PDA

View Full Version : fathers day supper for a king

Lloyd Smale
06-22-2020, 05:21 AM
wife made me back straps on the grill, shirmp scampi and fried potatoes and onions.

RKJ
06-22-2020, 09:20 AM
I made me a ham & Swiss on wheat. Yours sounds much better.

sparky45
06-22-2020, 09:32 AM
Burgers and dogs off the Kamado Grill; man I love that Grill, best I ever used.

dale2242
06-22-2020, 03:47 PM
A seafood extravaganza off the Pit Boss grill.
Shrimp, scallops, oysters, salmon and chicken kabobs.

Dieselhorses
06-22-2020, 03:59 PM
Jambalaya with Andouille sausage!

Scrounge
06-22-2020, 04:14 PM
wife made me back straps on the grill, shirmp scampi and fried potatoes and onions.

I went out and bought KFC fried chicken Saturday, had graham crackers and milk, and left-over chicken for Father's Day dinner. Kitchen sink and much of the countertop in there is still tore up. Did get a nice home-made card from my wife and son, and texted wishes for a happy day from my youngest. Could have been better, could have been worse.

big bore 99
06-22-2020, 04:19 PM
Had me a couple pepper and egg sandwiches.

clum553946
06-22-2020, 09:48 PM
Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes & a few btl’s of Stella! Had my daughter & grand daughter with me, Mimi paid the tab, so it was the best!

trails4u
06-22-2020, 10:33 PM
Fired up the smoker and threw some pork chops, chicken breasts and brats on. Sauteed some broccoli and the better half made some butter creamed potatoes and a blackberry cobbler. Yum.

Lloyd Smale
06-23-2020, 04:59 AM
i think ive been beat!
A seafood extravaganza off the Pit Boss grill.
Shrimp, scallops, oysters, salmon and chicken kabobs.

pworley1
06-23-2020, 06:54 AM
Ribs and all the fixin's with fresh key lime pie.

shtur
06-23-2020, 07:27 PM
Elk backstrap with Huckleberry pie afterwards, all with iced tea.

Lloyd Smale
06-25-2020, 05:06 AM
sounds great too but ill pass on the lime pie and take some of shtur's huckleberry instead. Better yet make mine a strawberry rhubarb pie!
Ribs and all the fixin's with fresh key lime pie.

rockrat
06-25-2020, 08:57 PM
Huckleberry pie is great, but a good key lime pie is good too. Would like it better if it used regular limes so it would be a stronger flavoring.
I really like lemon chess pie!!

SSGOldfart
06-25-2020, 09:02 PM
Fresh home made white bread ��. I ate so much warm we didn't need anything else.:sad:

DougGuy
06-25-2020, 11:21 PM
Heh.. I never have good Fathers Day. I put chicken legs on the Traeger grill, and it ran out of pellets about an hour in, my dumb *** looked in the hopper when I lit it off and didn't fill it up so I deserved it, pushed the pellets down on the auger and let it go but it got cold to the touch, I turned it off and back on and it really smoked up a storm when it restarted, as it dumps pellets into the fire box and I was talking to my son, who called and wished me a happy Father's Day, first time ever (long story) and I inadvertently turned it off and back on again so it got WAY too hot, burned the chicken, then I went in and made tater salad and the only relish I had was dill. Didn't see that until I had put it in there ugh......

We ate the slightly charred chicken, it wasn't that bad, and I managed to save the tater salad with some hot dog relish,,,

Next day, I boiled some shrimp in Swamp Fire seafood boil, chopped them and put them in the tater salad OMG!! DEEEEEEEEE LISSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHUS!!!!! This is a recipe worth repeating for sure!! If you never had spicy boiled shrimp in tater salad you have no idea what you are missing..

Happy Father's Day Lloyd and all other Dads...

2A-Jay
06-25-2020, 11:33 PM
Bone in Ribeye Steaks on the BBQ Baked Potatoes topped with Butter and Cream Style Corn and Wedge of Iceberg Lettuce with Wishbone Russian Dressing. And since my wife is lousy at the BBQ I had to do the honors for the steaks.

Lloyd Smale
06-28-2020, 05:39 AM
I love back straps on the grill but will admit a good ribeye is my favorite steak. Problem is today you about have to take out a second mortgage to buy a couple good steaks.

jonp
06-28-2020, 10:44 AM
I love back straps on the grill but will admit a good ribeye is my favorite steak. Problem is today you about have to take out a second mortgage to buy a couple good steaks.

Boy, isn't that the truth. I was looking at the price of steaks and couldn't believe it which is why our freezers are full of pork and chicken although a few Sundays ago we stumbled across some TBones in an IGA that were on sale near the expectation date for $3/lb and bought 6.