PDA

View Full Version : Gerald..................A praise

Boaz
05-23-2020, 12:04 PM
It's been about a year I suppose that I put up a prayer request for Gerald . He worked part time for me for 8 years . Always on time , rarely took off and did good work . He had a massive stroke , Gerald is I think 56 years old . I'll try to keep this short but a lot happened . He was care flighted to Dallas three times with little hope given to his wife and children that he would survive .

Top of his scull was removed to relieve pressure on his brain , he on his own couldn't breathe , eat or talk . He was finally placed in a nursing home , it's my personal opinion they thought he would die . A lot of problems , a lot of suffering for both him and his family .

I maintained in contact with them , there was little I could do but encourage . I'll skip ahead to this morning when I called to check on him . His wife had moved him back home . He can eat and breathe on his own . He is getting home therapy and can walk to the bathroom by himself using a brace on his left leg . Though slurred he can think and speak now . Him and his family have fought to get this far .

GOD has sustained him and the family . The outlook is positive for him to improve to be the best he can be physically . I praise our Lord for his mercy !

His wife said they are ALL going to church tomorrow . Gerald has come a long way . I ask for prayer once again for him and his family . Thank you .

popper
05-23-2020, 12:10 PM
Your title says it all.

GhostHawk
05-23-2020, 09:22 PM
Praise him with great praise indeed!

Hogtamer
05-23-2020, 09:35 PM
Yes I remember and thank you for keeping in touch with them. Will pray again for Gerald and the family.

Thundarstick
05-23-2020, 09:41 PM
Praise God for his great love!

Preacher Jim
05-23-2020, 09:54 PM
Praise the Lord love to see God at work

augercreek
05-24-2020, 06:03 AM
May Gods' peace be with them this day. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Pine Baron
05-24-2020, 07:07 AM
Thanks for this update Boaz. So good to hear that Gerald is home. My God's blessings be with him and his family. Praise God indeed.

Markopolo
05-24-2020, 09:38 AM
wow Charlie... i remember us praying for him a while back.. this is awesome news

USMC87
05-24-2020, 09:50 AM
Amen, All things are possible with God!

buckwheatpaul
05-24-2020, 10:32 AM
A great post and a great testimony to our GOD who is always with us and loves us!

WRideout
05-28-2020, 05:04 PM
Good to hear about this miracle. Thanks for letting us know.

Wayne

Blackwater
06-02-2020, 05:16 PM
May God's grace and mercy and His healing hand descend on this good man, and restore the faith of his family and all who love him. Amen.

tinhorn97062
06-03-2020, 10:13 PM
I also remember Gerald, and I’m really thankful for you sharing the follow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tankgunner59
06-03-2020, 11:27 PM
Praise God for showing, even though our doctors get their abilities from Him, theirs isn't the final decision. I didn't see your initial thread but I will certainly include Gerald in my prayers.
I would also like to thank God for the folks here on this site. It is so encouraging to be a member of a community that are willing to pray for each other. Thanks to all of you who are in touch with our Lord and Savior.

Markopolo
06-03-2020, 11:39 PM
prayers still being sent charlie.. BTW, how are You doing after your trip to the Body Shop??

mozeppa
06-04-2020, 02:54 AM
amazing grace.

Boaz
06-04-2020, 06:49 AM
prayers still being sent charlie.. BTW, how are You doing after your trip to the Body Shop??

I'm doing fine . just life as usual...kind of . The 'shelter in place' deal is a bummer though . LOL , been cutting down trees growing in the fenceline . Cleaning the shed , hauling off 'junk' . Doing a lot of projects that I have avoided in the laziness of my advanced age . Takes me forever to get anything done these days and that drives me nuts .

I was going fishing quite a bit for a few weeks but the river flooded and you can't get to it now for the mud . I like the river...it's peaceful . There are plenty of other places to fish but too many people now . The shelter in place thing has made a lot of folks rediscover getting out and fishing plus the warm weather getting them on the water . But I'm doing good !