PDA

View Full Version : Need the help of a gunsmith... Identification

beezapilot
05-17-2020, 05:11 PM
Yep.

Nice old man in the neighborhood passed away, gunsmith back in the day. He was a victim of dementia for his last years. His widow called me and asked if this bucket of "stuff" was worth anything... I know that mostly they are Mauser 98 parts, but there is black powder stuff, old rifle barrels, sites, odds and ends that have been in his garage / desk for years. Some ID help would be appreciated, and help me group it into auction lots for the S&S forum, a rough idea of worth would be helpful, some stuff I've an idea on.. some not so much.

Photos are too large for upload, so may be best via Email.

Drop me a PM if you are willing to help.

Winger Ed.
05-17-2020, 05:32 PM
I would encourage working it out so the photos come up here.

beezapilot
05-17-2020, 07:01 PM
A kind gentleman has identified them, thank you for the input and consideration!!!

Winger Ed.
05-17-2020, 07:27 PM
Glad it worked out.

From fishing: I've learned it helps to put as much bait in the water as possible.:bigsmyl2:

beezapilot
05-18-2020, 05:39 AM
Might be. Bolt actions have never been my thing, and I've never done gunsmithing outside of back end work on shotguns. Can't label them if you don't know what they are.

dbosman
05-18-2020, 10:07 PM
For Windows users, do a web search for Microsoft Power Tools. That set of tools includes an image re=sizer that becomes a right click too. Instructions here.
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-powertoys-how-to-use-image-resizer/