PDA

View Full Version : SAECO Powder Measure

winshooter
07-14-2020, 08:05 PM
I picked up some reloading equipment sight unseen from one of the online auction sights and got two SAECO powder measures.One has the micro setting drum assembly which I know how to operate but the other one though appears complete does not appear to have any way to adjust the throw. I've googled SAECO but only get information on the Micro-Setting powder measure. Is it incomplete or is there a way to make adjustments to throw charges?

Thanks

onelight
07-14-2020, 08:17 PM
If you can post a picture of it I bet someone here can tell you.

Pressman
07-14-2020, 09:56 PM
As the measure faces you there are two small set screw holes on the side of the drum. One should have an Allen screw in it, this is the setting lock screw, loosen it.

On the back, upper part of the frame, on the right there is a 1/4" hole, rotate the drum until a corresponding hole in the drum aligns with this hole, then insert a thin, flat blade screw driver and turn the internal screw to adjust the depth of the chamber. Re-tighten the set screw when finished.

Ken

winshooter
07-16-2020, 12:21 AM
Thanks Ken. I’m going to disassemble and clean first then throw and weigh a few charges. Looking forward to putting it back in service.

richhodg66
07-16-2020, 08:23 AM
As the measure faces you there are two small set screw holes on the side of the drum. One should have an Allen screw in it, this is the setting lock screw, loosen it.

On the back, upper part of the frame, on the right there is a 1/4" hole, rotate the drum until a corresponding hole in the drum aligns with this hole, then insert a thin, flat blade screw driver and turn the internal screw to adjust the depth of the chamber. Re-tighten the set screw when finished.

Ken

I've used one like this for years, good measure, but more trouble to adjust than most.