return and reincarnation is not the same thing at all.
I did not say it was.
Elijah would return as Elijah.
Elijah reincarnating would come as someone else.

Rizzo
08-11-2021, 12:49 PM
Ah, the slippery Satanic attraction of getting around God with delusions of reincarnation strikes again; it ain't happening.
<sigh>
Getting around God, eh.
You do not know what you are talking about.

Char-Gar
08-11-2021, 01:00 PM
Well, it sure sounds like they had some notion of it by how they answered Jesus.
Like I (rhetorically asked), why would they say that?

Yes, in my understanding, it was a prerequisite to the coming of the Messiah.
Did Elijah return before Jesus came on the scene?
No?
Then Jesus would not be the Messiah then would He.

Was John the Baptist the reincarnated Elijah?
If so, then that would satisfy the biblical prophesy.
Jesus stated that Elijah had come and related this to John the Baptist.

I did not say it was.
Elijah would return as Elijah.
Elijah reincarnating would come as someone else.

If you read the Gospels, you will find that Jesus selected disciples and took them with him as he went about teaching and ministering. The prevailing concept of Messiah/Christ was than of a powerful military leader who would throw out the Romans and reestablish a Jewish kingdom much it was like under King David. This is very far from whom Jesus was as Messiah. He allowed the disciples to discover for themselves who he was as Messiah. The passage I quoted from Mark was the final exam and Peter as spokesman got it right.

If you are interested in learning, there you have it. If you just want to be an arguing troll, then I am done with you.

Rizzo
08-11-2021, 01:43 PM
If you read the Gospels, you will find that Jesus selected disciples and took them with him as he went about teaching and ministering. The prevailing concept of Messiah/Christ was than of a powerful military leader who would throw out the Romans and reestablish a Jewish kingdom much it was like under King David. This is very far from whom Jesus was as Messiah. He allowed the disciples to discover for themselves who he was as Messiah. The passage I quoted from Mark was the final exam and Peter as spokesman got it right.

If you are interested in learning, there you have it. If you just want to be an arguing troll, then I am done with you.
I see, there I have it. Yet you did not answer my question(s).

Well, I have read the Bible. Currently I am in the middle of my second time.
I made a reply to your post but you can't or won't answer my questions, so you call me an arguing troll?
This seems to be a pattern with you when put on the spot to back up what you posted.
You get all huffy.
Perhaps you need to discuss your temper issues with your Pastor.

Yes, I am interested in learning.
That is why I ask questions.
What's your excuse for side stepping the questions?

fixit
08-11-2021, 02:57 PM
An interesting point about Elijah is that since he didn't die, instead being taken up in a firy chariot, he could come back, without reincarnation being needed. Many suppose that the prophets of doom spoken of in revelation could be Elijah and Enoch, since neither of them had died previously. I hold no stance on that....God will use who God will use. The people of Jesus'day were very superstitious, holding beliefs that the Torah, our old testament, did not support.

exile
08-12-2021, 01:31 PM
"The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, 'Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'"

John 1:29 (E.S.V.)

BigAlofPa.
08-12-2021, 03:28 PM
With the way the world is going. I hope Jesus returns soon.

sniper
08-12-2021, 04:37 PM
Yes!

1hole
08-13-2021, 01:02 PM
<sigh>
Getting around God, eh.
You do not know what you are talking about.

Okay, you tell me what I'm really talking about. And tell us all exactly what you find so attractive about reincarnation; we're listening.

Rizzo
08-13-2021, 02:13 PM
Okay, you tell me what I'm really talking about.
"Getting around God".:veryconfu
I have no idea what you are talking about.
You tell me (us),....we're listening.

exile
08-13-2021, 02:48 PM
"and crying out with a loud voice,

'Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!'

And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshipped God, saying,

'Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.'"

Revelation 7:10-12 (E.S.V.)

exile

1hole
08-13-2021, 08:06 PM
Rizzo, I'm confident everyone here knows what I meant ... including you. And I'm not going to be a foil for your foolishness.

Rizzo
08-13-2021, 11:36 PM
Rizzo, I'm confident everyone here knows what I meant ... including you. And I'm not going to be a foil for your foolishness.

Well, 1hole, you'd be wrong there.
I do not know what you meant with your statement equating getting around God and reincarnation.
I say that because we have had other exchanges on the reincarnation topic and as you know, the ultimate end (goal) is to be back home with God.
Not "Get around God."

For you to say reincarnation gets around God....then like I said.......

wmitty
08-17-2021, 12:49 AM
To build upon what Char- Gar started in post 19, we might look at Matt 16 v 17. Our Creator asks the disciples who they think HE IS. Peters reply is met by a fascinating response : Blessed are you, Simon Bar- Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but MY FATHER WHO is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I Will build my church. Peter was blessed because he had been shown by the Father that the ONE standing before them was both Creator and Sovereign Lord. The “rock” HE describes is the foundational principle that those entering HIS KINGDOM will all be taught by THE FATHER. Check out John 6:45 and then Isaiah 54:13….

armoredman
08-17-2021, 03:36 AM

What do you think?

exile

Yes.

sniper
08-30-2021, 03:32 PM
I believe that God sent His Son to incarnate on this earth for a reason.
His Son was born and became the Son of man. His name was Jesus.

The Jews do not accept that Jesus was the Messiah.
They cite Biblical prophesy that was not fulfilled that described who the Messiah would be.
These are God's chosen people saying that, despite what they heard from Jesus or what He did.

By his teachings and actions there is no doubt in my mind that He was the Son of God incarnate.

Yes; "And His name shall be called;
The mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. And the Government shall be on his shoulders..."

badguybuster
08-30-2021, 03:47 PM
HE is not only THE CHRIST, HE is THE NAME OF GOD in the OT, HE is also THE ANGEL of GOD who appears in the OT. Read Michael Heisers' book The Unseen Realm.

ioon44
08-31-2021, 08:03 AM
Michael Heiser , I really like his teaching style and the depth of his teaching.

Yes, Jesus is the Christ. King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

exile
08-31-2021, 08:32 PM
"Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples and said to him,

'Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?'

And Jesus answered them,

'Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.'"

Matthew 11:2-6 (E.S.V.)

exile

ioon44
09-01-2021, 07:27 AM
HE is not only THE CHRIST, HE is THE NAME OF GOD in the OT, HE is also THE ANGEL of GOD who appears in the OT. Read Michael Heisers' book The Unseen Realm.

A up date on Michael Heiser, he is dealing with cancer and needs prayer.

exile
09-16-2021, 01:56 PM
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him."

Colossians 1:15-16 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
09-16-2021, 11:34 PM
"For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross."

Colossians 1:19-20 (E.S.V.)

exile

Bullet Caster
09-17-2021, 10:38 PM
Absolutely, without a doubt, Jesus is the Christ, Redeemer, and Savior. Four ways to look at it: 1) If it is true and you believe, you have gained eternity; 2) It it is true and you do not believe, you have lost everything; 3) If it is not true and you believe you have lost nothing; 4) If it is not true and you don't believe then you have lost nothing. So why not believe and gain eternity. Bullet Caster

1hole
09-19-2021, 12:14 PM
Yes, it's Sunday morning and I'm not in church like I should be but I'm NOT a total hypocrite so don't bash me. I'm in congestive heart failure and got out of a hospital yesterday after a week in one of their beds so I'm still too tired go anywhere but my wife IS there! :)

To simply "believe" Jesus is savior gets a lot of play but, in English, that really is to shallow too mean much. What the original words included carries the concepts of "trust in", "follow", "cling to", and "rely on" so simply saying I "believe" doesn't come close to covering the proper message. A LOT of hard working people within local churches only have a shallow "belief" in Jesus and have never submitted themselves to His Lordship.

Simply stated, if our version of John 3:16's "believe in Jesus" doesn't include making Him the Lord of our life, however imperfectly, then our religious beliefs are self delusional (Matt 7:21-23) and we are still doomed to eternal hell. AND, if we ever get so "good" we think we are worth being saved from hell outside of Jesus' perfect salvation we are still doomed (Eph 2:8-9).

exile
09-19-2021, 12:56 PM
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

John 14:6 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
10-23-2021, 03:15 PM
"he says:
'It is too light a thing that you should be my servant
to raise up the tribes of Jacob
and to bring back the preserved of Israel;
I will make you as a light for the nations,
that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.'"

Isaiah 49:6 (E.S.V.)

exile

badguybuster
10-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Jesus said "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven". HE pre-dates all Biblical knowledge and writings. ""In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD." Jesus IS the WORD made flesh
Jesus said "Before you were, I AM".

tankgunner59
10-23-2021, 05:49 PM
1hole, if I were you O wouldn't even reply to dtknowles in a thread like this. The only time he replies to threads on this subject is to stir someone up. He's not worth your time.
As for the OP's question. Jesus is absolutely the promised Messiah. How do I know? He has spoken to my heart many times and saved my life from my own decisions many times more than that.

1hole
10-24-2021, 10:15 AM
1hole, if I were you O wouldn't even reply to dtknowles in a thread like this. The only time he replies to threads on this subject is to stir someone up. He's not worth your time.

Thanks for the observation Tanker, I believe you're correct about his motives.

I would like to think he might eventually get himself straight with God but I'm no longer trying to help him, as such. Instead, it's my hope that I might help anyone else in this forum that Tim may be confusing about Christianity and his own rambling, illogical New Age/Pantheistic philosophies; that's some really bad juju for anyone.

God bless you and your's, and tank YOU for your service sir! ;)

William Yanda
10-24-2021, 10:22 AM
If not, Christianity is the biggest fraud EVER perpetuated on mankind. And as Paul suggested, if it is a fraud, what have we lost. I suspect all readers will agree that he began his career as a thorough sceptic.

Hickok
10-24-2021, 01:55 PM
Yes Jesus is Messiah/Christ. AND he is my Messiah/Christ, my kinsman Redeemer.

justindad
11-12-2021, 02:26 AM
Of course He is, and He speaks to me quite often. Kinda surprising because no one else does, and I’m not even a good person!

Combatmedic63
12-28-2021, 09:12 AM

Tim

To dtknowles:
My simple reply to your post:
Either accept Christ as your personal Savior and have your name permanently written in the Lamb's Book of Life or don't do it and wait for the end result. You will then have your definitive answer the moment you take your last breath. I will pray that you do accept Christ as your personal Savior because I don't want to see anyone suffer for eternity.

This is not a response to start another conversation, argument, disagreements nor to garner a response from you. The choice to believe what you want to believe is yours. I guarantee you will find out if all of your beliefs were correct or incorrect when you take your last breath. My Faith tells me that you will be proven incorrect.

1hole
12-28-2021, 10:56 AM
.....The choice to believe what you want to believe is yours. I guarantee you will find out if all of your beliefs were correct or incorrect when you take your last breath.

Amen.

Spiritual fact - truth - isn't something that can be established by counting ignorant voting. If that were not so then no fact could ever be totally correct, truth itself would be batted around forever on the tossed waves of murky human logic and desires. Satan is a lier, God is truth. Thankfully, truth remains true even when it has to stand alone.

A lot of people choose to disbelieve God. Many people also choose to believe the world is flat and even more believe socialism would lift all boats from poverty but ... none of what they honestly "believe" about those issues matters because none of what they believe is true.

Come quickly Lord Jesus!

exile
01-05-2022, 03:20 PM
"...Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."

1 Corinthians 1:24 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-10-2022, 03:38 PM
"I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture."

John 10:9 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
01-18-2022, 11:35 PM
"Now the point in what we are saying is this: we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, a minister in the holy places, in the true tent that the Lord set up, not man."

Hebrews 8:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
01-23-2022, 06:52 AM
As regards the original post, the evidence in hand demonstrates that the being we know as Jesus is the creator of our physical reality, setting the stage for His victory. His story is recorded in the heavens when viewed from this planet. The story of His victory is literally sculpted into the face of our planet. Temporal and spatial relationships of prophecy have been keyed to Jerusalem to provide testimony of Him. He intervenes in direct management of His creation. He is the living word and even when man is without the edited letter to us that we call the bible, the truth is manifest.
So, yes, He is.

Johnny Diamond
01-23-2022, 11:16 AM
There's a thousand times more evidence of the Jewish Jesus than there is of the Greek Homer but "intellectuals think" (?) Homer was real but Jesus is not.

Some intellectuals are quite smart and know Jesus was and is but most are mushroom dumm people who preach that He was not. They "prove" it by citing how many other dummies like themselves agree!

Spiritually blind people only prove to each other that there are none so blind as those who refuse to see! Looking for the answer? Psalm 53...... foolish people always know.

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Johnny Diamond
01-23-2022, 11:20 AM
My father (a heretic and a blasphemer) taught me you can't help someone who doesn't want help! And when I grew I discovered that you can only change yourself!

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Good Cheer
01-28-2022, 06:55 AM
Johnny, yeah, though I wouldn't attempt to sway him out of respect for him because he was my father, mine once snarled and told me I was delusional for being a Christian. There's little you can do with some but pray for them.

1hole
02-02-2022, 06:15 PM
Maybe. The evidence (of Jesus) is weak, mostly only what is recorded in the New Testament which might be a work of fiction,...

This is old but I just stumbled on it and must speak.

What? You tell us "the evidence of Jesus is weak" and he just "might be a work of fiction"?? Goodness, what dank intellectual hole do you live in? !

No individual has impacted the whole of human history AND individual lives for good as much as Jesus, the man/son of God, but you don't consider his huge earthly impact to be sufficient "evidence" that he even lived?

Giving you all due respect for that idea sir; Gag.

ebb
02-02-2022, 07:04 PM
Yes he is!!! And if you think all roads lead to Christ take your Toyota to a Ferrari dealership and insist that they do warrantee work on it. You do not get to decide which "roads" lead to Christ, he does.

ioon44
02-03-2022, 10:38 AM
Just maybe all roads do lead to Jesus Christ but what is your relationship with Him when you get there.

Will He say, come in good and faithful servant or depart from Me I never knew you.

ebb
02-03-2022, 06:56 PM
All roads do not lead to Christ, He said and i will paraphrase "No one gets to the Father except through Me." that in no uncertain terms tells me there is only one road to the Father. But that statement doesn't make yours any less the gospel truth also.

1hole
02-06-2022, 02:49 PM
I spent most of my working life in electronix along with space engineers. As you would expect, many of them were highly intelligent. I can assure you that many were dedicated Christians and I highly respected them but, sadly, most were atheists.

The funniest ones were self-proclaimed intellkectuals of course. They accepted the probable fact of some kind of god but most thought they had figured out a better god than my God; their home-made god(s) always allowed them to be "good enough" to gain some kind of vain glorious afterlife on their own merit.

All that was long ago. No doubt many of them are now truly dead and finally know how little God cares what they believe or "think".

sniper
02-06-2022, 10:41 PM
Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God.
HE is the only Savior, and was promised by Prophets thousands of years before His birth. He was sent, knowing what his ultimate fate would be. (John: 3:14 KJV) He lived a sinless life, and in Gethsemane and on the cross, took upon himself ALL the sins, infirmities, unhapiness and illnesses of all who had or ever would live on this Earth. (John 3:16-17 KJV)He was unjustly arrested, tried and convicted by an illegal Jewish "court", and finally ordered by a cowardly ruler to be crucified in exchange for a murderous criminal.
HE was nailed to the cross, and when he knew his sacrifice was accepted, surrendered HIS life, to overcome physical death that came to all mankind through Adam's transgression. (1Cor.15:20-23 KJV) On the third day, HE rose from the dead, guaranteeing a Resurrection for every one who had or would live on Earth. (Matthew 28:1-7 KJV) To see how the conniving priests tried to negate the news of the Resurrection, read (Mat. 28:11-15 KJV). But, some of the results of the Resurrection were documented (Mat. 27: 51-53) KJV) It is marvelous that we have the amount of information we have, because of the centuries between His life and today, and the many translations of the orginal documents!
Jesus Christ is our Savior. HE lives, and is our advocate with the Father, showing us how we may live with them in the eternities!

Thundarstick
02-07-2022, 06:12 AM
Amen and AMEN!

Good Cheer
02-07-2022, 01:28 PM
He says what He does and does what He says.
Makes it pretty hard to deny He's real.

a danl
04-13-2022, 05:17 PM

Timif you don't have the Spirit then you don't have God. God cannot lie, so you better believe God. you have no alternative

a danl
04-13-2022, 05:22 PM
Just maybe all roads do lead to Jesus Christ but what is your relationship with Him when you get there.

Will He say, come in good and faithful servant or depart from Me I never knew you.

yeah, all roads will lead you to Christ because we will all stand before him at the judgement seat and then He will either say enter good and faithful servant or depart from me you evil doer I never knew you.

exile
12-10-2023, 11:38 PM
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6 (E.S.V.)

exile

armoredman
12-11-2023, 01:55 AM

What do you think?

exile

Yes.

exile
12-11-2023, 07:17 AM
"But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me, one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days... And he shall stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they shall dwell secure, for now he shall be great to the ends of the earth. And he shall be their peace."

Micah 5:2,4-5 (E.S.V.)

exile

castmiester
12-11-2023, 08:16 AM
people in question, are people without faith. What is faith?

Ye are saved by Grace, through Faith, not of Yourselves, It's a Gift of God, Not of Works, Lest Any man should boast.

Saving Faith is only given by the power of God, and mans condition is helpless without Gods intervening...

Ephesians 2:1-3
King James Version
2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others

I was dead, was powered by the Devil, and behaved as such out side of Gods power. But He always had Salvation for me before the foundations of the world...

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Alabama358
12-11-2023, 04:41 PM
The only people to record the miraculous resurrection are a few of his Apostles who would benefit from the belief that their leader was such as the true Christ.

Tim

What benefit???
None of them made big $$$ as best selling authors
None of them had profitable YouTube channels
None of them made fortunes for speaking engagements
None of them had mega churches that they arrived to in luxury cars wearing 2,000 dollar suits and Rolex watches

For folks that need a bit of proof to supplement their faith.

Consider this...
The apostles were eye witnesses to Christ's crucifixion and IF they knew he did not rise from the tomb (making their teacher a fraud) Why prey tell would they continue on with his work to their own hurt and gruesome deaths. (Answer: because they were eye witnesses to his death, burial and resurrection)
Stated differently, what would it take for you to continue on as they did to the point of being burned alive, crucified upside down stabbed to death etc... my guess is I would have to have seen the Lord with my own eyes and touched the wounds of his hands and of course been filled with the Holy Spirit.

Peter and Paul
Both were martyred in Rome about 66 AD, during the persecution under Emperor Nero. Paul was beheaded. Peter was crucified upside down at his request since he did not feel worthy to die in the same manner as his Lord.

Andrew
He went to the "land of the man-eaters" in what is now the Soviet Union. Christians there claim him as the first to bring the gospel to their land. He also preached in Asia Minor, modern-day Turkey, and Greece, where he is said to have been crucified.

Thomas
He was probably most active in the area east of Syria. Tradition has him preaching as far east as India, where the ancient Marthoma Christians revere him as their founder. They claim that he died there when pierced through with the spears of four soldiers.

Philip
He possibly had a powerful ministry in Carthage in North Africa and Asia Minor, where he converted the wife of a Roman proconsul. In retaliation, the proconsul had Philip arrested and cruelly put to death.

Matthew
He was the tax collector, and writer of a Gospel ministered in Persia and Ethiopia. Some of the oldest reports say he was not martyred, while others say he was stabbed to death in Ethiopia.

Bartholomew
He had widespread missionary travels attributed to him by tradition: to India with Thomas and back to Armenia, Ethiopia, and Southern Arabia. There are various accounts of how he met his death as a martyr for the gospel.

James
He was the son of Alpheus and is one of at least three James referred to in the New Testament. There is some confusion as to which is which, but this James is reckoned to have ministered in Syria. The Jewish historian Josephus reported that he was stoned and then clubbed to death.

Simon, the Zealot
As the story goes, he ministered in Persia and was killed after refusing to sacrifice to the sun god.

Matthias
He was the apostle chosen to replace Judas. Tradition sends him to Syria with Andrew and to death by burning.

John
It is traditionally believed that John was the youngest of the apostles and survived all of them. He is said to have lived to old age, dying of natural causes at Ephesus sometime after AD 98, during the reign of Trajan, thus becoming the only apostle who did not die as a martyr.

It really doesn't seem like they profited much in the sense of Worldly gain!!! But spiritually... the Kingdom!

Electrod47
12-11-2023, 05:13 PM
"Is Jesus THE Christ?"

Yes...

alamogunr
12-11-2023, 05:23 PM
Jesus absolutely is the Christ. Many intellectuals choose to disbelieve because they think that will solidify their position as intellectuals.

Others have already posted most of the reasons I believe and have hope.

1I-Jack
12-11-2023, 08:40 PM
Is Jesus THE Christ? Yes

Txcowboy52
12-11-2023, 09:03 PM
Absolutely !! No doubt!

exile
12-11-2023, 09:42 PM
"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!' So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God."

Galatians 4:4-7 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-13-2023, 08:32 PM
"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Isaiah 7:14 (E.S.V.)

exile

.429&H110
12-13-2023, 09:28 PM
Our Christ gave us a Great Commission.
We are the only Bible some people will see
Only the Paraclete- the Holy Spirit- can open and change a hardened heart.
Scripture is no help if it is not read, dismissed.
"Do you want to go to Heaven?" makes people yawn.
The churches have hired some rotten people, made a stink to Heaven.
That also happened in the Old Testament.

What to do?
I say witness to your Salvation
Work for your church
Make sure your Pastor goes nowhere alone, he is a target.
Visit the old folks who used to go to church, meet them with a wheelchair.
Churches need money because we have to carry insurance to pay Satan's lawyers.
If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Yes, Jesus is THE Christ, our Redeemer. Christmas is coming, what will you do?

exile
12-14-2023, 03:20 PM
"And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. And the angel said to them, 'Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.'"

Luke 2:8-11 (E.S.V.)

exile

Alabama358
12-14-2023, 04:54 PM
Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Gobeyond
12-15-2023, 12:47 AM
Answered prayer, a purpose, love, completion of lost souls to wholeness says he is the the real Son of God. He fulfills prophecy and does exactly what he says He will do.

exile
12-17-2023, 07:32 PM
"'Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word, for my eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel.'"

Luke 2:29-32 (E.S.V.)

exile

Good Cheer
12-18-2023, 10:06 PM
He is the Christ yet His own people are against Him.
No wonder their city is going to be called Sodom and Egypt.

exile
12-20-2023, 03:04 AM
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Galatians 2:20 (NIV)

exile

Good Cheer
12-20-2023, 09:55 AM
Hmm, in the body.
The wife asked a question over breakfast; does or did the devil ever appear in a meat suit?
We're spirit beings temporarily in ordinary meat suits.
Christ made His pass through here in a made to order meat suit.
But does that old devil do it too? I don't know. But I'm going to have that question in mind.

.429&H110
12-20-2023, 12:15 PM
People can meet the devil?
I may have met the deceiver in person at a UMass spring concert.
Really. Old Nick inspires modern music. "Devil Came Down To Georgia""When You Wish Upon A Star".
That liar can do what he wants on earth, but not to me.
The devil certainly hates God's servants he'll trip them whenever he can.

And so we have our Jesus the Messiah and He left us His Word.
Ever notice that Handel's "Messiah" quotes the Song of Moses?
"...and He shall reign for ever and ever". Hallelujah!

exile
12-20-2023, 11:29 PM
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

2 Corinthians 5:17 (E.S.V.)

exile

exile
12-28-2023, 02:53 AM
"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'"

John 8:12 (E.S.V.)

exile