PDA

View Full Version : 1st lead cabbage

ddeaton
11-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I was at the post office after work today and was driving by a tire dealer. I went around the block and stopped by to beg for some lead. He gave me a 1 gallon bucket which was all they had at the time. I had to promise to come see him when I needed tires. Am I going to have to do this wherever I go? I dont see the savings in the free lead when I have to buy so many tires!

JSnover
11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Since you probably don't need tires very often, how about bringing some coffe or a box of donuts next time you're scrounging lead? Or just drop off a six pack Friday afternoon and say "thanks". Lots cheaper.

ddeaton
11-24-2008, 06:42 PM
that sounds a little more like it. I can handle that

Railbuggy
11-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I droped some cans off at a scraper last week,He said he would sell lead at .25lb for 50lbs or less.That was Cincinnati.

Echo
11-25-2008, 02:01 AM
You mentioned 'cabbage' in the title, and I flashed on a different type of cabbage - Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG). BT,DT...

Buckshot
11-25-2008, 02:03 AM
I droped some cans off at a scraper last week,He said he would sell lead at .25lb for 50lbs or less.That was Cincinnati.

...............That's really not a bad price, not today it isn't. Used to be around here (So. California) that was pretty much THE price for WW ingots. So long as it's not all covered in grease, plastic, tar or some other mess, I'd get a few 50 pound batches!

...............Buckshot

ddeaton
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM

That isnt bad at all. Does he have enough to share some? I am in Hamilton