PDA

View Full Version : Curry brand rifle bullets

curiousgeorge
05-16-2020, 11:09 AM
While staying at home, I've been going through things and finding 'treasures' I'd forgotten.

Came across 2 partial boxes of bullets made by the Curry Bullet Co., 4504 E Wahington Blvd., Los Angeles 22, California. The boxes are yellow in color and printed with a logo and company info, but the contents info is printed on a red label glued on each end of the box.

Sorry, no pictures because I'm a tech moron. Pressman has tried to lead me through the process, but he didn't have much to work with on my end. So, if anyone out there can post a picture of what you have, it would be appreciated.

One box is 150gr 8mm and the other is 180gr 30 caliber. These have the sharpest spitzer points I have ever seen.

How common are they and has anyone ever tried them?

Thanks, Steve

Pressman
05-16-2020, 03:36 PM
Steve, email me the pictures at the email in my signature line. I will get them posted for you. I would like to see the boxes, as I have not heard of Curry Bullets.

curiousgeorge
05-16-2020, 05:45 PM
Ken
Pictures emailed.
Thanks. Steve

Pressman
05-16-2020, 06:21 PM
Very interesting packaging, they remind me of Herter's bullet boxes of the same time period.

too many things
05-23-2020, 12:06 AM
ken is right they were small co --and done the bullets for herters they made the wasp waist [waste] which was as said a waste . you load them and they would push in the case ,think i still have few . the center is pure lead and you can bend the tip . may have been ok
if geo herter was alive he killed elephants with them