PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with the hensleygibbs.com website?

MFGordon
07-04-2020, 07:22 AM
The Hensley & Gibbs website has been down for about a week or so, with a notice that that URL name is available. In case anyone here hasn't seen it, that sight was a treasure trove of information and good stories for the cast bullet shooter that was worth revisiting frequently. Has anyone heard if it is going to be restored?

FISH4BUGS
07-04-2020, 07:56 AM
https://www.hensleygibbs.com/
Worked fine for me.
Sure you put in the right URL?

bedbugbilly
07-04-2020, 10:52 AM
FYI - I clicked on the link that FISH48BUSS posted and the site came right up.

lightman
07-04-2020, 11:44 AM
FYI - I clicked on the link that FISH48BUSS posted and the site came right up.

It also worked for me. It would be a shame to loose that site!

SSGOldfart
07-04-2020, 04:47 PM
Worked great for me???:awesome:

StuBach
07-06-2020, 08:46 PM
No issues here

Texasflyboy
08-03-2020, 09:04 PM
There was a blip in the Hensley & Gibbs universe when I woke up one fine morning this July to discover my host for the website had gone Tango Uniform with virtually zero notice. It took me a week to dig up the last backup and find a new host and get everything migrated over and all the problems sorted. The good news is I didn't lose anything, everything was backed up and migrated over perfectly. The other good news is I realized I had not updated the site in well over 5 years and decided to start making updates. By the end of this year there will be more info coming.

I don't like change. More than likely I am not going to touch the website format but only add content. I know its dated and hokey, but so am I.

Tom in VA.

FISH4BUGS
08-04-2020, 06:39 AM
I don't like change. More than likely I am not going to touch the website format but only add content. I know its dated and hokey, but so am I.
Tom in VA.
The content is what is important. I don't want to sound like I am sucking up to you, but what you provide is invaluable to many of us.
...and besides, I blame YOU for my Hensley & Gibbs addiction! :)
Thanks for your all your efforts.

StuBach
08-04-2020, 08:15 AM
There was a blip in the Hensley & Gibbs universe when I woke up one fine morning this July to discover my host for the website had gone Tango Uniform with virtually zero notice. It took me a week to dig up the last backup and find a new host and get everything migrated over and all the problems sorted. The good news is I didn't lose anything, everything was backed up and migrated over perfectly. The other good news is I realized I had not updated the site in well over 5 years and decided to start making updates. By the end of this year there will be more info coming.

Tom in VA.

Thank you for curating that info, it has been a great resource for me and many others and we really appreciate it.