PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Pro Melt question

ddeaton
11-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I just got my pot and am putting it together. Which side do I set the handle on if I am right handed? I guess its personal preference, but what do most of you do?
Thanks, I am going to try casting tomorrow morning.

Le Loup Solitaire
11-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Hi, The Pro-Melt comes from RCBS set up for the right-handed caster, with the valve handle on the right side of the pot. I'm a lefty, but learned to cast right handed from the beginning so I just let my Pro-melt remain the way it came out of the box. Of course having the option allows one to do it either way, but sometimes its just easier to go the simpler way of not having to unlearn a thing and then have to learn it a different way. LLS

ddeaton
11-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Mine came unassembled. With no mention as to which side to put the handle on for right or left hand persons

454PB
11-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Another lefty here. With a bottom pour, I like to hold the mould in my left hand, so I naturally prefer the operating handle on the right. However, when I ladle cast I hold the ladle in my left hand.

We lefties are all screwed up!

cajun shooter
11-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Right handed person who holds mold in left and moves lever with right on Pro-Melt

ddeaton
11-27-2008, 10:17 AM
thanks guys, I put the lever on the right.

klw
11-28-2008, 12:29 PM
One thing to note about these. After about 15 years mine quit so I called RCBS and asked if they repaired old furnaces. They do. Came back good as new. Cost about $80 plus shipping.