PDA

View Full Version : 94 globe sight

Kirk Miller
11-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Can anyone suggest the proper height globe sight for a mod. 94 circa 1972. With the ramp front sight with the dove tail I don't know if there is a globe sight made that is low enough. I'd also like to replace the williams peep sight with one with target knobs. Any suggestions as to manufacturer and or #'s would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kirk

beagle
11-30-2008, 10:45 PM
It's not a globe but works on the M94. I measured the heigth of my M94 front and had a friend cut off an old blade front and silver solder a very small washer in place in a slot he hacksawed in it. I was using a Lyman 66A receiver sight and that was a good shooting combo and eliminated a lot of vertical stringing.

When I was through busting paper, I drifted it back out and replaced it with the original blade and rezeroed.

Depending on the sight and the attaching method of the adjustment knobs, a machinist can knock you out a pair that fit in whatever size you desire. I know most Lyman knobs ar pinned on with very small pins./beagle

Kirk Miller
11-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks Beagle
That helps but I relly would prefer the globe sight.
Kirk

Jon K
11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Kirk,

Williams FP-94/36-TK is the Target Knob rear. Lyman 17AHB(.404) Front Globe.

Is the ramp on your 94 a screw on or sweat on? Did you measure the height on the sight you have now?
The Williams FP should have enough adjustment to work with the Lyman 17 AHB, if you have a screw on front ramp, you can replace it with a Williams ramp of the desired height.

Jon

Kirk Miller
11-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Jon K
Those are exactly the numbers that I needed. And the ramp is sweat on.
Thanks
Kirk

John F.
12-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi, Kirk,

If you already have a Williams Foolproof (not 5D) in good shape, you can purchase just the target knobs individually as spare parts. If, for example, you only wanted elevation, not windage, you could buy just the elevation knob, or do both as you prefer. They are easy to install (even I could do it, and that's saying something!! :) ). I think I got mine from Midway and seems to me they were $6 or $7 apiece.

If you decide to go with a whole different sight, and you are looking for real precision adjustments, the older Lyman 66's (made of steel) do a great job, but they are not cheap when you find them.

Hope this helps,
John

Larry Gibson
12-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Williams makes a Fool Proof reciever sight with target knobs (FP-94/36-TK) for the M94. The lowest globe sight currently made is Lyman's 17AHB. Iputs the tip of the post .404" above the bottom of the dovetail. Redfield made one that was a few thousanths lower if you can find a used one. Both put the fronts isght about 15MOA higher than the factory front sight. I have used both the Redfield and the Lyman globe sights on 24" barreled M94s. They work out ok but I ended up making a post front sight that was cenetered in the factory hood. I use the Lyman 66A reciever sight on both of my M94s.

Larry Gibson