PDA

View Full Version : The Lord has a sense of humor

DCP
06-13-2020, 09:57 AM
My brother calls me and wants his 410 bolt action we each got for Christmas almost 55 years ago. He wants it for home protection. All the things happening in the news you know.

I said sure

Now we live in the land of the FOID. He is a bleeding heart liberal.

I told him to be sure to bring his FOID. He can't even touch it and buy shells. Now he is not happy. The irony of this is humorous maybe 3-6 months wait on FOID. I told him to use wasp spray till it comes in

So what comes around goes around. The Lord has a sense of humor.

Bantou
06-13-2020, 02:03 PM
What is a FOID?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Der Gebirgsjager
06-13-2020, 02:16 PM
Firearms Owner's Identification Card?

Bantou
06-13-2020, 02:19 PM
We don’t have to worry about anything like that in Texas fortunately

Der Gebirgsjager
06-13-2020, 02:23 PM
You're rubbing it in, aren't you! :wink: We don't have them here either. :-D

corbinace
06-13-2020, 02:36 PM
Yet....

Bantou
06-13-2020, 02:54 PM
The day Texas starts down that road is the day I leave. Hopefully it never happens

Land Owner
06-13-2020, 03:06 PM
...and so, you ARE your Brother's keeper.

waksupi
06-13-2020, 05:26 PM
Many liberals have received the same enlightenment the past few months.

Ozark mike
06-13-2020, 05:27 PM
Here in Montana if they tried that there would be war idaho and Wyoming wont take to it either

shaune509
06-13-2020, 07:47 PM
But Washington does require ALL transfers to go thru an FFL with back ground check and waiting period.
We are 1/2 way there.
Shaune509

Ozark mike
06-13-2020, 07:54 PM
I was told after i had ventured thru wa that ammo and wepon have to be separated good thing i didnt go more than a few miles over the boarder

GhostHawk
06-13-2020, 09:06 PM
Ozark Mike neither will North Dakota.

Ozark mike
06-13-2020, 09:11 PM
I heard one of the dakotas maybe south dakota wasnt firearms friendly might be a bad rumor do you know anything about that

MrWolf
06-14-2020, 09:21 AM
Jersey requires a FOID. So glad I left that dump over three years ago and found my heaven.

abunaitoo
06-14-2020, 07:03 PM
When the chinese virus started, many idiots found out the same thing here.
Need to take a 2 day class.
Background check 14 days.
I've heard there were some who argued it was their right to own a firearm.
So the shop must sell them one.
Plus they closed down the firearms section for a month.
Hopefully it changes some thinking, but I'm not counting on it.

smithnframe
06-14-2020, 07:20 PM
Never heard of a FOID!

Ozark mike
06-14-2020, 07:23 PM
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nowhere does it say there that you have to play by govt rules to own a weapon.
What it does say is the people are responsible for there own freedom and should keep the govt in check.

Winger Ed.
06-14-2020, 07:49 PM
Hopefully it changes some thinking, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm not counting on it either.
Not with the 'I got mine, the heck with you' mentality we see so much of today.

Hickory
06-14-2020, 07:50 PM
What it does say is the people are responsible for there own freedom and should keep the govt in check.

We, Americans are at a point where freedom seems to be cheap and plentiful. But, when the well runs dry and there is no freedom left the crying time will come to all.
Freedom has a life time warranty, it expires with each generation and the next generation must maintain, rebuild and keep it in excellent working condition.
The next generation will inherit a poorly maintained, broken down apparatus called freedom that will never get a drop of oil or ever see a wrench until it grinds to a halt and is no more.
I can see it just like I saw the sun rise this morning.

Bantou
06-14-2020, 10:36 PM
We, Americans are at a point where freedom seems to be cheap and plentiful. But, when the well runs dry and there is no freedom left the crying time will come to all.
Freedom has a life time warranty, it expires with each generation and the next generation must maintain, rebuild and keep it in excellent working condition.
The next generation will inherit a poorly maintained, broken down apparatus called freedom that will never get a drop of oil or ever see a wrench until it grinds to a halt and is no more.
I can see it just like I saw the sun rise this morning.

I see it too and it terrifies me for my daughter. I’m ashamed to say that my generation (millennial) has a large part to play in that neglect. Most of us were too pampered and didn’t know the fear induced by leather clearing belt loops.

Ozark mike
06-14-2020, 10:44 PM
What leather i had to cut my own switch. Even experienced a cutoff water hose once or twice.
Thats probably why im so rough around the edges

jimlj
06-15-2020, 12:34 AM
Karma is a wonderful thing.

bedbugbilly
06-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Gee . . . . . I must be getting old as I don't understand???? Gun sales are up and you mean to tell me that there are actually some of the Leftist bleeding hearts that are getting guns as they are worried about their own safety? Maybe there ought to be some more gun laws passed that if you are a registered Democrat you cannot purchase for own a firearm . . . you know . . . Big Brother just looking out for the personal safety of the registered Dems so they don't have an opportunity to harm themselves . . . instead, they can just call 911 if they are in troublele . . . . oh, wait a minute .. . . . they want to "defund" the LE. Oh well . . . . .

Scrounge
06-15-2020, 11:17 AM
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Nowhere does it say there that you have to play by govt rules to own a weapon.

And that attitude will get your wife shot while she's holding your baby. You need to shut up and obey your masters! Keep your head down and your mouth shut! If you know what's good for you!

/S

I read it your way, too. Been PO'd at the NRA since about 1971 because they're way too silent on violations of the 2nd Amendment. Been mouthing off on it long enough I know I'm on a list somewhere, too.

waksupi
06-15-2020, 11:34 AM
I heard one of the dakotas maybe south dakota wasnt firearms friendly might be a bad rumor do you know anything about that

South Dakota is very firearm friendly

Bantou
06-15-2020, 01:00 PM
And that attitude will get your wife shot while she's holding your baby. You need to shut up and obey your masters! Keep your head down and your mouth shut! If you know what's good for you!

/S

I read it your way, too. Been PO'd at the NRA since about 1971 because they're way too silent on violations of the 2nd Amendment. Been mouthing off on it long enough I know I'm on a list somewhere, too.

With the current attitude in DC, I’m pretty sure we are all on a list or two

Ozark mike
06-15-2020, 01:37 PM
Probably have a list of gun forums right beside the top 100 most wanted list

DCP
06-15-2020, 08:53 PM
Looks like my brother is not alone!

The Illinois State Police (ISP) Firearm Services Bureau, which issues state Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) cards and performs the required firearms purchase background checks, received 17 new applications for FOID cards May 25, the date of Floyd’s death in Minneapolis. The next day, 1,742 applications were received. The numbers peaked June 2 when the bureau received 4,916 FOID card applications in a single day.

Winger Ed.
06-15-2020, 09:08 PM
Looks like my brother is not alone!
The numbers peaked June 2 when the bureau received 4,916 FOID card applications in a single day.

I should feel terrible for laughing at that.
And you know a bunch of them believed you can buy a gun faster than you can call a cab or order a pizza.

Then,,,,,,, Surprise !

Ozark mike
06-15-2020, 09:08 PM
Well there went the prices on ammo and whatnot

woodbutcher
06-15-2020, 11:43 PM
[smilie=s:F.O.I.D
Flaming
Old
Idiot
Democrats
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Thin Man
06-16-2020, 07:26 AM
My sister had the "I hate guns and the people who own them" attitude all of her life. She was divorced and living alone when a family of roughnecks moved into the house beside hers. She called me asking for help so I paid her a visit to get a look at the new neighbors. Yup, they were bad rough. She surprised me with the last request I never expected to hear from her - to borrow a handgun! I was generous in helping her and also cautious to never tease her about her decision. I wanted her to feel and be safe but not ashamed about her awakening. Six months later the neighbors moved on so all ended well.

DCP
06-16-2020, 08:17 AM
My sister had the "I hate guns and the people who own them" attitude all of her life. She was divorced and living alone when a family of roughnecks moved into the house beside hers. She called me asking for help so I paid her a visit to get a look at the new neighbors. Yup, they were bad rough. She surprised me with the last request I never expected to hear from her - to borrow a handgun! I was generous in helping her and also cautious to never tease her about her decision. I wanted her to feel and be safe but not ashamed about her awakening. Six months later the neighbors moved on so all ended well.

That is fantastic you let her borrow a handgun. I wish I could have but without FOID he can't even touch a gun.

Froogal
06-16-2020, 09:35 AM
It is amazing to me that so many people needed to be hit on the head with reality before attempting to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. I was maybe a little late to the game, but basically could see the handwriting on the wall several years ago when Hillary was on the campaign trail.

abunaitoo
06-16-2020, 02:56 PM

Has her attitude changed????
Or did she just think, I didn't need it after all, so no one should need them.

kylocdoc
06-16-2020, 09:10 PM
Don't know if the 20 somethings, will be able to hold what they've been giving.

Idaho45guy
06-17-2020, 07:41 AM
Had a coworker who is in his mid 20's ask me about handguns. This was a couple of years ago. I gave him advice and actually sold him one of my pistols, via payments over three months. Taught him how to shoot and operate the pistol safely and effectively and encouraged him to take a CCW course.

About a month ago, he called me up saying he needed ammo since he'd shot his all up practicing and didn't have any more and couldn't find any for sale. So I loaded him up a box of self-defense rounds.

A week or so ago, I see him posting on Facebook that he no longer supports Trump and is supporting BLM. When he asks for more ammo, I will tell him that I don't support domestic hate groups or their supporters. Idiot.

abunaitoo
06-17-2020, 09:33 PM
Had a coworker who is in his mid 20's ask me about handguns. This was a couple of years ago. I gave him advice and actually sold him one of my pistols, via payments over three months. Taught him how to shoot and operate the pistol safely and effectively and encouraged him to take a CCW course.

About a month ago, he called me up saying he needed ammo since he'd shot his all up practicing and didn't have any more and couldn't find any for sale. So I loaded him up a box of self-defense rounds.

A week or so ago, I see him posting on Facebook that he no longer supports Trump and is supporting BLM. When he asks for more ammo, I will tell him that I don't support domestic hate groups or their supporters. Idiot.

No good deed goes unpunished.
At least you tried.
Some people just don't understand.