PDA

View Full Version : Quick load and tablets

just bill
06-04-2020, 11:34 PM
Has anyone successful loaded Quickloads on a tablet? If so how and what brand of tablet.
Just curious?
Bill

sureYnot
06-05-2020, 12:01 AM
You would need a virtual cd drive and run an ISO or similar. The software is made in Germany and is subject to their laws. By their laws, it is considered an ITAR item and is required to require a physical disc to run. There are ways around that, but the details won't be spoken of here.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

just bill
06-06-2020, 07:45 AM
Wow to technical! I'll just get a small laptop.
Thanks.

dragon813gt
06-06-2020, 08:42 AM
You don’t need the disc to run the program. It’s installed and run off the hard drive like any other program. Any tablet that runs off Windows will work. They currently have the Surface line of tablets. Im more interested in the foldable tablets that are about to be released. Not that I use QL at the range. But the foldable tablets would make a small convenient package to do so. Quickload is native to Windows OS only.

sureYnot
06-06-2020, 10:00 AM
You don’t need the disc to run the program. It’s installed and run off the hard drive like any other program. Any tablet that runs off Windows will work. They currently have the Surface line of tablets. Im more interested in the foldable tablets that are about to be released. Not that I use QL at the range. But the foldable tablets would make a small convenient package to do so. Quickload is native to Windows OS only.Hmmm. My copy got all bent out of shape because it didn't detect a disc. Ended up having to mount .iso with daemon tools.

DougGuy
06-06-2020, 10:08 AM
Hmmm. My copy got all bent out of shape because it didn't detect a disc. Ended up having to mount .iso with daemon tools.

If you have more than one drive, and your cdrom isn't D: it will throw QL off and you get that error about installing from a disc or whatever it is, I had to rearrange drives in one machine so that the installer "found" the QL cd. I don't know exactly how or which drive letter QL looks for when it installs, err tries to, but if you keep changing drives or changing the order, it will eventually work.

sureYnot
06-06-2020, 10:35 AM
If you have more than one drive, and your cdrom isn't D: it will throw QL off and you get that error about installing from a disc or whatever it is, I had to rearrange drives in one machine so that the installer "found" the QL cd. I don't know exactly how or which drive letter QL looks for when it installs, err tries to, but if you keep changing drives or changing the order, it will eventually work.I'm not using a disc. I have an ISO mounted on a virtual drive so it THINKS the disc is there. I'm curious how dragon is running it without a disc and no such workaround as the program is designed to only work with a disc in a drive.

DougGuy
06-06-2020, 11:06 AM
I'm not using a disc. I have an ISO mounted on a virtual drive so it THINKS the disc is there. I'm curious how dragon is running it without a disc and no such workaround as the program is designed to only work with a disc in a drive.

It's only designed to be installed from disc. It won't install if you copy it over to hard drive then attempt to install. After install it runs happily from hard drive.

dragon813gt
06-06-2020, 11:44 AM
as the program is designed to only work with a disc in a drive.

No it’s not. The program installs from the disc like every other program. All the normal install prompts come up during the install process. My physical copy has been sitting in my safe since shortly after I installed it.

sureYnot
06-06-2020, 01:11 PM
No it’s not. The program installs from the disc like every other program. All the normal install prompts come up during the install process. My physical copy has been sitting in my safe since shortly after I installed it.I'll be damned... According to German law, it's supposed to be that way. My copy is. I don't have the latest version though.