PDA

View Full Version : Dies

The Kaiser
04-23-2020, 10:47 AM
Anyone else notice that certain reloading dies are getting hard to come by? This Country had better get up and running again!

JoeJames
04-23-2020, 11:24 AM
I called the local gun shop this am to order a set of .223 dies - Lee RGB plain vanilla set. Buddy at the shop said should get 'em in on Monday. But he said for a spell there was quite a run on 'em. He said he had ordered a set on March 17th and they did not come in until last week. He thinks things have freed up a bit.

mdi
04-23-2020, 11:46 AM
Everything is getting hard to find. The Chicken Little panickers bought everything in sight, from toilet paper to reloading supplies/equipment. I was looking at one of my favorite vendors and there was a notice that most orders will take at least 6 weeks to fill. The "gotta get mine before someone else gets it all" thinking has put us in this situation because too many people just go tip toeing through the tulips, kinda like the grasshopper and way too few look ahead and prepare, like the ant. I grew up in earthquake country and learned to be prepared and I added my reloading supplies/equipment to the list of "Just in Case" items, so I can keep reloading and cleanly going to the outhouse for quite a while...

dragon813gt
04-23-2020, 01:31 PM
This happens every time. People run out and buy reloading equipment. A lot of it won’t ever be used. Tooling for common cartridges sells out quickly. Bright side is this equipment is usually sold off cheap when ammo is readily available again.

One lesson that everyone should learn. Have at least one firearm chambered for an oddball cartridge. Not only does this ammo not sell out when there’s a run. The reloading tools are still available as well.

The Kaiser
04-23-2020, 07:44 PM
This happens every time. People run out and buy reloading equipment. A lot of it won’t ever be used. Tooling for common cartridges sells out quickly. Bright side is this equipment is usually sold off cheap when ammo is readily available again.

One lesson that everyone should learn. Have at least one firearm chambered for an oddball cartridge. Not only does this ammo not sell out when there’s a run. The reloading tools are still available as well.

I called Redding, there're shut down, they said they are "non essential" and are down. He also said the pipeline is drying up and they won't be able to work maybe sometime in May.

dragon813gt
04-23-2020, 08:14 PM
They’re in New York, not surprising they were deemed non-essential. It’s not this way across the entire US. It may be worse this time due to lockdown orders in some states. But my point is the same thing happens every time there is a run.

WRideout
04-23-2020, 08:32 PM
About two months ago I ordered a magazine for my Star PD from Triple K in San Diego. They said at the time it would take six weeks before they had another production run on those. Now how long?

Wayne

rtyler8140
04-23-2020, 10:56 PM
I've ordered a few things recently for casting/reloading. Seems like all vendors have certain things they are out of. Out of Midsouth, Natchez and Titan, Titan has been hands down the quickest shipping my order. I'm with you, hopefully things will normalize soon.

WHITETAIL
04-23-2020, 11:37 PM
Yes, I am in the same boat.
I have been under house arrest
with this dam bug.
The only good out of it for me is
the reloading that I got done.
Plus my buddy needed some round
balls made.
So out the lead pot and now he has
100+ .:Fire:

WHITETAIL
04-23-2020, 11:41 PM
As far as ordering read
Mid-Ways post.
Any thing that is out of stock
they have no idea when they
will get new stuff.
The order I put in might get
here buy the end of the month.
I Hope!:violin:

Texas by God
04-24-2020, 12:00 AM
Three weeks ago I ordered Acraglas and Lee LA from Midsouth, still waiting. Reminds me of the good old"4 to 6 weeks" mail order days🤣

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

blikseme300
04-24-2020, 03:23 AM
Ordered a custom cut 4-cavity 45 cal mold from Accurate on the 16th and it arrived yesterday. Of course I’m working 7 days a week in an essential business so no opportunity for casting anytime soon :-((

dragon813gt
04-24-2020, 06:32 AM
Reminds me of the good old"4 to 6 weeks" mail order days🤣

It’s this way w/ most items on Amazon as well. Shipping times have gone back to weeks. At least you don’t have to send in the paper form w/ a check like you used to.

Rich/WIS
04-24-2020, 08:53 AM
Haven't ordered much lately, a Lee 429-240 6 cav from Titan and some plastic 50 rund 243 boxes off E-bay. Both came within days of ordering but did notice many items are out of stock at various vendors. Fortunately have a healthy inventory of powder, primers and 22LR. Hell, have enough powder, lead and probably primers to see me off this mortal coil.

mdi
04-26-2020, 11:31 AM
Yep, due to the world being closed, I haven't had a haircut in going on 3 months! (I'm grown up and don't want my hair growing to a 1960s length again!). I checked Amazon for hair clippers and most had delivery dates from mid June to mid July...

WRideout
04-26-2020, 01:02 PM
Yep, due to the world being closed, I haven't had a haircut in going on 3 months! (I'm grown up and don't want my hair growing to a 1960s length again!). I checked Amazon for hair clippers and most had delivery dates from mid June to mid July...

I frequently get mistaken for a prophet. People stop me in the street to ask the meaning of life. A shepherd once tried to get me to round up his sheep.

Wayne

Wayne Smith
04-26-2020, 06:57 PM
Last week I ordered 500 Berry's bullets and two 100 9mm plastic cartridge boxes from Cabela's and the boxes have shipped. Haven't heard about the bullets but they were listed as 1-2 weeks back ordered.

tankgunner59
04-28-2020, 10:25 PM
I decided to finally splurge and get a Lee Classic Cast 4 hole turret press. I looked at all of the usual suspects and each one would have one or two of the needed items in stock and the rest for back order. I finally looked at Natchez and they had a good price on everything and it was listed in stock, cool. So I ordered it all on the 24th, when the email came it said the estimated delivery date is May 19th. Wow! And the weight begins.