PDA

View Full Version : Trying to source a Novak cut ramp front sight

429421Cowboy
06-17-2020, 06:25 PM
Title is the short of it. The long of it is that a couple of years back I bought a GP-100 .22 to replace my blasted MKIII, which is a 10 shot .22lr that is built on the GP-100 .357 frame with a half-lug barrel, I found a TALO distributor special that was in 4.2" rather than 5.5" barrel. They are pretty much setup like a bog-standard GP-100 except for the fact that they come with a Novak cut front sight rather than the usual detent replaceable front sight. It has a soulless green fiber optic sight on it now and I really would prefer a ramped front sight. The gun is getting a set of Altamont wood target stocks to replace the equally soulless rubber grips with wood panels, as soon as i get my act together and jump on a pair when they're in stock. I've watched them for 6months to come in stock, they finally did, i said "Ah, I'll buy them this week" and of course they went out of stock again in a matter of days and haven't came back again. So, I am basically trying to make my Ruger look a little more vintage Smith-like.
I haven't been able to come up with a source for a Novak cut ramped front sight, does anyone know of one?
Option 2 is to buy a Kensight Novak front sight blank for $20 and trim it up to look like I want.

Any better ideas from the brightest minds the internet gun community has to offer?

Mk42gunner
06-17-2020, 09:59 PM
Option 3: A piece of steel and a file.

Not real sure of the profile of your sight, but I have filed a few front sights out over the years usually when I had more time than money.

Robert