PDA

View Full Version : RCBS dial o grain scales tune up

country gent
06-07-2020, 08:46 PM
I have a rcbs Dail o grain scales I want to tune up shortly. Would like to replace the 4 aggregate bearings with new ones. Son in law dropped it and 1 is missing. Is there any where I can get them or the material to make them. Wondering it tungsten carbide would work, be a pain to machine but I have it available.

Im also planning on making a balance type scales that uses check weights on one side and pan on the other. This is a project just for grins and giggles.

Finding the bearing material pr bearings is the big thing. Not nearly as much with the second as I can make the mounts or them to fit what I have. I believe the carbide will work fairly well and I have several 6" strips on the way

All opinions and ideas are welcomed and appreciated

M-Tecs
06-07-2020, 09:35 PM
This guy does turn ups and I believe he has parts. I only have a Facebook link. https://www.facebook.com/Single-Kernel-Scales-266037570185688/

It does list a phone # (661) 364-1199

I did get one on ebay. The Dial-O-Grain are normally a couple of hundred dollars. The Dial-O-Gram is much cheaper. I paid $22.00 for a rough one just for the bearings.

Three of them currently listed for under $25 dollars. One is a buy it now for $22.49. Message the seller and see if he will remove the bearings and reduce the shipping.