PDA

View Full Version : made meat with the max in an H&R

part_timer
11-27-2008, 10:52 PM
went out this morning to sit in the cold for awhile. bout 9:00 I was getting ready to go to the truck when I saw a doe coming down the trail. I nelt down behind some brush and readied the rifle. 1, 2,3 does in the field. 4,5,6,7, does in the field. Where's the buck. 8,9 does who cares where the buck is BAM!!!!
First round was high on the shoulder, next round high on the shoulder, then I held a bit low and put it throgh the boiler. After field dressing and hanging I figured I better check the scope, low and behold it had been bumped somewhere along the line and was shooting 4" high at 50 yards.
I was shooting an rcbs 357-180-sil boolit (50-50 ww/lino) over 19gr of H110. first 2 broke the shoulder and made it into the chest but to high. The last one went through and through at 90 yards.

First deer with home made bolits
:drinks: :drinks:
thanks guys, your shaing your knowledge helped to make it pssible

MT Gianni
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Nice feeling isn't it, getting it done with homemade bullets. Congratulations. Gianni

missionary5155
11-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Good Morning CONGRADULATIONS on the deer ! Making your own and using them IS the best way a hunter can walk up to his downed critter.