PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Chargemaster

dale2242
04-24-2020, 07:48 AM
Is it possible to adjust the trickle start time and the trickle speed on an RCBS Chargemaster?
The trickle speed is very slow compared to the Hornady Auto Charge.
You can adjust the trickle start time and trickle speed on the Hornady Auto Charge.
I may have call RCBS on this one.
I thought someone on this site may know.dale

dragon813gt
04-24-2020, 08:16 AM
Yes, you can adjust the speed in three different areas.

This link has a lot of advanced information: http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/10/tech-tip-how-to-speed-up-your-rcbs-chargemaster-1500/

This link is plain English on how to adjust the speed: https://www.primalrights.com/library/articles/re-programming-rcbs-chargemaster-combo

Wheelguns 1961
04-24-2020, 08:48 AM
There are some youtube videos that show how.

jmorris
04-24-2020, 09:21 AM
If you start messing with the parameters, the first thing you need to do is write down all of the factory settings, as there is no "Reset defaults".

So when you find that the "trick" doesn't work as well as the original setting, they only way you can go back is to enter the original data, that will be lost if you don't record it.

winelover
04-25-2020, 07:31 AM
Why would you need to? Been using mine on the factory settings, exclusively, ever since they were first introduced. By the time I seat the bullet, with the press, the next pre-measured charge is ready. And no, I never use a loading block.

I have three manual powder measures. Two Hollywood's and a Uniflow. All are set for low charges of Bullseye. Hardly ever use them, unless I'm doing a large batch loading.

Winelover

dale2242
04-25-2020, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys for the info.
I am using a borrowed Chargemaster so I am not going to try to adjust it.
It may be a little too technical for this old brain...dale

rototerrier
04-29-2020, 06:26 AM
I adjust my settings for almost every different powder I use. It will go really fast if the settings are tailored.

Basically, if I don't, I'll be waiting on it. With proper settings, it's always waiting on me.

trebor44
04-30-2020, 08:28 AM
I second what 'winelover' does. In fact, the Chargemaster gets ahead of me by about 2-3 cases in the loading block. I do use the scale to check my Dillon loads during a session just because I like to. Toyed with the idea of adjusting the speed etc but didn't think it was worth it for me.

GONRA
05-04-2020, 05:43 PM
GONRA weighs everything with my RCBS ChargeMaster then puts pan back onto its Beam Balance to double check. (Just being paranoid as usual.)
For smaller charges, DO NOT FORGET to it put a small nail (or wotever) marker in the charged case so you won't DOUBLE CHARGE!

dale2242
05-05-2020, 09:35 AM
I got a warranty replacement Auto Charge from Hornady.
I t has a some improvements over the old one I sent back.
The RCBS Chargemaster has a lot more bells and whistles than my Hornady but for my purposes the Hornadys adjustability is better.
I am not knocking the RCBS just saying for me, the Hornady is faster and just as accurate...dale