PDA

View Full Version : Any one used a Sig 22lr kit for a p220 ?

onelight
07-16-2020, 08:33 PM
I have avoided 22lr conversion kits but I ran on one that looks like new today for my p220 and it impulsed me before I could get away from the counter.
Any advice on ammo or instructions that might help it run for a first trip to the range ?
It looks to be sig branded has adjustable sights is threaded for a suppressor and has 2 mags.

Rich/WIS
07-17-2020, 09:15 AM
Don't have that kit but have used several on various 1911's over the years. Some were pickier than others on ammo but were a lot of fun to shoot. Still have a Kimber kit on a dedicated 1911 frame. Fun for new shooters and with a kit you get a lot of cheap trigger time that carries over to the original set up.

kayala
07-17-2020, 10:09 AM
I've had one and if I remember correctly it worked pretty good with any ammo I've tried.

rintinglen
07-17-2020, 11:16 AM
CCI mini mags are your friends, at least in my experience. My friend Jerry had one and that's what he used for cheap practice. They run nearly 100% of the time, bulk pack not so much.

roysha
07-17-2020, 11:18 AM
I have one for my P220 with 5 magazines. That allows me to load a box of ammo and waste it rather quickly.;-) It shoots ever SO MUCH better than the pod Mosquito which I owned just long enough to determine I could not get rid of it fast enough. My kit will shoot any HV and some SV ammo but likes the Wildcat the best.

Now if only I was capable of hitting something with it.

onelight
07-17-2020, 11:29 AM
Thanks when I take it to the range I will bring some CCI mini mags and some bulk Federal and winchester I prefer cheap if I have a choice 8-) ,and try in it and see what will work. I do like to shoot 22s:D

Norske
07-18-2020, 10:49 AM
My Kimber 22 conversion will attest to everything mentioned before. The only downside is the slide isn't locked back when the magazine is empty.