PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Hill dies

uncle dino
04-25-2020, 05:55 PM
I recieved an email from Corbin manufacturing that they will be making dies to fit walnut hill and sea gurt presses. They will also support, repair and offer press parts. D

MUSTANG
04-25-2020, 08:48 PM
Got the same E-Mail. Although I do not have Walnut Hill or Sea Gurt products; it's always nice to know a product has not become an Orphan with no support available.

NoZombies
04-25-2020, 09:00 PM
That's actually pretty cool, though it doesn't effect me.

guywitha3006
04-25-2020, 09:21 PM
Would you guys mind copying what was in the email, I haven't bought from Dave so no email, and I only saw adapters listed on his site. Thanks!

rancher1913
04-25-2020, 10:12 PM
just emailed him about a week ago asking about stuff for the sea girt and he said only special order, must have got to thinking about the business he was missing out on now that his brother is out of business.

475AR
04-25-2020, 11:48 PM
The email is a little un clear, I emailed and specifically asked about the reason for the .458 size limit on the "dies to fit the SG/WH presses" and he stated that the email is about using the S die adapters and S dies in the SG/WH presses. He did say that they would build a "custom set" of WH dies but you have to send in a set of dies you already have so they can measure them and make a copy in the caliber you want.

guywitha3006
04-26-2020, 12:10 AM
The email is a little un clear, I emailed and specifically asked about the reason for the .458 size limit on the "dies to fit the SG/WH presses" and he stated that the email is about using the S die adapters and S dies in the SG/WH presses. He did say that they would build a "custom set" of WH dies but you have to send in a set of dies you already have so they can measure them and make a copy in the caliber you want.

Thanks, that's a bummer I was hoping had start making compatible dies but figured it was the adapter and the S dies.

uncle dino
04-26-2020, 02:38 PM
Heres a copy of the email

[1]Corbin.com web site World Leader in Custom Bullet Swaging Technology [2]Sea Girt style swage die and punch holder made by Corbin Providing support for your bullet swaging equipment for over 45 years: we're still here for you! New! Die and Repair Options for your discontinued "Sea Girt" or "Walnut Hill" press! Corbin Mfg is now offering custom made swage dies for the discontinued RCE "Sea Girt" press. Offering standard and special diameters from .102 to .458, including punch holders and replacement punches. Corbin can also repair "orphaned" RCE presses, and has adapters for the "Walnut Hill" press to use standard Corbin type -S die sets. Corbin standard floating punch holders (FPH-1-S) fit the press head and use standard Corbin external punches. The WH adapters are listed on www.SwageDies.com web store. The custom Sea Girt dies and punches are built to order, and are not listed. Call, write, or e-mail your requirements to get a free quote. WH-Adapter available on [3]www.SwageDies.com

guywitha3006
04-28-2020, 09:35 AM
Thanks Uncle Dino

tiger762
04-29-2020, 05:32 PM
That's excellent. I already have a couple of Corbin point form dies I use with a 5/8"-7/8" thread adapter and Walnut Hill punches. I'd like to pick up a few more point form dies for different profiles (452 3/4E, 357 1E, etc)

I wish someone would fire up a Baird transfer punch press (like Richard was using) and make jackets. None of this fifteen cents nonsense. No reason the jacket should cost more than finished bullets cost..

I recieved an email from Corbin manufacturing that they will be making dies to fit walnut hill and sea gurt presses. They will also support, repair and offer press parts. D

contendernut
04-29-2020, 07:59 PM
Has anyone asked if Dave plans on offering a WH size press? For a hand press, the h dies are quite large and the s dies small the wh sized dies are great in size.

Zbench
04-30-2020, 12:47 PM
I'm sure the answer is no. I've talked to him extensively about his presses and he feels they are all perfect as is for the job they are designed to do.

M.A.D
05-04-2020, 10:19 PM
Corbin apparently will be opening his shop , doing small runs , no custom orders...

guywitha3006
05-05-2020, 08:11 AM
Corbin apparently will be opening his shop , doing small runs , no custom orders...

Richard (RCE) or Dave?

M.A.D
05-05-2020, 08:46 AM
Richard (RCE) or Dave?

Richard RCE

guywitha3006
05-05-2020, 08:48 AM
M.A.D... thanks for the heads up!

475AR
05-27-2020, 07:36 AM
Looks like RCE has his site back up.
https://www.rceco.com/

midnight
05-28-2020, 07:18 AM
Looks like Richard is coming out with a new press. It looks similar to Dave's CSP-1 but the ram is threaded 7/8-14. Too bad I got 3 Walnut Hills, a CSP-1 & a CSP-2 & a Mity-Mite plus his Hydraswage. I'm still interested as soon as he prices them.

Bob