PDA

View Full Version : Forum Problems

lightman
04-27-2020, 10:56 AM
Maybe someone can explain or offer suggestions. About once a day when I try to reply to someones post I will have a box pop up telling me that my reply does not have enough characters to post. It doesn't seem to matter if its a sentence or several sentences. The only way I have found to get around it is to cancel my post and then retype it. Any suggestions or insights anyone?

Tatume
04-27-2020, 11:52 AM
Nope.

Tatume
04-27-2020, 11:53 AM
My reply was sent using the minimum number of characters accepted by this forum. I've never had a problem with five or more characters. Sorry.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-27-2020, 12:00 PM
If you are using the "post quick reply" option???
Instead, try using "Go Advanced", then click on "submit reply".

I can't explain why you are having that particular issue? it could be your browser or phone app software or something along those lines...But in the past, the above instructions have solved other problems that aren't much different.

lightman
04-27-2020, 02:56 PM
I am using the "post quick reply". I will try the "go advanced". Thanks for the suggestion.

dtknowles
04-27-2020, 04:11 PM
Instead of retyping can't you copy and paste.

Tim

HATCH
04-27-2020, 04:15 PM
Please keep in mind that if you are quoting someone their words do not count towards your reply count.

kenton
04-27-2020, 04:31 PM
My last visitors on my profile page has had the same 6 people as the last visitors for as long as I can remember, but my visitor count keeps going up. I have tried messaging the administrators a couple of times but nothing has ever changed. It's not a big problem but it seems kind of strange.

HATCH
04-27-2020, 04:51 PM
My last visitors on my profile page has had the same 6 people as the last visitors for as long as I can remember, but my visitor count keeps going up. I have tried messaging the administrators a couple of times but nothing has ever changed. It's not a big problem but it seems kind of strange.

that is easy to answer.

2 reasons

1 - not every person that visits you page is a member
2 - not every person that visits is visable to you. Some members hide their information.

The last 8 visitor(s) to this page were:
472x1B/A, BACKTOSHOOTING, HATCH*, jdfoxinc, Minerat, Preacher Jim*, Thundarstick, Walks
This page has had 3,398 visits

Something else to think of is that visits are hits. It could be a person or it could even be a bot.

kenton
04-27-2020, 08:44 PM
I had honestly never considered that. Other forums I have been a member of you were not allowed to view profiles unless you were signed in as a member. If anyone and everyone can view a profile and it registers as a view it would explain a lot.