PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day gifts...

375supermag
06-21-2020, 08:52 AM
Hi...
Just wondering if anybody had given or got a shooting related gift for Father's Day this year.
My family was extremely generous to this older fellow this year and I am somewhat overwhelmed.
Generally they take me out to a local steakhouse for dinner and then a movie. This year we did the dinner thing and I was quite content with that considering the movie theatres are still closed in this area.

When we returned home from dinner, they presented me with a new bison leather shooting bag from Russell Leather. This is a very nice shooting bag and I am just overjoyed.
I don't particularly care for the typical ballistic nylon bags although I do use a couple, I much prefer a very nice leather bag that I have had for about 20 years.
This new shooting bag will be a nice complement to my other leather bag.

Has anybody else gifted or received a shooting related gift for Father's Day this year?

lightman
06-21-2020, 12:22 PM
Not shooting related but my Boys went in together and got me a heavy duty folding chair with a foot/leg rest. We attend a lot of ballgames and Skeet Tournaments for the Grandkids. Or we did before the virus, and hopefully we will again. My old back just don't like those backless bleacher seats!

Harter66
06-21-2020, 06:10 PM
Had Breakfast with my youngest son . I haven't spent an hour just he and I without a mission or some cloud over our shoulders in .......... Probably the last time we hunted . 15 yr ........ Heck of a thing for a guy 54 to say about his 30 yr old son . Nice morning actually have to work until midnight probably be a long night .

No shooting goodies this yr but we do have a date to do a little shooting soon .

LUCKYDAWG13
06-21-2020, 09:48 PM
Went shooting with my oldest daughter we had a good time

trails4u
06-21-2020, 11:08 PM
I spent the day with wife and daughter...… Cut the grass, drank a few beers and fired up the smoker. Cooked up some smoked pork chops, chicken breasts and brats. And had a few beers. Had the MIL over for dinner, as well as a dear friend from church whose own children were doing other things. Called my dad, and had a great conversation with him. Talked to both my sons, and had great conversations with each of them. It's been a Blessed day.

Wis Tom
06-21-2020, 11:15 PM
My wife bought me my favorite box of Drew Estate cigars, and she had also got me 2000 more SP 55grain 223 bullets, to help along the reloading. Local town had a drive through BBQ chicken pickup, that the family treated me to. Great day.

MrWolf
06-22-2020, 08:45 AM
Girlfriend made me steak and tater tots - my favorite. Son called last night and we spoke for an hour and a half. Come to think of it my daughter was very chatty in texts too. Nice day all around.

Markopolo
06-22-2020, 08:59 AM
me and my youngest child (23) hiked into a waterfall after a huge breakfast made by my wife.. i got some drone footage of the waterfall... but then it started raining of course...lol when you live in a rain forest, gotta expect that, but the drone has no rain coat.

EMC45
06-22-2020, 09:09 AM
Went to church then on to lunch at our favorite wing spot. Got a 50 count for the 5 of us & killed 'em. Went and got a Drew Estate Acid Blondie Maduro cigar and a can of Cornell and Diehl "Haunted Bookshop" at the tobacco shop across the parking lot. Smoked the cigar when I got home and then the wife and kids surprised me with an ice cream cake and some goodies. The wife got me a subscription to Handloader and Firearms News, a new pair of New Balance all terrain trail sneakers, some jerky and a few cans of boiled peanuts. They treated me like a King. I am a blessed man!