PDA

View Full Version : New toy

Iwsbull
06-28-2020, 12:55 AM
Glad to see a 44 special thread going now so I can get a few ideas to go on. I will say the guy I bought it from had tinkered with it and the cylinder free spins and the trigger is on thought control. I really do like the way it feels in my hand and it gives me a new project to tinker with.

contender1
06-28-2020, 09:02 AM
The .44 spl is one of those calibers that I often refer to as a "Red-headed stepchild" to others. To the folks who get to know them,, they often find out how good they actually are,, but if you never try,, you don't know what you are missing.

The .44 spl has always been a really good caliber,, but Elmer always wanted more power & such,, so the .44 mag. was designed. But if you truly study & use the .44 spl.,,,,, you will smile a LOT.
The free spin MIGHT be a factory thing on your gun, as Ruger has started offering that as a factory thing,, but a "thought controlled trigger" not factory.
The Bisley is a favorite of mine.
(contender,,, who owns a "few" .44 Spl. handguns!) :D

rintinglen
06-28-2020, 12:02 PM
I would like to have one of those myself. If it shoots as well as mine does, you'll be very happy. mine dotes on the Skeeter load and the NOE 432-232 WC over 4.5 red dot.

onelight
06-28-2020, 08:32 PM
Nice I hope you like yours as much as I do mine , I find the 44 Bisley very easy to shoot good groups with.

Iwsbull
06-28-2020, 10:31 PM
There was a half of a box of cowboy loads that came with it do not much shooting but I pick up a couple hundred new Starline cases Monday. I am looking forward to trying some Skeeter loads as well as finding some really light loads for the wife type person, though it may be hard to get her away from the 38 special.

DHDeal
06-29-2020, 04:18 AM
The cylinder indexing contraption was probably removed. A hole may be seen in the hammer trough below the firing pin. Quick easy way to free spin the cylinder in this model. I did it to mine as soon as I got mine home.