PDA

View Full Version : things to know about the amazing fruit bat quarters $0.25........

pressonregardless
04-18-2020, 06:59 AM

New quarters are coming and they star FRUIT BATS!

We are not far into 2020 yet, and it's already, you know, "interesting." As in, the news is stressful – koala bears on fire, impeachment chaos, earthquakes, thoughts of war ... take your pick.

But at least there is this: We are getting new quarters with fruit bats on them!

Here is how they came about and what to know.
1. The coin's future was written in 2008
On December 23, 2008, Public Law 110–456 was signed. Known as America's Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008, the aim of the act is to "provide for a program for circulating quarter dollar coins that are emblematic of a national park or other national site in each State, the District of Columbia, and each territory of the United States."

Continued - https://www.treehugger.com/animals/7-things-know-about-amazing-fruit-bat-quarters.html

Three44s
04-18-2020, 08:18 AM
What is next year’s quarter going to have on it?

I would like to know where the next Chinese pandemic will be coming from!

Three44s

Bent Ramrod
04-18-2020, 09:19 AM
Why don’t they do a commemorative quarter with the back portraying idle hands with thumbs twiddling, and on the front, George wearing a face mask?

That would sum up 2020, at least this far.

Froogal
04-18-2020, 09:52 AM
What is next year’s quarter going to have on it?

I would like to know where the next Chinese pandemic will be coming from!

Three44sThe next pandemic will be the African Swine Fever. USDA is already working on ways to deal with it.

Geezer in NH
04-18-2020, 10:36 AM
We need a Ding Bat one

popper
04-18-2020, 11:12 AM
African Swine Fever. So stamped with a hog face on it? Pelosi?

bedbugbilly
04-18-2020, 11:49 AM
Hmmmmmm . . . . 2008? Gee, I wonder whose Administration that ws then .. . .

I can hardly wait until the one for the Republik of Kalifornia comes out - rumor has it that it will have a donkey's hind end on one side and Pelosi eating ice cream on the other.

Yea . . I know . . the coin collectors will love this . . . . but I think people are really getting tired of Congress wasting money on things like this and other's "pet projects" instead of actually working for the American CITIZENS. I wonder just how much these new coins are costing the American taxpayer? New dies to make them and everything else involved? Really? All for a coin that is still valued at 25 cents when what we have had still works? Wow . . . another great idea for coins like the two $1 dollar coins that were minted and are no longer "out there" being used. Sorry . . . but things like this really stick in a person's craw who has worked hard all their life, paid taxes and watched most of it wasted by lifetime politicians. Maybe the money would have been better spent by using it on improving roads to make it better to drive to the National Parks or perhaps maintaining what the parks are for the people to visit, all of which would have provided much needed jobs for citizens during that Administration . . . . you know . . . the Administration that provided for the increases in unemployment and huge numbers of people on food stamps, etc.? Perhaps the next coin Congress should vote for, that I'm sure would have a lot of collector appeal, should be commenting themselves . . . a "plug nickel" . . . because that's about what a lot of then are worth.

nelsonted1
04-18-2020, 03:15 PM
The African swine fever has already killed 1/4 of the world's hogs. 1/2 of the world's hogs are in china. China has lost 1/2 of their hogs.

https://news.yahoo.com/disease-killed-millions-chinas-pigs-120553596.html

elmacgyver0
04-18-2020, 03:20 PM
The African swine fever has already killed 1/4 of the world's hogs. 1/2 of the world's hogs are in china. China has lost 1/2 of their hogs.

I have not had a lot of empathy for the Chinese lately.

gwpercle
04-18-2020, 06:21 PM
Why don’t they do a commemorative quarter with the back portraying idle hands with thumbs twiddling, and on the front, George wearing a face mask?

That would sum up 2020, at least this far.

LIKE !!! :grin:

I'm hitting our new like button .
Gary

elmacgyver0
04-18-2020, 06:32 PM
We need a Ding Bat one

I guess that would be a Pelosi commemorative quarter.

MrWolf
04-19-2020, 07:59 AM
I guess that would be a Pelosi commemorative quarter.

Thought the same thing

gwpercle
04-19-2020, 09:47 AM
I have not had a lot of empathy for the Chinese lately.

LIKE !!!

Americans need to wake up to the fact ...Communist China is not our friend .
One of the few to get it is our President... but many others collude with China to America's disadvantage .
Wake up people .
Gary

Poygan
04-19-2020, 10:33 AM
I agree completely with Gary.

Three44s
04-24-2020, 02:12 AM
Ok,

Pelosi’s rear end and her head down in her $24,000 refrigerator double unit fishing for another high dollar ice cream tub.

Three44s

jonp
04-29-2020, 01:39 PM

I thought half the worlds hogs were at WalMart