PDA

View Full Version : What’s happening here?

nagantino
06-25-2020, 07:26 AM
This is my Lee Pro 1000 last night. As you can see the carrier has separated into 2 parts. This is the second carrier I have fitted to the same machine. Lee sent me a free replacement a few years ago, which was nice, and now it’s happened again. My other LPK’s are working away in .38/357 and .45 though not to the same degree. I make a lot of 9mm but I did not expect a separation like this. It’s cheap to replace but has anyone any idea what might cause 2 separations within a few years?

skrapyard628
06-25-2020, 01:34 PM
Is there supposed to be any lubrication at that point? From the picture it looks like there isnt any sort of grease or oil. And its got a little "character" in the form of dust/dirt that seems to be getting built up around the part that broke.

I admit I dont know the intricacies of that press and what it needs as far as oil/lube/cleaning. But I would think that a little tiny bit of some grease and an occasional cleaning would help. Obviously keep the grease away from the primer feeding mechanism.

skrapyard628
06-25-2020, 01:34 PM
oops...double tap

TheDoctor
06-25-2020, 03:37 PM
Die adjusted down a smidge too far?

nagantino
06-25-2020, 04:07 PM
Die down too far maybe. The PRO 1000 exercises some force. I try to keep them corrected. The press is only lightly lubed.

onelight
06-28-2020, 11:59 PM
I have no clue .
I never had that happen , but I found out early on that the press likes to stay clean so every few sessions I cleaned and lubed mine , I also blew it out with an air hose at the end of every session it did not work well when dirty.
I hope you get her figured out. There are better presses but nothing close to the price will produce more good ammo.

abunaitoo
07-02-2020, 05:13 AM
Never had a problem like that.
My 1000 is almost trouble free.
Almost because the priming system has never worked reliably since new.
I just prime before loading.