PDA

View Full Version : Rules for Grey Hair

William Yanda
07-20-2020, 03:05 PM
Last night I put my foot down. Since the advent of social distancing, etc. my wife has quit having her hair colored. After the haircut last week, it is almost grown out. One more haircut and it will be totally an attractive, sparkling grey. I was informed that the rules for grey hair are; 1) wear bigger earrings, and; 2) wear brighter lipstick. I told my wife that there was no way that I was going to comply with either of them!

navyvet
07-20-2020, 03:26 PM
1) wear bigger earrings, and; 2) wear brighter lipstick. I told my wife that there was no way that I was going to comply with either of them!
me neither

navyvet
07-20-2020, 03:29 PM
wait! What is this haircut thing you speak of?

Winger Ed.
07-20-2020, 04:41 PM
Shave your head, get a baseball hat and wear one of these T shirts.
You'll be good to go.

You won't need makeup, or expensive perfume.

poppy42
07-20-2020, 05:01 PM
I don’t know. My beard is a little on the Grayside I don’t care how gray gets I’m still not getting a bigger earring and wearing lipstick!! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it

elmacgyver0
07-20-2020, 05:20 PM
Just wear a baseball cap with a fake ponytail attached.

navyvet
07-20-2020, 05:37 PM
no need for a fake ponytail here.

elmacgyver0
07-20-2020, 05:44 PM
no need for a fake ponytail here.

You"re lucky.
My hair is too wild so I keep it short.
Would love to be able to have a Colombian ponytail like Steven Seagal.

mattw
07-20-2020, 06:07 PM
I have known grey most of my life... by 27 I was completely grey and then it started falling out faster... Now I wear a clown cut with nothing on top. In the winter my wife calls me homeless bum because I let it and my beard just grow.

Finster101
07-20-2020, 09:21 PM
wait! What is this haircut thing you speak of?

Agreed and I do wear 1 earring.

Daver7
07-20-2020, 10:22 PM
Thank god I don't have grey hair........... mine is silver, Ain't nothin cheap about me.

Chihuahua Floyd
07-20-2020, 10:57 PM
I passed grey a while back. Beard is white. Also 4 inches shorter than a few hours ago.
CF

Misery-Whip
07-21-2020, 01:18 AM
Wear em like a badge of honor fellas. Im mid 30s, just starting to get a few in my beard and in my hair. Finially starting to not be called a punk kid.

I hate being refered to as a millinial.

Stephen Cohen
07-21-2020, 06:20 AM
Thank god I don't have grey hair........... mine is silver, Ain't nothin cheap about me.

Mine is silver blue, looks a bit like cheap lead but that's my luck. Regards Stephen

RU shooter
07-21-2020, 06:29 AM
I'm the odd duck I got a grey beard red stash and semi balding brown hair still ain't got any grey on my head yet at 51 , hoping it all falls out before it turns grey .

PbHurler
07-21-2020, 06:52 AM
Wear em like a badge of honor fellas.

Darned right. We earned 'em, every single one. Shoot, I jumped grey & went straight to white in my beard!

Bookworm
07-21-2020, 06:57 AM
I once told my wife

"I didn't have any grey hair when I married you. You must be responsible for every one of them."

That went over well.....

Land Owner
07-21-2020, 06:58 AM
I hate being refered to as a millinial.

You don't have to own that. It can only bother you if you GAD about it in the first place and there are certainly other more important things to GAD about.

...so, which earrings and color lipstick are you going to pick?

ioon44
07-21-2020, 08:20 AM
My hair has been sliver gray for so long I can't remember it being any thing else.

bedbugbilly
07-21-2020, 10:46 AM
What?!?!?!?!!!!! Do you mean to say that women "color" their hair????? Hmmmm . . . . that finally explains how bride pf 48 years is still has great looking red hair while I'v gone grey!

I'm with you . . . . I'll never commit to wearing large earrings or bright lipstick . . . why should we when we possess a "natural beauty"? LOL

I will have to admit that every time I get my haircut, I look down and kind of wonder "where did all of that white/grey hair come from?"

blackthorn
07-21-2020, 11:13 AM
I have known grey most of my life... by 27 I was completely grey and then it started falling out faster... Now I wear a clown cut with nothing on top. In the winter my wife calls me homeless bum because I let it and my beard just grow.

Solar panel for a sex machine???

blackthorn
07-21-2020, 11:14 AM

Silver Fox??-- OR-- Aluminum Coyote??

Wolfer
07-21-2020, 06:21 PM
I’m 64. Not a lot of grey yet but not a lot of hair either. Beard is nearly white. I was in my late 20s before I could grow a full beard without holes in it. By mid 30s it was turning grey.
Haven’t got to the point of lipstick and big earrings yet.

MrWolf
07-21-2020, 09:18 PM
Last time I got my hair/beard done they told me the kids would kill to have my beard coloring. I have some dark left on cheeks and rest is a kinda silver white. Why would these kids want to look old? My gf cuts my hair now so it's her fault if I dont look good....

EDG
07-21-2020, 11:45 PM
I am doing the Jesus or Custer look. Not sure which but it did not work out well for either one of them.

45workhorse
07-22-2020, 01:22 AM
When I get my haircut and see all the white stuff, I just tell myself, dang I really need some dandruff shampoo!:bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:

gwpercle
07-22-2020, 09:50 AM
My brunette wife of 47 years also decided to stop coloring her hair and let nature take it's color course . She didn't like dying her hair but could never find the right time to stop ....untill the pandemic shutdown closed the beauty shop .
Upon re opening she went in and had the rest of the brunette hair re-colored to match the natural grey that was growing out ....when she got home ...low and behold I'm now married to this foxy Platinum Blonde !
I'm happy and think it looks awesome !!!
Gary

Slugster
07-22-2020, 10:48 AM
I earned my gray hairs. Every last one of them.

jsizemore
07-22-2020, 11:56 AM
The first time I noticed my hair had gone gray was in the barber chair. I asked him if there was a squirrel sitting on my head.

Texas by God
07-22-2020, 01:53 PM
Once a month my wife takes a 1/8" clipper and cuts me and my 90 year old fathers hair. After both haircuts, all the hair fits in a sandwich bag with room left over.....
I love being bald. AND I love that my wife is letting her silver grow out- another platinum blonde and just as beautiful as I've always told her she would be!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

samari46
07-25-2020, 01:57 AM
Well raising two daughters,having a wife and working shift work for 33 or so years will give grey hair to any man. Haven't had a hair cut since February and it shows. Bald on the top but the back is all grey. So wear an old boonie hat that keeps the sun off my head. I started getting grey hairs in my late 20's early 30's. And having male pattern baldness didn't help. And those spray cans of hair coloring are useless. I'd need a paint roller and a gallon of coloring. It is what it is and no sense fighting it. Last time I grew a full beard probably could have gotten a job as Santa Clause. When guys start calling you either pops or grandfather I have to laugh. Everyone of those grey hairs have been earned. Frank

shooterg
07-25-2020, 11:11 AM
Daughter came to live with me full time when she was 12 and I had brown hair. By the time she turned 14 I was the stone white I am today !

Since she has since supplied me with my now 9 yr. old grandboy, I'll call it even.

jonp
07-25-2020, 03:49 PM
I may be strange but I've always found grey hair on an attractive confident older women fetching. Been there, learned things and is not bashful with her opinion.

Texas by God
07-26-2020, 07:15 PM
I may be strange but I've always found grey hair on an attractive confident older women fetching. Been there, learned things and is not bashful with her opinion.Exactly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tryNto
07-26-2020, 07:34 PM
I agree full Grey looks very nice.
My wife calls it "Shiny Hair" she didn't care for Grey in her 50s, but now in her 60s she is fine with it.