PDA

View Full Version : Base castings

Bloodman14
06-02-2020, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a few of the ORIGINAL cast bases to the Lee turret presses, the red ones? I am rebuilding my presses after umpteen years of use, and the ones I have are a bit worn. Have already made a set of bronze bushings for one, and may have to do the others. Thanks, guys.

Winger Ed.
06-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Call Lee.
Sometimes manufacturers have odds & ends 'in the back', but not enough to go to the trouble of marketing.
Sometimes they'll sell them on the cheap if you call & ask.

Bloodman14
06-03-2020, 01:33 AM
I did send them an e-mail about this, but that's a good idea. Thanks.

Eddie17
06-07-2020, 04:04 PM
I’d like to know also, as my Lee Pro 1000 has developed a lot of slop, leading to misalignment of the shell case on decapping.

Bloodman14
06-07-2020, 11:15 PM
I have made a set of bronze bushings for one of mine, and am setting up to make some for my other 2 presses out of 360 brass. Any interest from the members here for a set? I would need you to send me your base castings and the ram.

fcvan
06-17-2020, 07:54 PM
When Lee was getting away from the older turret press I bought a replacement base and a roller handle upgrade. They also had a Turret Press close-out for $50 so I bought a second one for my other house. Recently, due to a death in the family, he was gifted a practically unused Turret and a bunch of dies from his former father in law. He's an RCBS guy so I'm pretty sure his grandson will get it when he gets out of his training program.