PDA

View Full Version : Need Load Data For 40 S&W 155 Gr LSWC

MG34
04-18-2020, 05:04 PM
I have some IMR Target and can not find any load data for a 40 S&W using a 155 grain lead bullet. The only data I can find is on the Hodgdon Reloading and is for jacketed bullets. Any info would much appreciated.

tazman
04-18-2020, 05:27 PM
You can use the data from the Hodgdon site. The BERB FP bullet is for BErry's bullets which are plated bullets. They perform much like cast lead bullets as far as load data.
If you have questions about it, use a couple of tenths less powder.
You need to start at the starting load and work up in any case.

gwpercle
04-18-2020, 07:08 PM
You can use the data from the Hodgdon site. The BERB FP bullet is for BErry's bullets which are plated bullets. They perform much like cast lead bullets as far as load data.
If you have questions about it, use a couple of tenths less powder.
You need to start at the starting load and work up in any case.

This is probably the best advice you are going to get on IMR Target ....not a lot of data !
I went through all of my newest manuals and found no data in 40 S&W and IMR Target .
The plated data should be a good starting point .
Gary

tazman
04-18-2020, 09:56 PM
I did a bit more research and found a new burn rate chart. IMR Target is sandwiched between Bullseye and Titegroup. I would expect load data to be similar but probably not exactly the same.
Compare load data for those powders to get an idea where to begin. Again, start low and work up. A chrono is your friend if you have access to one.

MG34
05-05-2020, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I will stick to using Unique for now.

05-05-2020, 05:20 PM
The Tazman method has worked for me—for 20 years, and lots of reloads.