PDA

View Full Version : North East Winter Shoot

David R
12-19-2005, 09:48 PM
OK folks I am thinking about having a cast boolit shoot in Western NY. Most of us can't make it to the fine shoot in winnymucca (yeah, I know I butchered the spelling) So maybe the locals here can have our own shoot.

If there is some response, I will try to rent a local range for a day and have a bunch of you all to come out and pop some caps.

Lots of shooting and shooting the bull.

Whaddyathink?

David

RayinNH
12-19-2005, 10:59 PM
David, it sounds like fun. Could you narrow the term "Western NY" down a bit? What kind of troubles would we have traveling through NY with a few firearms and a couple hundred rounds of ammo? A warmer weather shoot would be more to my liking, say May or June, it would be a lot safer traveling too. Seems like snow storms keep blowing off of the Great Lakes. I'll keep watch on this thread to see what develops...Ray

bruce drake
12-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Count me in for the NY shoot. Give me a date so I can build it into my work schedule with the Army.

Bruce

David R
12-20-2005, 09:45 PM
The club I want to rent is in Middleport NY. Between Roch and Buffalo.

I will check it out this week. It always used to be rented for weddings and things. They hold their own matches every month. Mostly black powder.

Nice place. Huge fireplace, open the doors and shoot from inside.

David

Boondocker
01-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Hello David
Would that be the Middleport at Madison or Niagara as mapquest shows both. Thanks Boon

David R
01-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Niagara.

I have not met with the club pres yet, but I do know him and will let you guys know as soon as I find out the whole story. I am sure insurance is going to be an issiue.

David

RayinNH
03-26-2006, 07:55 PM
David, this thread is sinking out of sight so I thought I'd bring it back up. Any word yet on a possible shoot...Ray

David R
03-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes ray,
Its looking like june though. Seems people didn't want to venture out in the wonderful winter we didn't have here.

I talked to the vice prez at the club and will be taking it to the next board meeting.

I have to draw up plans, like what we are going to shoot, times, and stuff like that. I already figured out I will need some help. At least one more range officer, and some one to help with "registration" if you want to call it that. Got those covered.

David

RayinNH
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
So far the weekend of June 17-18 is a no-go for me. All others are clear so far...Ray