PDA

View Full Version : Would you drink this??????

abunaitoo
07-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Dihydrogen Monoxide
Would you drink something like this??????
It's classified as a solvent/cleaner in the laundry/cleaning industry.
Also used as a plant fertilizer.
Sounds scary.

Omega
07-15-2020, 03:44 PM
Dihydrogen Monoxide
Would you drink something like this??????
It's classified as a solvent/cleaner in the laundry/cleaning industry.
Also used as a plant fertilizer.
Sounds scary.I would, but first I would freeze it and pour some bourbon over it...you can never be too sure.

RoyEllis
07-15-2020, 03:46 PM
Don't care for it straight, but it makes nice clinking rocks to pour Glenlivet 21 single malt over.....

bangerjim
07-15-2020, 04:00 PM
Your body is ~70% DHMO. I guess all of us are poisonous?????????? (At least Democrats are.)

Dihydrogen Monoxide or DHMO

Common Name: water

DHMO Chemical Formula: H2O

Melting Point: 0 °C, 32 °F

Boiling Point: 100 °C, 212 °F

Density: 1000 kg/m3, liquid or 917 kg/m3, solid. Ice floats on water.

So, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'll spell it out for you: Dihydrogen monoxide is the chemical name for ordinary water.

It DOES go well frozen................with hooch!

Did you ever stop to think that if the good Lord did not cause ice to float in water (due to that miraculous change in density), we would all be extinct! Ice floating is what keeps fish warm in the winter. If it sank, most bodies of water would freeze solid in the winter from the bottom up!

And it is not even April's Fool's Day yet!!!!!!!!!

I think Abunaitoo needs to find a hobby............how about reloading!!!!!!! HA.....ha!

And I think I'll have a DHMO-spiked cocktail 'bout now.
banger

dverna
07-15-2020, 04:09 PM
One DOES NOT put ice or water in good scotch.

I have a buddy that puts Diet 7Up in Crown Royal...just a heathen.

Winger Ed.
07-15-2020, 04:44 PM
Hate to touch the stuff. Fish poop in it.

kenton
07-15-2020, 04:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w37KwFZArug

Archer

scattershot
07-15-2020, 04:51 PM
Sure. Sterilize it with Maker’s Mark, though. Can’t be too careful.

Nobade
07-15-2020, 06:10 PM
From the movie Idiocracy, "Water? You mean like in the toilet?"

dbosman
07-15-2020, 07:03 PM
The web site is a hoot. https://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

bangerjim
07-15-2020, 07:51 PM

I have over 48 different single malts in my collection. I have learned from research and studying, 3-4 drops of DI water in a 32 ml pour in a Glencarin glass (only!) opens up the nose and bouquet of a GOOD single malt scotch. Never ice. And I use a eye dropper! Amazing what a few drops of water does to the chemistry. Ice is good for mixed drinks and cocktails, not serious scotch studying.

Scrounge
07-15-2020, 08:39 PM
Hate to touch the stuff. Fish poop in it.

That ain't the way I heard it, but its politer than what I heard. WC Fields...

fatelk
07-15-2020, 11:15 PM
Historically it's the most deadly chemical known to man.

skeettx
07-15-2020, 11:19 PM
WHEW, it is VERY addicting,
Be VERY careful

Mike

edp2k
07-15-2020, 11:52 PM
DiHydrogen Oxide is very corrosive, and can kill you in solid, liquid, or gaseous forms.
I think pelosi should introduce a bill to ban it, or at least register all users of this dangerous chemical!

abunaitoo
07-16-2020, 04:30 AM
"I think Abunaitoo needs to find a hobby............how about reloading!!!!!!! HA.....ha!"

It's this darn chinese virus.
Hate wearing the stupid mask to go out.

GhostHawk
07-16-2020, 05:47 AM
Do the research, the due dilligence, find out exactly what you mean by H2O.

And yes I drink it every day. Prefered is the flavored "Frut" brand I find at Aldi's. Better tasting, no carbonation (That stuff'll kill ya) and about 1/4 the price of one of the stylish 6 packs of flavored water. Carried by Aldi's it is a staple of my existence.

But I won't drink Hydrogen Peroxide, although some do.

As to the other, I have a case of Evan Williams Bourbon in 3 liter bottles. Tastes IMO better than Jack or Jim my Grandpa's old buddies.
Took me 3 years to kill the first bottle. Right. now just trying to clean out the clutter in the alky cubboard. Devils Cut currently on tap. then a high end bottle of Jack and a Crown Royal in a bag to get rid of.

But I like the Even Williams. Many bars use it as their main bar brand bourbon. Order a bourbon without saying a name along with it and tis what you will end up with. Smoother than Jack I think with a classic bourbon flavor. Ohh and lower cost too.

WRideout
07-16-2020, 10:32 AM
DiHydrogen Oxide is very corrosive, and can kill you in solid, liquid, or gaseous forms.
I think pelosi should introduce a bill to ban it, or at least register all users of this dangerous chemical!

It's on the Prop 65 list in CA.

Wayne

bedbugbilly
07-16-2020, 10:42 AM
Very enlightening - love little tidbits like this!

After reading this, I can see why I didn't do well in chemistry class so many many years ago!

The saving grace is that I did understand the posts about bourbon and scotch - but those were things I learned the hard way and not in chemistry class! LOL

M-Tecs
07-16-2020, 10:54 AM
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/501907/14-year-old-who-convinced-people-ban-dihydrogen-monoxide

jimlj
07-16-2020, 06:17 PM
Sounds super scary. I think I'll have a drink to try it out. If I survive (and think about it), I'll post the results.
I take all kinds of chances though. I have been to Walmart without a face mask.

edp2k
07-16-2020, 08:32 PM
Everyone note:
Scientific testing has been performed on *every* covid-19 death, and dihydrogen oxide has been found in every instance!
Be very careful out there! It can kill you!

fatelk
07-16-2020, 10:27 PM
Do the research, the due dilligence, find out exactly what you mean by H2O.

And yes I drink it every day. Prefered is the flavored "Frut" brand I find at Aldi's. Better tasting, no carbonation (That stuff'll kill ya) and about 1/4 the price of one of the stylish 6 packs of flavored water. Carried by Aldi's it is a staple of my existence.

I never got into flavored water, but I know it's popular. It's clean, healthy water, with a hint of whatever flavor you personally find delicious.

My daughter got a puppy a while back, and he's about grown now. I've come to remember just how disgusting dogs can be, and what kind of fowl, nasty stuff they chew up and eat. It dawned on me one day that the previous description of flavored water is why dogs drink from the toilet. Nice cool water, with a hint of yummy flavor... :oops:

shaune509
07-17-2020, 07:38 PM
My HS chem teacher [1979] always said that H2O was wrong as the bonding is HOH and graded us likewise.
Shaune509

Randy Bohannon
07-19-2020, 01:58 PM
BangerJim know’s his Scotch.

DoubleAdobe
07-21-2020, 01:16 AM

I knew a fella that on purpose drank Bacardi rum in Diet Root Beer. I almost upchucked just typing it. All to say, there are monsters among us.

Wayne Smith
07-21-2020, 07:39 AM
How about ketchup in coffee? I knew a guy who did that.

abunaitoo
07-22-2020, 03:04 AM
Historically it's the most deadly chemical known to man.

I used to tell everyone who said that,
"It's not the water that will kill you, it's the lack of oxygen"
Just like.....
It's not the fall, it's the sudden stop"
:bigsmyl2:

LawrenceA
07-22-2020, 06:48 AM
For sure
Adam's Ale!