PDA

View Full Version : Gonic Parts Needed

Nit Wit
05-10-2020, 05:23 PM
I have a Gonic .45 cal 16" ML barrel that goes on a T/C Contender. I need sights or any extra parts for one.
Thank You
Nit Wit

pietro
05-10-2020, 07:08 PM

Name brand (i.e., Gonic) parts are unobtainium, but IME, with careful measurements you can install (or have installed) just about any open/iron barrel sights onto it.

Whether or not the barrel has sight dovetails, the measurement principles will be the same: the top of the front sight and the bottom of the rear sight's sighting notch must both be the same distance above the bore C/L, with the rear sight in the middle of it's elevation adjustment range ( to leave a fudge factor when zeroing the rifle).

Just calculate what height sights (including a front sight ramp, if wanted) the new sights need to be...….

BTW - My neighbor & hunting partner owns/operates summer camps not from you, in Weld - didja get much snow up there yesterday ?

Boz330
05-11-2020, 11:17 AM
The Gonics were a good gun but when the old man died and his son took it over he ran it into the ground pretty quick.
I sighted a few of those in for the Outfitter I use to guide for and 4" groups at 200yrd was not unusual with the 50cal slug they recommended.

Bob

Nit Wit
05-11-2020, 06:57 PM
Thanks we got 4" here, I think they got a little less. 17 inches in the county!
NW