PDA

View Full Version : Midway USA customer service SUCKS

stubshaft
06-19-2020, 02:07 AM
I ordered a recoil spring for an AR-15 on the 5th of this month from Midway. They shipped the item using UPS Innovations (which is a joke in itself). The tracking number indicated it should be delivered on 6/13/202 by 2100 hrs. On the 15th UPS updated their tracking system and stated it was delivered to USPS in Honolulu on the 13th? USPS in Honolulu states they have not received the item as of today the 18th. Both state that I would have to contact the shipper?

NOW, Midway has their Customer Service lines on an automated message telling me how busy they are and that they will NOT be answering their phones. I've e-mailed them three times and have received a message that they would contact me in 24 hours. Didn't happen.

I would hazard a guess and say that they (midway) have laid off their CS staff to save money or reassigned them to other tasks.

Now I know that when I place an order the money is pulled from my account within ten minutes of the order. After which it seems you are on your own.

Needless to say they will not be getting any of my money until they get their act together. I would rather support a company that provides real customer service at a slightly higher fee than Midway.

abunaitoo
06-19-2020, 02:27 AM
Long ago I used to buy lots from midway.
Customer service was great.
Prices were great.
Shipping cost was low.
It was my first place to go for anything.
Then things started changing.
Shipping went up. ups only.
They would charge a $10 service fee to ship to hawaii.
Prices went up.
When the USPS flat rate came out (yes, I was ordering before that), they wouldn't use it.
I stopped buying from them.
I think they got greedy.
Forgot about the shooter who supported them.

Thundarstick
06-19-2020, 05:07 AM
During this SARS outbreak NOTHING is business as usual! I rairly get ANYTHING from ANYBODY on time anymore. Lots of places people are still working from home as well.
Far as Midway goes, I haven't ordered from them lately, but have never had a bad experience with them.

marlin39a
06-19-2020, 06:05 AM
I stopped using MidwayUSA over a year ago. I believe they changed hands. I stopped all emails from them, but still get printed flyers. Those go right to the trash.

oneofsix
06-19-2020, 07:58 AM
I recently ordered 2 padded slings, 2 basic slings and 2 sets of sling mounting hardware. They sent 2 packages, one of each item in each package. One of those padded envelopes would have held all of the stuff I ordered. Stupid.
And Mail Innovations stinks.
Not buying anything from them again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DocSavage
06-19-2020, 08:09 AM
I stopped using MidwayUSA over a year ago. I believe they changed hands. I stopped all emails from them, but still get printed flyers. Those go right to the trash.
Pretty certain if Midway was sold or a new CEO was elected there would have been a huge news flash across the industry.

EMC45
06-19-2020, 08:12 AM
Long ago I used to buy lots from midway.
Customer service was great.
Prices were great.
Shipping cost was low.
It was my first place to go for anything.
Then things started changing.
Shipping went up. ups only.
They would charge a $10 service fee to ship to hawaii.
Prices went up.
When the USPS flat rate came out (yes, I was ordering before that), they wouldn't use it.
I stopped buying from them.
I think they got greedy.
Forgot about the shooter who supported them.

Same boat here. I used to buy all kinds of stuff from them as well. They had my FFL (03) on file with them and they were always good about having deals and the lowest shipping out there. I heard it told the Larry Potterfield turned the company over to his kids.....The shipping became outrageous, prices went up, customer service went to pot and they stopped honoring my FFL.

Recently I ordered a set of Trijicon night sights for work. They got mangled during the install and they don't look like really good quality. I have called multiple times to ask about a replacement (still want the sights) and the phone is a recording. Not cool.

JRLesan
06-19-2020, 08:20 AM
Midway is just down the road from where I live but I haven't bought from them in years. When they first opened (backin the '80's I believe) shipping was free (or included in price) and they offered dealer prices to dealers. That all went away and their prices and service went up and down respectively. They still send out a 10% coupon once a year around my birthday but I just don't like them nor do I miss an opportunity to slam them. I've always been an admirer of Brownell's and you will be too once you've dealt with them...

Petrol & Powder
06-19-2020, 08:29 AM
I've never had a problem with Midway and just received a shipment from them yesterday.

When sending an email to a company, I have found it is most efficient to give them the information up front; don't send an open ended e-mail that says something like: call me or contact me. Give them the information about the problem, use their own internal identifiers when possible (their invoice number, their order number, their customer number, etc.), don't rely on them being able to match up your name or phone number to their record system.

Paul_R
06-19-2020, 08:29 AM
I agree Brownells does have great customer service but they also use UPS mail innovations, or the FedEx version of same. Both are rarely without problems. Given the option I usually choose USPS rather than a slow boat from China.

mozeppa
06-19-2020, 08:32 AM
brownells and numrichs is the same ....barrel from brownells is in stock ,yet takes 10 days to ship.

a very small pair of grips in numrichs stock = 8 weeks to ship.

they don't seem to be laying anyone off in the accounts receivables department.

richhodg66
06-19-2020, 08:46 AM
I quit using them about 2004 after a really idiotic customer service event from them, but they had been going down hill fast long before.

I remember when I was first getting into handloading on my own (pre-internet days) and used to get the little sales flyers in the mail with the "truck load sales". I'd scour those for stuff I needed and then call in an order, everything about that company was great then.

Now they just suck, plain and simple. Got to big for their own good, I believe. Graf's, Natchez, etc., too many better places to get stuff from now.

Froogal
06-19-2020, 09:22 AM
I have no problems with Midway. I placed an order on June 14th, and it was in my hands yesterday, the 18th.

trebor44
06-19-2020, 10:06 AM
Midway use to have a $30 minimum order for shipping. And yes the kids run the show. Shipping ANYTHING these days is a crap shoot. Definitely nice if you have a brick and mortar to shop at but sometimes you just don't get that instant gratification!

kayala
06-19-2020, 10:13 AM
Midway is usually my last resort; their mail innovations means that to east coast packages take at least 10 days, so why bother if from other vendors I can get it in 2-4 days and no it have nothing to do with kung-flu their shipping sucked long before that.

gpidaho
06-19-2020, 10:49 AM
I check prices and then order from MidSouth or Midway. Have had good service from both. Shipping can be a problem these days but too many people are chronic with impatience. If you need it tomorrow, order it last week. Gp

dannyd
06-19-2020, 10:58 AM
Just got two orders from Midway no shipping charge on one. like others have stated I use who has the best price. Been using Midway for over 35 years most of the time good service.

EMC45
06-19-2020, 10:58 AM
Midway is just down the road from where I live but I haven't bought from them in years. When they first opened (backin the '80's I believe) shipping was free (or included in price) and they offered dealer prices to dealers. That all went away and their prices and service went up and down respectively. They still send out a 10% coupon once a year around my birthday but I just don't like them nor do I miss an opportunity to slam them. I've always been an admirer of Brownell's and you will be too once you've dealt with them...

Been dealing with Brownells since 94-95. They have ALWAYS done me right.

bedbugbilly
06-19-2020, 11:23 AM
Over the years, I have ordered from Midway - never had any issues so never had to contact their CS department so can't speak to that.

With all that has been going on with the virus - I'm guessing that YOU have been in self-quarantine unless you work an "essential" job. The employees of any company are no different than you. While everybody has been cooped up the mail orders have shot up drastically. Those who work for shipping - UPS, FedEx, USPS all have been working hard just to keep up. My wife and I have placed orders with Amazon and even with their Prime Shipping which used to pretty much insure 1 or 2 day delivery has extended out noticeably but it is what it is.

As far as "shipping rates" go - hmmmm - everybody wow like "free shipping". You ordered a spring - but it still takes a shipping packet, labor to pack it and money to ship it - yet folks seem to think that a company can just "absorb" all of those costs along with their increases in overhead. Life doesn't work that way.

I'm not defending MidwayUSA in any way nor any other suppliers - but they have to keep their businesses solvent or else there will be nobody left where such supplies can be purchased. If a company has closed their customer service department during all of this mess, then they probably have a good reason - their employees are no different than any of us - they have families as well - no different than you or I. Is it an inconvenience for you . . . . sure it is but so is not being able to get your driver's license renewed, new plates, etc. because your State's DMV is closed.

On the other hand . . . . we have a postal service that is run by the government that has never been solvent and never will be as long as the government is involved. Postal prices keep going up everything you turn around. So for those that campaign about not getting "free shipping" - a company can do it but believe me, the price of the item will go up as will their profit margin on it in order to cover those costs. So when you go to the post office to mail a letter, a package or whatever - maybe you're mailing your income tax in or paying a bill - when they tell you what the postage will be, do you turn around and walk out and refuse to pay it? You pay it because you need to get it to the recipient and socket up. It's a two way street.

At least Midway has kept their doors open during all of this - so maybe it would be better if all the suppliers just closed until it is over and then folks would be crying because they couldn't get anything - and let's not forget those who are panic buying which causes folks to be even more ticked off when more and more items are marked "out of stock".

There is a lot of garbage going on right now and folks are getting mighty fed up with all of it - and all of those things don't help when it comes to "minor things" such as someone not getting back with a person right away . . . . the world isn't going to end because someone doesn't't get their delivery of priers or powder or gun parts right away. I called a company as I was interested in buying a used gun they had listed on their site - pretty much the same thing - please leave a message and we will get back with you. It was almost ten days before I got a call - but I understood the the people there have the same issues as anybody else. I asked my questions about the rifle I was interested in and ready to purchase on-line. I no sooner hung up with the gentleman and went to place my orders on-line and all of a sudden the rifle popped up as "no longer in stock". Yeh, I was disappointed as i really waned it but that's how life goes sometimes - it's not the end father world.

A little "patience" can be a big help during these times . . . . .

Froogal
06-19-2020, 11:40 AM
Complain about the cost of shipping if you want to, but how much does it cost to get in your car, drive 100 miles to a BassPro or Cabela's only to find out they do not have you want, and then drive all the way home, empty handed?

BigAlofPa.
06-19-2020, 12:31 PM
All my Midway orders have arrived within 3 days.

quilbilly
06-19-2020, 12:39 PM
I have an order for both shooting and fishing gear waiting for Midway to start taking phone orders again. The only reason am not ordering from Midsouth is that Midway has some fishing lures I can't find at any local retailers including BPS. I won't wait much longer so Midsouth will get my order for gas checks etc.

jsizemore
06-19-2020, 04:22 PM
Now you have to live chat with a customer service rep. Don't pause for longer than 30 seconds when it's your turn to respond or you get bumped. Shorter response gets you pigeon holed.

They sent me a metal bottle of Montana Xtreme Copper Killer in a metal bottle with a plastic cap. It was sent loose in a bubble lined envelope with some 410 wads and a bottle of bore solvent. I got a notice from the PO that I needed to stop by to talk to them. They said my package smelled like an explosive substance which is against their rules. Half the flap was unstuck and wet. I opened it and the Copper Killer bottle top was bent at 45 degrees and the cap split with a bunch of the contents gone. I explained to the PO that it was high concentration ammonia. I failed to mention the oil since the ammonia is so overpowering. I did the live internet chat and got bumped twice trying to explain my predicament. Almost happened a 3rd time when I explained old age and 2 finger typing. They sent me a second bottle that was dented just as bad rolling around in a bubble lined envelope but the cap was intact this time. I'm glad I kept some of the old glass bottle they originally came in.

They have gotten so big that they could care less about pride in their job and are only concerned about moving product like most big box stores nowadays. Just like shopping at Walmart, Best Buy, Dick's or Lowe's. Seems to be the business model wherever you go.

megasupermagnum
06-19-2020, 08:08 PM
I never had a problem with Midway. I've ordered form them for years. There was a time where all their prices were over the top, but they seem to have come to reality in the past couple years. Shipping is fine, never fast, but never a problem. It's usually 4-5 days for me. I've had to return some things, it was easy and painless. I even had a problem with a product, and was reimbursed the price.

daengmei
06-19-2020, 08:14 PM
I've had not one problem after many years. I should play MORE lottery I guess.

M-Tecs
06-19-2020, 08:26 PM
Normally before Covid 19 I ordered at least once a month from Midway and Brownells until the shutdown. Been doing this since the mid 80's. Had two issues with Brownells and one with Midway in all those years. In all three cases the customer service bent over backwards to make it right. Since the Covid 19 I haven't ordered from either but the other places I have ordered from are not up to their normal standards.

car16
06-19-2020, 08:49 PM
I feel lucky I ordered a die and it got here in 5 days

HangFireW8
06-19-2020, 08:56 PM
Been reading Midway rants since the 90's, nothing new except maybe the Hawaii and UPS Innovations angle... Agree there, any firm that ships UPSI is basically flipping off the customer.

But I also just got a closeout DiSanti holster from them last month during C19, no problems and arrived in reasonable time.

Jsm180
06-20-2020, 08:20 AM
Been dealing with Midway for years, never a problem. I never take the free shipping unless it is something I am not in a hurry for, or if it is sent UPS Sure Post I pay the upcharge to UPS and upgrade to UPS Ground. You have a choice at checkout with Midway to select shipping service.

Martin Luber
06-20-2020, 08:37 AM
They stopped shipping a lot of items based on their policy, not actual state law, so I don't do much business with them. However to their credit, they have most things no one else stocks.

Larry Gibson
06-20-2020, 09:00 AM
Maybe it's the OP living in Hawaii during the time of COVD-19 which has adversely affected about everything, especially shipping.

I have ordered a couple things from Midway during this COVD-19 time....shipping time has been slower than "normal" but the items arrived. It has become the "new normal" here for items ordered from anyone to many times arrive several days later than what the "tracking" says. Midway has nothing to do with the time it takes to ship.

Over the years i have ordered many items from Midway and always have gotten them.

Rick Hodges
06-20-2020, 11:12 AM
My order during the lockdown took 9 or 10 days to ship. They warned me of delays processing due to the lockdown. It arrived in great shape packed in a cardboard box loaded with enough bubble wrap and balloons to keep my grandkids entertained for half a day.

country gent
06-20-2020, 11:57 AM
On another note along with this. I ordered a tool grinder from grizzly industrial. It shipped no problem ( a $99.00 freight fee was added do to size and weight) When it got to the areas UPS distribution center it went on 1 day delay for 8 days sitting there. It was scanned every day by the tracking page. When I called I was told that it was waiting for room on a truck when it wouldnt restrict smaller packages. ( this is with a fee paid for the weight and size) Now its lost and cant be found.

I waited for several months for this item to become available. Now its lost and may be several moths before its available again.

One thing I have noticed with the covoid pandemic is it gives these services a ready made excuse for the poor service. Im not impressed with UPS here lately, the local driver is great delivering and aiding me but the other up to that point is going downhill fast.

It may not be the vendor but the shipper causing the issues.

pertnear
06-20-2020, 12:01 PM
I've always gotten great service from Midway, but I must add I've never had many issues. My last order, last month, was super fast! I always price check & MidwayUSA is not always the cheapest, but I consider their customer satisfaction policy note worthy. During this pandemic (or whatever it is) service everywhere on-line sucks.

elmacgyver0
06-20-2020, 12:08 PM
Isn't it wonderful we have all these companies to complain about?
If they all closed up and went out of business I guess we wouldn't have anything to complain about.

trebor44
06-20-2020, 12:52 PM
Mail order is a game of chance. Most of the time it is in your favor but when it involves multiple entities, it is like jumping out a plane. Your chances of survival go down with each jump!

stubshaft
06-20-2020, 02:07 PM
The issue is not necessarily the length of time it takes to receive this order. The main issue is that neither carrier will accept a claim or track the order without Midway's intervention and they have NOT responded to my repeated attempts to contact them.
Joe

Mr Peabody
06-20-2020, 10:02 PM
I've had good service from Midway. I sent back two items two weeks ago and had my credit card refunded shortly there after. I ordered again a week later and had the item in my hands 4 days later. I do agree their shipping can be high.

Shepherd2
06-21-2020, 08:27 AM
I placed an order with Natchez last Saturday. Fifteen minutes later I placed an order with Midway. The Natchez order arrived Thursday morning. An hour or so after the Midway order I got an email that it had shipped. Which meant Midway had printed a label and it would ship maybe Monday. Tuesday I was finally able to track the order. It was one of those ship UPS and hand off to USPS deals. Was supposed to arrive Saturday by 9PM. Didn't happen and when I tried to track the order it won't download on the UPS site. Just sits there and spins. Late in the week I tried to track it and all I could find out was that I had reached the carrier facility in Missouri and would arrive Saturday. Maybe it will arrive Monday. Maybe not.

First time I've ordered from Midway since January because of stuff like this. I'd understand if the shipping was free and the company was taking the most economical route but I paid similar shipping on both orders.

Idaho45guy
06-21-2020, 10:34 AM
This thread reminded me to check my dad's buddy's site for bullets and cases. Ordered another 200 9mm Winchester cases for $34 and 50 Hornady 150 grain .308 FMJ BTs for $14.50. Shipping was high at $13, but since I paid roughly half of retail locally, I considered it a good deal.

Several times I have gone to the Midway site and had items in my cart and found their shipping prices ridiculous and ended up going somewhere else.

kayala
06-29-2020, 10:58 PM
It’s funny I’ve purchased an item on Friday, paid $2 more to upgrade to regular USPS shipping and got package on Monday instead of min 10 days via “innovation” crap :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shepherd2
06-30-2020, 07:46 AM
The order I placed on June 13th finally showed up June 25th. I'll look into the upgrade since I'll order from Midway if I can't find what I want elsewhere. Does seem like bribery to get good service.

stubshaft
06-30-2020, 02:40 PM
Just to reiterate my situation with Midways Customer disService:

I ordered an item on the 5th of this month. The tracking number indicated it should arrive on the 13th (obviously it didn't). I attempted to call Midway and got a recording stating they were not answering their phones. I e-mailed them on 15th, and awaited their response which according to their website should take no more than 24 hours. I finally received a response on the 22nd from them. After a brief spat of e-mails I was told I would have to wait until the 28th to file a claim. When queried the CS agent stated that they have their own arbitrary schedule of when things should arrive? The 28th came and went without receiving my order. I sent another e-mail to Midway. The CS agent stated that they would be sending another package and it would be upgraded? to full UPS. I should receive it in 10 to 14 days!

Mal Paso
06-30-2020, 11:52 PM
I REALLY HATE the UPS/Fedex to USPS crap shoots but the worst was amazon. I think the amazon truck stopped to party over New Years with my new printer on the way from Florida. Then it bounced between the Carmel PO and San Jose for 3 days. I finally found out where it was, went there and took it away from them.

Idaho45guy
07-01-2020, 03:08 AM
I believe the "New Normal" includes rapidly deteriorating customer service and shipping from all major suppliers.

I applied for a customer service type job within my company as I'm burned out from working every weekend and every holiday on graveyard shift for the past 4 years.

Prior to coming to this company, I worked in customer service for 8 years with the #1 rated insurance company in the US for customer service. I submitted an excellent cover letter and impressive resume and the manager in charge of hiring was a friend of a friend who talked me up.

I thought it was in the bag.

I didn't get the job. I found out later that the hiring manager handed out the top ten finalists for the position to his team of 5 women, all under 30, for them to choose who they wanted. They chose a young guy with almost no experience because he sounded cute.

This is the world we live in. No longer are performance, experience, and wisdom valued.

We have become a nation of selfish, ignorant, shallow, and incompetent jerks.

thxmrgarand
07-01-2020, 01:16 PM
I have recently had outstanding customer service from Lyman and from Brownells.

Cosmic_Charlie
07-01-2020, 01:21 PM
Yeah, the free shipping is really slow. I ordered something second business day recently which I seldom do and it was three days late. Sent an email to them and they refunded the shipping cost. I mostly avoid purchasing there too.

farmbif
07-01-2020, 01:45 PM
I only order from them when they have blemished bullets at rock bottom prices or have dies in stock that other places do not have or moulds I want that are on clearance, have gotten boxes with bullets pouring out once or twice but I'd rather shop around for powder primers and other things I use.
it seems they have gotten so big they can't keep up with quality customer service or competitive prices to other online sources.

shortlegs
07-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Yeah I have had the same problems with midway cs not doing anything or answering questions. I Feel like Idaho45guy, but hey this"old white man"has a policy of giving it right back to them with bad reviews and filing complaints with the company. The more that do this, the more it cost the company( employees being paid to handle complaints). Yes I now shop around and usually find better prices and lower/free shipping from smaller businesses, and much better customer service. Speak with your wallet!!!!

444ttd
07-01-2020, 01:57 PM
i don't like to midway but i will if i can. the only name for me go to "box store" is graf's. i ordered a set of dies and brass last May and the delivery time was horrible(3 or 4 weeks) due to the corona virus shut down. i have used graf's this month and the delivery time was about 8 days. i use ehay sometimes and they are on the ball for shipping stuff, i figure 3 - 5 days on shipping. i use amazon rarely, so i don't do amazon prime. i don't remember the time i have used midsouth but they were ok to deal with.

ups and fed-ex are about 10-15 minutes away and to date, their service to delivered packages to my door is exemplary.

oldscool
07-02-2020, 01:22 AM
I usually wait for free shipping when I want to order from midway. If the stars are aligned right I may even find a few things I can use on sale. I always add a box of ammo to the order to insure that it comes by ups.
Only problem is, when I placed an order on Sunday, hardly any ammo was in stock and had to order a box of 22 cci shot shells to insure my brother would get his bd present before he leaves for vacation on Friday.
It was delivered today.

I always have had a delivery either the next day or day after when ups delivers. The sure post takes 4 to 7 days.

Never had problems with Midway.[smilie=s:

Jsm180
07-09-2020, 01:50 PM
Placed an order on 7/6 with free shipping, got the ship confirmation the same day and shipped SurePost. As soon as it was in the UPS system I upgraded to Ups ground on ups.com for $3.50. Brown truck delivered it today.

BigAlofPa.
07-09-2020, 02:22 PM
My Lyman press i ordered from them came on time. Only disappointment i had. Was they day after i ordered. They had free shipping on orders over 49.00. I emailed them about it. Asking for a possible refund on the a shipping. They said no. Some excuse about the weight. I had other stuff heavy come when they had the shipping special. A store credit would have been appreciated.

JerryCan
07-10-2020, 12:15 PM
Before internet, I loved their catalog that arrived monthly. I'd read it over and over finding new things to buy. Shipping was always reasonable and customer service fantast. Several years ago they just didn't have the best prices anymore, plus they really weren't as helpful. I use Brownells now, and have never been disappointed.

Elkins45
07-11-2020, 07:21 AM
I’ve been shopping with Midway since shortly after it became legal to mail reloading components again back in the 80s. I still generally check with them first when I order things and then compare with Brownell’s, Midsouth, Grafs, etc. The couple of times they have made a mistake they fixed it quickly and cheerfully. I think in the current frenzy it’s not unexpected for everything to take much longer than normal.

Someone here taught me how to defeat the mail “innovations” shipping. Just add a box of ammo to your order, even a single 50rd box of 22LR will do it. The PO can’t ship ammo so they have to use a common carrier for delivery.

Placed an order on 7/6 with free shipping, got the ship confirmation the same day and shipped SurePost. As soon as it was in the UPS system I upgraded to Ups ground on ups.com for $3.50. Brown truck delivered it today.

The UPS truck usually passes by my house on the way to the PO. There have been a couple of times he’s just delivered it on the way.

Idaho45guy
07-12-2020, 03:19 PM
I tried to use Midway yesterday for some new brass cases and bullets, but they were out of everything for .40 S&W. Guess I'll have to wait to see how bad they are these days.

barnabus
07-12-2020, 04:29 PM

same here...Lyin Larry gets nothing from me

Zingger
07-12-2020, 04:33 PM
To avoid the slow as heck shipping from Midway I typically throw a box of .22lr, 9mm or the like in to make sure it goes to UPS.

megasupermagnum
07-13-2020, 06:31 PM
same here...Lyin Larry gets nothing from me

What? I can't find anything about Midway being sold. Larry Potterfield is still listed as the founder and CEO of the company, not something that often maintains when sold. Larry is a great guy, who has likely done more for the shooting sports than any one of us here.

BTW, I just ordered from Midway Friday, and it came today. Nothing to complain about.

Idaho45guy
07-13-2020, 10:05 PM
Got a tip that Midway got in some bullets, so I went there and found a box of Hornady XTPs in .401 180gr, my favorite bullet for .40 S&W and 10mm. Box of 100 was $25.99. I paid $23.99 for a box at my local gun shop last week. Added it to my cart and went to check out and they wanted $11 to ship it. Nope! I still have a few months worth. They can keep their overpriced components.

megasupermagnum
07-13-2020, 11:06 PM
Got a tip that Midway got in some bullets, so I went there and found a box of Hornady XTPs in .401 180gr, my favorite bullet for .40 S&W and 10mm. Box of 100 was $25.99. I paid $23.99 for a box at my local gun shop last week. Added it to my cart and went to check out and they wanted $11 to ship it. Nope! I still have a few months worth. They can keep their overpriced components.

Wait for them to go on sale, add $30 extra bucks of stuff to the cart (or more bullets) to get the $49 free shipping, and bingo, you have $20 a box bullets with free shipping.

Mal Paso
07-14-2020, 06:39 PM
Anyone else get an apology from Midway? I just got an email from president Matt Fleming claiming an increase in volume and that they are hiring as fast as they can.

megasupermagnum
07-14-2020, 06:41 PM
Anyone else get an apology from Midway? I just got an email from president Matt Fleming claiming an increase in volume and that they are hiring as fast as they can.

Yes, I'm sure it's a mass email to all registered customers.

BigAlofPa.
07-14-2020, 06:44 PM
Yes i got the email too.

MrWolf
07-14-2020, 09:35 PM

Yup. Same here.

elmacgyver0
07-14-2020, 09:44 PM
At least they're not "Dicks".

kayala
07-14-2020, 09:53 PM
Guess someone from Midway stumbled on this thread :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PB234
07-15-2020, 04:41 AM
Between the virus and landslide of business we should all be happy that Midway can almost service the increased demand and even with the reduction in quality of service remains a dependable, if slower, vender.

BeeMan
07-30-2020, 03:45 PM
An order placed with Midway on Monday shipped same day via UPS Surepost. It arrived today. Sorry to hear of delays to others but I'm quite happy with this week's combined performance from Midway USA, UPS, and USPS.

Idaho45guy
07-30-2020, 06:48 PM
Wait for them to go on sale, add $30 extra bucks of stuff to the cart (or more bullets) to get the $49 free shipping, and bingo, you have $20 a box bullets with free shipping.

Got another alert from Midway for the free shipping deal and went to their site and tried to find $50 worth of stuff they had that I needed. Completely out of the Hornady XTP bullets now. I added some Starline brass for .450 Bushmaster for $33, then a Glock 33-round mag for $32. Cart said it was $9 for shipping. What? The Glock magazine wasn't eligible for the free shipping deal. Removed it and added some AR mags. Nope. Not eligible. wasted an hour looking for various items I wanted at a decent price and adding and removing them to my cart to discover that none were eligible for the free shipping. Forget it.

Midway plays games I don't have time for. $11 to ship a single box of bullets, but $9 to ship a bag of brass and a large magazine? The shipping rates seem completely arbitrary. I ended up going to CDNN and ordering a bunch of GI AR mags for the standard $9 shipping.

SSGOldfart
07-30-2020, 07:04 PM

I got the same thing yesterday. I placed another order and had my order email in minutes then the email saying they were getting my order together in less than 30 minutes I received an e-mail saying my order has shipped. Guess we'll see.I'm happy with the service I've had from MidwayUSA.

flint45
08-01-2020, 05:21 PM
Everybody has been swamped with orders and stuff is out of stock be a little patient. Midway has always done right by me .

Idaho45guy
08-02-2020, 04:26 AM
Went back to Midway searching for primers since I heard they had some in stock. They didn't. They sold out in 30 minutes!!

Anyway, saw they still had the 33-round Glock magazine in stock so I figured I'd better get one and ordered it. $5.75 shipping, which was OK, but the estimated delivery time is three weeks!

I ordered a gun part from Israel and it will be here in two weeks. Must be an internal issue with Midway.

Johnny S
08-02-2020, 06:06 AM
I've had great success with Midway and with Brownell's ....... I continue to order what I need and use the "free shipping" option when it becomes available.

rancher1913
08-02-2020, 08:04 AM
sooner or later the free shipping will only be delivered once a week instead of the whenever its on the truck. already fed ex wont deliver to the countryside on weekends even when you pay for overnight delivery.

Mal Paso
08-02-2020, 12:07 PM
Anyway, saw they still had the 33-round Glock magazine in stock so I figured I'd better get one and ordered it. $5.75 shipping, which was OK, but the estimated delivery time is three weeks!

Might be In Stock at the manufacturers. Lots of stuff is drop shipped and you may be subjected to the manufacturers delays. See what the return address says.

I placed an order Friday morning and Midway had it shipped in less than 1 1/2 hours. Shipped only means ready for pickup but it went out the same day. Seems to me like they are hustling!

MT Gianni
08-02-2020, 03:59 PM
I had two orders last month and both arrived in less than a week. For rural Montana that is great.

Tazman1602
12-29-2021, 11:18 PM
Bought stuff from Midway and Brownells both for close to 40 years and never had an issue with them — I do miss “Free Shipping” from back in the day though…

Art

Airborne Falcon
12-29-2021, 11:46 PM
Totally agree. The sentiment in this thread is rampant on all the gun forums.

megasupermagnum
12-30-2021, 02:03 AM
Bought stuff from Midway and Brownells both for close to 40 years and never had an issue with them — I do miss “Free Shipping” from back in the day though…

Art

More often than not they still have free shipping. Usually it's over a certain amount. It's $49 for Midway. I seem to recall $99 for Brownells. I still buy from Midway, I just placed an order yesterday. Like always, you have to watch for their sales, never buy from Midway at normal prices. When on sale, their stuff is usually as cheap as anywhere you find. I just bought a few different kinds of Sierra and Hornady bullets, a case trimmer, and some Hoppe's. Cheapest prices I could find for each, free shipping, and it's already half way here after only a day.

About the only bad thing you can say about them, besides that their standard pricing is a little high, is that not everything always qualifies towards their free shipping minimum. I've never had an issue with it. I had to return a bad trail camera last summer. Same as always, simple and easy customer service.

Outer Rondacker
12-30-2021, 08:57 AM
I just ordered 164 bucks worth from midway and they would not give me free shipping on items they stated free shipping. Whatever I NEEDED the items. Custome service no longer exists anywhere......

I have in the past had great transactions with them. I fear those days are over.

georgerkahn
12-30-2021, 09:32 AM
My one experience requiring Customer Service was my receipt of what appeared to be a 3/4-full box of jacketed bullets. No questions, need for photo of shorted box, return autghorization, or even what my grandmother may have had for breakfast sixteen days prior (typical annoying meaningless question vendors oft' ask ;)) followed, other than TWO apologies from lady on telephone. To wit, first apology being her not having any ideas as to what cause was; and, a second apology in their unable to simply send me the missing bullets. Instead, the very next day a FULL box of 100 will be headed my way!
YES -- they were delivered but a few days later -- and I STILL most pleasantly recall that experience!
Kudos to Midway Customer Service is my experience!
geo

gwpercle
12-30-2021, 09:45 AM
I just ordered 164 bucks worth from midway and they would not give me free shipping on items they stated free shipping. Whatever I NEEDED the items. Custome service no longer exists anywhere......

I have in the past had great transactions with them. I fear those days are over.

You know how to hurt them ... Do no business with them ,
Postings ... will alert the rest of us to their practices ,
Losse enough customers ... loose enough money and you will see a "Change In Attitude" !
With the interweb connections that exist and local brick and mortar business (that need supporting so we aren't left to one dealer who abuses us) you should be able to survive without Midway USA ...

Just do like that song by the "Miracles" ...
" My Mama told me , You better shop around ,(shop , shop ) Oh Yeah ...You better shop around (shop , shop) " !
Gary

Mal Paso
12-30-2021, 10:41 AM
I do shop around and Midway is getting most of my business even though I have paid for free shipping at Brownells. They have more in stock and better sale prices.

I bought a cheap mag loader from Midway which was smaller than the web page said. 14 gauge steel is well within my capabilities and I reformed it to fit the mag. I wrote a review to let people know that it did not work without serious modifications, not just bending the ears. I got an email from Midway a couple days later. They were refunding my $8, no need to send the product back.

They do turn free shipping on and off like a porch light. I got nicked $12 on my last order but got a free bottle of cleaner instead.

Outer Rondacker
12-30-2021, 02:20 PM
I had to pay for the shipping because they ran out of the free bottle and could not figure out how to get the free shipping to work without the bottle. So I got screwed twice. I have to admit I should of gone elsewhere but I have never seen 338 Jword bullets for 19.97 per 100 anywhere else. That is almost the cost of GC's. Sad to say I ordered this the day before Christmas and it has still not left the building.

There are no stores in my area.

Ithaca Gunner
12-30-2021, 08:41 PM
They have their ups and downs. It's not the same company it was in the 80's&90's for sure, but the last time I had a problem with an order, it was well taken care of. Some times when they have ''free'' shipping, you find quite a few items you WANT excluded from that. My days of just ordering from them are gone. I always check Brownells, Graf's, MidSouth, Titan, and BPI before committing to Midway. Last time I ordered LEE stuff, Titan was over 10% cheaper for the exact same order if I would have bought it from Midway, (and Titan had everything in stock, Midway did not).

megasupermagnum
12-31-2021, 12:44 AM
They have their ups and downs. It's not the same company it was in the 80's&90's for sure, but the last time I had a problem with an order, it was well taken care of. Some times when they have ''free'' shipping, you find quite a few items you WANT excluded from that. My days of just ordering from them are gone. I always check Brownells, Graf's, MidSouth, Titan, and BPI before committing to Midway. Last time I ordered LEE stuff, Titan was over 10% cheaper for the exact same order if I would have bought it from Midway, (and Titan had everything in stock, Midway did not).

One bizarre thing right now is that Midway's sale on Lee stuff is lower than listed. I'm not sure if that is a fluke or not. I paid $7.90 each for the Lee quick trim dies, even though it said something like $10.50 on the website. That's way less than I've ever seen them, and I always check Titan first. I should be set on dies now.

megasupermagnum
12-31-2021, 12:45 AM

Did you remember to apply the discount code?

Outer Rondacker
12-31-2021, 11:30 AM
oh ya. I have talked to Midway on the customer service line about it. Same old bs. They are experiencing heavy volume and will get my items shipped out asap. They gave me a code for free shipping on the next order over 49 dollars but its the same code they are currently offering to everyone on the site.

The shipping was claimed to be screwed up by the free bottle being out of stock of the rem oil.

Johnny S
12-31-2021, 12:06 PM
MidwayUSA has always treated me right .... even when we have had some reason to go beyond the "normal" process of "I order" and "they ship". Same with Brownell's. Adults working together like normal adults is all it takes.

megasupermagnum
01-01-2022, 04:53 AM
MidwayUSA has always treated me right .... even when we have had some reason to go beyond the "normal" process of "I order" and "they ship". Same with Brownell's. Adults working together like normal adults is all it takes.

I'm sure once in a while bad deals happen, like Outer Rondacker. For the most part though, if someone shops around to to all the main companies, I really don't understand how a person can be that angry with Midway. There's companies with truly horrible customer service, Midway isn't one. They are about as good as you can reasonably expect. Even in the case of the poster who started this thread complaining about a package that didn't arrive. His only valid complaint was that they did not respond to him in that timely a manner. He originally contacted them on a Friday, then 5 business days passed, and they responded the next Monday. So 5-6 days to respond, not that great, not horrible, and remember this was June 2020, basically the peak of Covid craziness, and panic buying. Beyond that, the problems he had were completely with the shipping company. Midway has no control over lost packages, or their claim policy. They could have sent something right away, but I don't think sending another package every time something doesn't arrive on the claimed shipping date is a good business idea.

So Midway has fair prices, often really good prices if you watch. They have good customer service, with rare exception. They have free shipping, but maybe it's easier if you are computer literate. Not everything qualifies for free shipping. All you have to do is on the left side check the "free shipping" box, and then it automatically sort for anything eligible. You sometimes have to apply the discount code. It's not that hard. Of course there's no such thing as "free" shipping. Any such company that does it incorporates it into their product pricing. The fact that Midway does it, and at the same time offers some of the lowest prices is unmatched that I have found, with only the minor inconvenience that you have to meet their criteria.

Outer Rondacker
01-01-2022, 09:57 AM
Oh I will continue to order with them. I have a cart full at the moment. Like I said no one twisted my arm to place the order knowing I had to pay for shipping even though it stated qualifies for free shipping right next to the item in the cart. My package was sent out yesterday. wowho

I dont hate Midway by any means but do think as a person with a oldtimer aditude that customer service could stand to take a step back and look at the additude they use. I blame to few hands to back sides growing up.

I need to figure out how to get less attention in this thread.

daengmei
01-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Never a bad order for more than 10 years and the only wrong item was my fault and the exchange went perfectly. Midway get my money.

lightman
01-01-2022, 02:11 PM
Over a lot of years I have been happy with Midway. They have had their ups and downs for sure but I'm still shopping there.

remy3424
01-01-2022, 02:38 PM
I'm sure once in a while bad deals happen, like Outer Rondacker. For the most part though, if someone shops around to to all the main companies, I really don't understand how a person can be that angry with Midway. There's companies with truly horrible customer service, Midway isn't one. They are about as good as you can reasonably expect. Even in the case of the poster who started this thread complaining about a package that didn't arrive. His only valid complaint was that they did not respond to him in that timely a manner. He originally contacted them on a Friday, then 5 business days passed, and they responded the next Monday. So 5-6 days to respond, not that great, not horrible, and remember this was June 2020, basically the peak of Covid craziness, and panic buying. Beyond that, the problems he had were completely with the shipping company. Midway has no control over lost packages, or their claim policy. They could have sent something right away, but I don't think sending another package every time something doesn't arrive on the claimed shipping date is a good business idea.

So Midway has fair prices, often really good prices if you watch. They have good customer service, with rare exception. They have free shipping, but maybe it's easier if you are computer literate. Not everything qualifies for free shipping. All you have to do is on the left side check the "free shipping" box, and then it automatically sort for anything eligible. You sometimes have to apply the discount code. It's not that hard. Of course there's no such thing as "free" shipping. Any such company that does it incorporates it into their product pricing. The fact that Midway does it, and at the same time offers some of the lowest prices is unmatched that I have found, with only the minor inconvenience that you have to meet their criteria.

Well written.

Never a complaint from me in over 20 years. The only issues I ever had was to do with their packing (large boxes of rifle bullets with plastic ammo boxes and not enough packing material), but they took care of the boxes without any issues.

barnabus
01-02-2022, 07:36 AM
there is always seem to be folks who defend lyin larry potterfield. the truth is he is a money hungry clown and his company just plain sucks. i stopped doing business with him 10 years ago. im also sick of people saying the pandemic is the reason for poor service. BS!!!!

megasupermagnum
01-03-2022, 03:06 AM
there is always seem to be folks who defend lyin larry potterfield. the truth is he is a money hungry clown and his company just plain sucks. i stopped doing business with him 10 years ago. im also sick of people saying the pandemic is the reason for poor service. BS!!!!

If you are going to talk **** about someone who isn't here to defend himself, you had better explain yourself. You can't just throw out insults like a 3 year old. Put up, or shut up.

TMB
01-03-2022, 10:38 AM
I have never had a problem with Midway and I have been ordering from them since before the internet.

Buzz Krumhunger
01-03-2022, 10:47 AM
I have never had a problem with Midway and I have been ordering from them since before the internet.

This. And I ordered so much by phone back then, I remember their phone number. 800 243-3220!

sparky45
01-03-2022, 10:52 AM
Titan gets ALL my business now because of prices, plain and simple. Midway USA shipping is rotten; they mail the order in good time, but the last two times I ordered the item(s) took over 6 shipping days to get to me, AND I live ~ 250 miles from their business. This shipping utilizing at least two shippers (UPS and USPS) causes delays and at least one disgruntled customer (ex).