PDA

View Full Version : National Metalic Tumbler.

2A-Jay
06-08-2020, 01:48 AM
I bought a National Metalic Case Tumbler at Midway. It will be delivered by UPS on Wednesday. It got good reviews. Capacity is 1,000 223/5,56 cases. Rubber lined, 4 hour timer. I will post pics and my first review on Wednesday. It is sure to beat my Harbor Freight dual drum Rock Tumbler. I got it with the Midway Birthday Discount $89 plus Shipping.

Conditor22
06-08-2020, 02:28 AM
It looked like a good deal. Let us know what you think about it

2A-Jay
06-08-2020, 02:44 AM
Wish it came with pins, but I already have about 6# of pins. and an FA Media separator . I also have an FA tumbler Lite. O can only do about 25 30-06 cases at a time and it is real noisy not being rubber lined.

avogunner
06-08-2020, 06:07 AM
I've had mine about 6 months now and am perfectly satisfied with it. As Jay mentioned, it didn't come with pins but I think Midway offers a package with the media and separators now. The "tumble" is a pretty quick RPM and even though it's rubber lined there is some noise (nothing like a full vibrating tumbler though). My only criticism so far, and a minor one, is I wish it had a screened lid like the Frankfort Arsenal one....that would make rinsing a bit easier. I've got a work around but I think that lid would be a bit more convenient.
Semper Fi.

2A-Jay
06-10-2020, 10:47 PM
Mine showed up this afternoon a day and a half before it was originally promised. It is in the garage/reloading room with 250 45acp cases, a dash of Lemishine, and 5 pounds of pins. After it is done, into the FA Media Separator and into the Dehydrator to dry.

2A-Jay
06-11-2020, 12:23 PM
A Straining lid would make a good accessory indeed.

salpal48
06-11-2020, 12:28 PM
Let Us Know how You make Out after a Year Of use.

2A-Jay
06-20-2020, 02:38 PM
I ended up ordering the National Metalic Media Separator kit to go with the NM Tumbler. It was $19 plus change delivered. Fits in the top of a 5 gallon Plastic Bucket. Ran 500 .40S&W cases this morning. dumped the cases and media in the top pan of the separator pins and media fell through to the strainer screen water in the bucket. Took a little shaking of the top pan to get all the pins out of those Small cases. Cases drying in the Dehydrator now.

TheDoctor
06-25-2020, 09:45 AM
Never heard of it. But what I read, and the 2 ytube videos that exist, I decided to order one. Need something that can do mid sized batches, and this looks like it would fit the bill. Going to run mine with chips and see how that works, have a lot of them.