PDA

View Full Version : Today was Monday I think.

frkelly74
04-20-2020, 06:37 PM
Today I went out to the garage to look for some more 45 brass to load up ...... and there wasn't any. And the range is closed so i can't go out and make some empty brass the fun way. So I decided I was going to take the mower apart and put a new belt on it for the self propelled wheels so it would be self propelled. So I flipped the machine over with the oil fill spout over the oil drip pan to simultaneously drain the oil so I could put in new oil. Well it turns out the belt runs in a housing that screws onto the top of the transmission and there are three screws that I could not get a tool on to get them out. So being as how it was not actually broke I thought I would just put some belt dressing on it. But I couldn't find any. So I sharpened the blade, put it back together and turned it right side up and re filled the oil with nice brand new oil and put in fresh cheap fuel and changed the air filter and fired her up. You just have to push a little harder, It probably would have gone too fast and been hard to keep up with it any way . So then I mowed our yard and I noticed that the neighbors yard needed mowing, especially since ours was mowed and looked nice, well pretty nice any way. They got caught at their cabin when the stay ''put order'' was given and have not been home except the wife will sneak in to gather up the mail that I have put on their back porch for her, and today there was a package on the front porch that I was carrying to the back door when she pulled up in an old truck. She was taking her dog to the vet and didn't want to reschedule the appointment. Any way I mowed their yard too since it was just a matter of mowing straight lines across two lots instead of one. I did not know I was such a good neighbor. So now the yard is mowed and the mower is working pretty well. and tomorrow is Tuesday .... I think. Not much going on here.

gwpercle
04-20-2020, 06:56 PM
I logged in and in the upper right hand corner ... it said
there were NO UNREAD posts...!!! No unread post ...that's never happened .
Guess I'll start reading the old posts again...Wait ...it says there is 1 unread post...I hope it's not this one ... Let me go and find that unread post and read it ....getting desperate !
Gary

MrWolf
04-20-2020, 08:19 PM
I decided to go put in the woods and see if I could find a Turkey I keep hearing. Brought my Marlin lever 410 just in case. Nope. Heard him once but sound travels a ways in the mountains. Hard turkey hunting in the woods. Enjoyed my walk though.

elmacgyver0
04-20-2020, 08:25 PM
Hair spray works as a make shift belt dressing.

Texas by God
04-20-2020, 11:20 PM
Hair spray works as a make shift belt dressing.
And a snub nose flame thrower....

bangerjim
04-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Keeping track of the days is rather difficult in this mess we are in. I have digital clocks in several rooms that say what the time and date AND day of the week it is! Now I just hope I do not run out of AA batteries to keep them running!

My weeks are now planned around Tuesdays for garbage can day and Thursdays for recycle can day. And a grocery store run ever 2 weeks on Wednesdays. Did some one once say this was "heaven on earth"? OMG.............please save me!

We got our Discover (the one I carry for purchases, not paying bills) bill and it was under $600 for the 1st time in years~! Only grocery store and one gas station purchase......no eateries.

banger

ps: how many weeks per gallon does your vehicle get during the shutdown?!?!?!?!?!??!?

gwpercle
04-21-2020, 02:54 PM
My wrist watch has a little window that shows what the date is and the Day of the Week ...
I never needed the Day of the Week function ...until now. Heck, the other day I had to look at the newspaper because I couldn't remember what the Month was. This isn't good !
Gary

frkelly74
04-21-2020, 04:23 PM
Big thing I heard today on the news. Oil is less than $00 dollars per barrel. The suppliers are bidding how much they have to pay anyone with storage space to take the stuff off their hands. This can't be good. All my gas cans are already full.