PDA

View Full Version : Time to let my 310 stuff go

Ilwil
07-12-2020, 10:06 PM
Years ago, i started accumulating die sets and handles as I found them at gun shows, thinking it would be fun to branch off into a new area of reloading. I was probably right too, but I didn't do anything with them, and now its time to let this stuff go. I need some help setting reasonable prices. I have seen references to 310 sub-sites within this web site, but I can't find them. This seems the likeliest place for guidance. I have large steel handles that are caliber marked, small aluminum handles, .38, .44, .44-40, .30-06 and .45-70 die sets. Any help will be appreciated.

THIS THREAD IS NOT AN OFFER TO SELL

Green Frog
07-13-2020, 11:53 AM
There is a stickie at the top of the Casting and Reloading Handtools page.

Asking prices are pretty much all over the landscape, and as such are pretty confusing. What I would do is go to the eBay auction site and do a search of sold items to see what they are actually selling for.

I can tell you that 45-70 set of dies with caliber marked steel handles will be your hottest item. Having bought a set off 44-40 dies recently, they are good ones too. There are lots of 38, 44, and 30-06 dies and sets out there, but they are popular calibers too... should be easy sellers if not as valuable.

Good luck with your sale!
Green Frog

Ilwil
07-13-2020, 01:53 PM
Thank you for your reply, it was very helpful.

Pressman
07-13-2020, 02:56 PM
eBay, love'em or hate'em. If you look there you will find price's all over the place. Most re-sellers seem to think 310 tools are hot and very collectible regardless of caliber. Though with careful reading you can get some idea of a fair price to you and the buyer.

As the esteemed frog person said, marked steel handles with complete die sets are the most desirable.

There are variations in design of the steel and aluminum handles that collectors have not picked up on, yet. Good pictures always help.

List your collection in Swap&Sell and see what happens, again you will have an idea of price as some sell and others do not.

Ken

Ilwil
07-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Pressman, I'll do that. Thanks for the good advice.