PDA

View Full Version : FR8 Barrel thread pitch

HumptyDumpty
05-11-2020, 11:16 AM
I've been digging around the internet, and can't seem to find this information. Does anyone here known the thread pitch of a Spanish FR8? I am assuming it's the same as a CETME, but I can only find info for new-production CETME barrels, and I have no idea if any of the Century guns retain their original threading. I wan to install a quick-detach muzzle device, for a can.

Larry Gibson
05-12-2020, 09:32 AM
It's the standard M98 Mauser thread pitch...…..because it is a M98 or the Spanish M47 version of the M98.

Slugster
05-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Thread pitch gages will solve the problem. If you know any machinists to borrow one from.

HumptyDumpty
05-12-2020, 11:07 AM
It's the standard M98 Mauser thread pitch...…..because it is a M98 or the Spanish M47 version of the M98.
The FR8 has a flash-hider installed, just like the CETME it augmented/served as a training aid for. I haven't removed it yet, and I won't until I actually have my suppressor, but it is these threads that I am concerned with. I don't know of any other Mausers that had flash-hiders.d the

tdoor4570
05-12-2020, 01:02 PM
The FR8 has a flash-hider installed, just like the CETME it augmented/served as a training aid for. I haven't removed it yet, and I won't until I actually have my suppressor, but it is these threads that I am concerned with. I don't know of any other Mausers that had flash-hiders.d the

Go ahead and pull the flash hider off it just screws on and off then you can measure the thread and pitch . I have had mine off several times but never worred about measureing it

HumptyDumpty
05-12-2020, 03:05 PM
Go ahead and pull the flash hider off it just screws on and off then you can measure the thread and pitch . I have had mine off several times but never worred about measureing it

Do you recall if it is right or left hand?

Larry Gibson
05-12-2020, 03:17 PM

My bad, had the other end of the barrel in mind. Thought I had the pitch written down someplace as I removed mine but can't seem to find it. It was a metric pitch so I rethreaded mine for a M14 Flash suppressor castle nut. Then I could also put the Sionics suppressor on it and the m14 flash suppressor which is now on mine.

tdoor4570
05-12-2020, 10:57 PM
Do you recall if it is right or left hand?

will pull it out and check tomorrow

tdoor4570
05-13-2020, 09:16 AM
to the left loose to the right tighten that is on my FR7 my son has my FR8

HumptyDumpty
05-13-2020, 04:51 PM
to the left loose to the right tighten that is on my FR7 my son has my FR8
Thanks, I wouldn't think that they are different. Now I'll know whether I am turning the proper direction, or it is just tight. Six-plus decades can really seize up threads.

oconeedan
05-13-2020, 11:24 PM
I believe they are the same, 15x1mm, right hand. I like the original flash hiders designated for cetme and FR8, they look good and are functional. And also important, original.

kawasakifreak77
05-14-2020, 11:25 PM
Yup M15x1.0

I have a yhm phantom on mine, its a hoot.