PDA

View Full Version : Had a great evening. Bonanza buffet open!

BigAlofPa.
07-11-2020, 10:53 PM
We went out to eat at Bonanza. It was nice to sit inside and eat, And not cook. The hostess said they been open awhile. Also walked it off when we got home. The dogs got some exercise too. I got some trigger time in. And gathered a lot of brass. Great evening. We been under a heat wave. Finally had a decent day temp wise.

Bogart
07-11-2020, 11:46 PM
You are very lucky, I loved my local bonanza. They had the best salad bar.

Alas they couldn't make it through this virus crap and had to close. At one time, years ago we had three of them in a 40 mile radius.

corbinace
07-12-2020, 02:55 AM
I am surprised any buffet type establishment is able to re-open, with all the extra regulations. Buffets always seemed like the low hanging fruit for anyone concerned about eating and implementing sanitation precautions.

richhodg66
07-12-2020, 03:28 AM
I didn't know Bonanza restaraunts were still around, hadn't seen one in years.

smithnframe
07-12-2020, 07:13 AM
I used to frequent the Bonanza in Coal Township when I lived in Shamokin! I forget the name of the hoagie shop there.........was it Mac's? I do remember the "King Kong" hoagie though!

dverna
07-12-2020, 07:39 AM
I cannot put the words "great evening" and "Bonanza" together and make sense of it...LOL

My last Bonanza experience was likely over 30 years ago and it was memorable for its mediocrity. Maybe I need to try them again.

richhodg66
07-12-2020, 08:28 AM
I am surprised any buffet type establishment is able to re-open, with all the extra regulations. Buffets always seemed like the low hanging fruit for anyone concerned about eating and implementing sanitation precautions.

I personally prefer buffet types of places and I fear they'll never really come back with this "new normal" of Corona Virus fear mongering.

We can pretty much go out to eat anywhere for the most part around here now, though most have seating limits. We haven't tried any of the buffet places since the quarantine ended, they may be different.

BigAlofPa.
07-12-2020, 09:14 AM
I used to frequent the Bonanza in Coal Township when I lived in Shamokin! I forget the name of the hoagie shop there.........was it Mac's? I do remember the "King Kong" hoagie though!

The closest Bonanza now is in New Columbia Pa. The Coal twp one is now a sports bar. It's called Bruisers. JR'S is near it they have subs. The sub shop across from Weis has 18 inch subs.

Idz
07-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Our little tyrant governor in New Mexico 'allowed' restaurants to re-open with all sorts of restrictions. The businesses used their few remaining resources to comply and now the little tyrant has revoked permission and issued new edicts to everybody. We had hoped since she appears out of the running for the dem VP she would leave us alone. Almost all the smaller restaurants are now completely broke and have no hope of surviving.

sparkyv
07-12-2020, 10:56 AM
I resemble that remark.

I didn't know Bonanza restaraunts were still around, hadn't seen one in years.

rockrat
07-12-2020, 04:38 PM
With reduced state tax revenue here, it seems like the state is raising fees for a lot of stuff and new fees too. Now, if you put in at a boat ramp on the river, they say sportsmens fees paid for the ramp, so everyone in the boat has to have a fishing license, even if you are just going to float the river. Same if you walk in state wildlife areas, you need to have a fishing or small game license.

RU shooter
07-12-2020, 07:30 PM
Don't remember ever having a Bonanza in our corner of Pa we had quite a few Pondersoa buffets but most all them are closed up in the last 5 years

richhodg66
07-12-2020, 08:15 PM
Don't remember ever having a Bonanza in our corner of Pa we had quite a few Pondersoa buffets but most all them are closed up in the last 5 years

Haven't seen one of those in a long time either.

There used to be a Western Sizzlin' in Salina. Golden Corrals seem to be the only thing in that class anymore around here.