PDA

View Full Version : primer pockets

11-29-2008, 01:26 PM
This may be old hat for everybody but me, but today I discovered an interesting thing. I've taken to cleaning brass with the lemon, dish soap, water solution. My discovery happened as I removed the primers from the soaked cases. Naturally the primer pockets were wet and a twirll of a Q-tip removed all the carbon from the primer pocket. No cutting type tool to remove the offending build-up, and hence, no chance of an enlarged primer pocket. Not an earth shaking revelation, but an easy, damage free way to clean those pockets.

missionary5155
11-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Greetings Tooth picks , match sticks, any little piece of wood does a good job without any damage also.

11-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Well, I've used all of those, too. They work fine. The cutter tools work fine, also, and I rarely ever damage any cases. Once in awhile, as I plod along, I twist one here, shave a breath of brass off there, and it never has made a big deal difference. I was just supprised to have it all just wipe away with a brush of a Q-tip. Cleaner & easier than if I had "worked" on it with a proper tool.