PDA

View Full Version : Lee APP and bullet sizing parts question.

mattw
06-17-2020, 05:38 PM
So, I picked up one of these... they are really neat! I have also ordered Al's bullet sizing bushing holder, since I have many of his bushings. The problem is getting the punch... Al does not make them and to get one from Lee it seems that you have to order their bushing as well. I have a few of the old push thru dies and a few of the push rods from them, they should work fine. But, the ones I do not have something close... where do we get the rods? Is anyone making them?

Cosmic_Charlie
06-17-2020, 07:32 PM
I got the sizing kit from NOE and it came with several punches. I think 30, 38 & 44.

RedlegEd
06-17-2020, 08:09 PM
So, I picked up one of these... they are really neat! I have also ordered Al's bullet sizing bushing holder, since I have many of his bushings. The problem is getting the punch... Al does not make them and to get one from Lee it seems that you have to order their bushing as well. I have a few of the old push thru dies and a few of the push rods from them, they should work fine. But, the ones I do not have something close... where do we get the rods? Is anyone making them?

Hi Matt,
You didn't look hard enough. I also have Al's Lee APP adapter and bushings. On page two, he lists the punches. As an example, here's the .45 punch. (https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop/sizing-tools/bushings/45cal-bushings/45cal-push-rod-45pr) That being said, if you want custom punches made, Chris (lathesmith) can also make them at a reasonable price. I had him make me some for my Lee push through sizers that were an extra .75" longer. Hope this helps.
Ed