PDA

View Full Version : Found the problem

Freightman
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
with my Ishapor 2A, it was and I knew it was my right eye, all of a sudden I can't see the front sight on some of my guns. (will get the eyes cked after Christmas) well I had a no gunsmith mount for it I got for 8$ + shipping off Ebay the one with out a screw. I went and got a bolt from the supply house and fit it to the rifle this morning. Had to use a bolt that had a large allen head as I had tried cutting a bolt off and cutting a slot with no luck, couldn't tighten it enough before the slot broke. The bolt I used just will clear the gun bolt and had to remove some materal from the mount but it worked.
Went to the range and ran some good loads through to see if all held, good now to zero. It was getting dark so couldn't do 100 only got 25 and 50 yds at 50 I got a 1 1/8" 10 shot group 7 were in 1/2" three spread it out. The other day the best I could do without a scope was 8" at 50 yds I was ready to get rid of it but didn't do any better with a new rifle that I knew shot sub MOA, will be ready to get new glasses.
Boy getting old sure aint for sissies and darn expensive.

skeet1
11-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Freightman,
I know what you mean. I had cataract surgery several months ago on my left eye, the Dr. said my right wasn't bad enough. Unfortunately I am right eye dominate and still can't see the sights worth a darn. I hope my right eye gets bad soon so I can have it fixed also. Maybe my groups will improve. As you said getting old isn't for sissies.

Skeet1