PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson 325 NG Woes

Zingger
05-16-2020, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Friends! I seem to attract projects that I just cannot say no to!

The little 325 is a 45 acp in the scandium frame, 2.5" barrel. I just picked it up as a concealed/less visible option at the range I go to.

Here's the woes- When I first picked it up and brought it home the hammer could be pushed forward/ guarantee that someone had monkeyed around with it. Not so says the original owner. I took the side plate off and put it in the ultrasonic cleaner, it lessened then stopped completely. Now it cannot be pushed forward.Great! Could it have just been that dirty? Common sense says yes but I am scratching my head.

The larger, more troubling problem is that the yoke seems to be a 2 piece. The main crane and the actual yoke pin. Under recoil it seems to back out, wanting to jump the notch. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how was it fixed? I will try to see if one of the other N frame yokes will fit, or I will try to possibly tig weld it up to fill the notch it has created. I have done a small bit of research to see possible fixes and the main one is either create a different channel altogether or find a non-spring screw.

Thank you for any input you can offer.

Bill

rintinglen
05-16-2020, 10:52 PM
I once “repaired” a S&W M-10 that was a police trade in that had a visible layer of dried grease so thick that half the time it would not cock in single action. That was one of the stiffest actions I ever found. I had a hard time removing the side plate due to the glue effect of the dried grease. A bath overnight in gasoline dissolved most of the crud, a vigorous scrubbing with an old tooth brush and a light oiling with Rem Oil returned it to serviceable condition.

I’m not quite following your description of the second problem. A photo might help immensely.