PDA

View Full Version : help with 760 clip

nekshot
11-30-2008, 02:23 PM
I picked up a early 760 remington in 35 remington. It came with an aftermarket clip only. The clip barely snaps in place. I bought this from an old dealer friend and he gave me a original clip for a 6mm. This one works only a little better. Before I start home smithing on this thing does any one have any experience on these. The only one I had before you simply inserted the clip, gave a good smack on the bottom and it was good to go. These clips want to angle up into the reciever and you must pry them back down and really gently try to work them in place. Both clips feed perfect once in place, but I know something is not right on the entry.

Razor
11-30-2008, 04:27 PM
check Gunbroker..
They have'em

Sanchez
12-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Sounds like it's in need of a good fitting session.

Or, perhaps try Brownell's.
Several years back, I picked-up a very reasonable Rem factory clip for a fellow at work - & it fit perfectly

hornsurgeon
12-02-2008, 01:31 AM
i beleive the 760 should be the same as the 742/7400 without the bolt stop lever. remington used several different magazine latches in the receivers of those rifles. each was a different length to fit the clip provided with the rifle. most aftermarket extended release latches come as a kit with several different lenghts for this reason. try a few different clips until you find a good fit. also, it may take a little while for the clip/rifle to break into eachother.

nekshot
12-03-2008, 07:38 PM
thanks guys for your input. I took a dremel and file to the clips and relieved the upper notch a little and they are working alot better. This amish machine gun should really like cast bullets. Now to swag the barrel.