PDA

View Full Version : Shipments being held??

hawkenhunter50
04-16-2020, 03:53 AM
Anyone else have shipments of powder/primers or guns being shipped being held? I have a Midway order with primers that says being held for a later delivery date from UPS. Weird thing is I have a 2nd Midway order with normal stuff, nothing hazmat that is still showing on schedule for delivery. Also bought a gun off Gunbroker that shipped USPS that shows it arrived at a distribution center on 4/7 and nothing after that. Last update was 4/11 but it just says its in transit to the next facility, but it never shows as departed from the distribution center.

I have still been receiving other shipments from UPS/Fedex/USPS that haven't been firearm or reloading related.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and what the outcome ended up being.

Rcmaveric
04-16-2020, 03:55 AM
I have been waiting on my order from China for over a month.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Teddy (punchie)
04-16-2020, 06:04 AM
Bought a thermometer its been setting in Rochester NY for three days.

Schreck5
04-16-2020, 06:11 AM
I recently ordered powder/ primers from Grafs & Sons that took 1 1/2 weeks. 3 or 4 days before it shipped, 1 1/2 days in transit, and sat about 4 days at the UPS distribution center. Normally takes 3 days total.

Ordered a new base for our Sleep Number bed. The kind lady said she would send it "2nd day air" (?). Took 1 week.

hawkenhunter50
04-16-2020, 06:19 AM
Sounding pretty common then. I guess my big concern is the gun from gunbroker with no tracking activity for 9 days now. Not sure if I should file an insurance claim or wait it out. Seems to be excessive time.

NoZombies
04-16-2020, 06:41 AM
I made a small purchase that shipped priority... I watched the tracking go from NY down the coast to FL... and then instead of heading across the state to me, it next appeared in Chicago, and has been bouncing around the great lakes for most of a week. I just hope it doesn't go through Detroit... only about 30% of the stuff that I track to there ever surfaces again. [smilie=b:

MrWolf
04-16-2020, 07:52 AM
I have a lot of postal stuff lately that appears "stuck" somewhere. I order a bunch of stuff as easier than going out so I don't always know who the sender is. Pretty annoying lately.

Kraschenbirn
04-16-2020, 09:56 AM
Last week, had a couple boxes of cigars, shipped 'Priority Mail', that made it from Miami to a USPS distribution center outside of Chicago in two days...then took another four days to get here (110 miles)!

Bill

KCSO
04-16-2020, 10:08 AM
Sent in an order on the 7th and is shows scheduled delivery for the 22nd.

popper
04-16-2020, 10:31 AM
Don't know how much air freight activity is down, trucking is slow so mail is slow. Of course I still get the bulk junk mail. Talk about USPS going private or broke but they will still go broke due to 'overhead' labor costs.

Shawlerbrook
04-16-2020, 10:33 AM
Same here. Been seeing some crazy routes with postal deliveries.

Lloyd Smale
04-16-2020, 10:38 AM
Ordered two of those tiny naa 22lr pistols right before shtf. They showed them in stock and buds claimed two day delivery. The next day they said some shipments would be delayed 15 days well its been 20 and nothing. I emailed them and told me to give me back my money and they refused! No doubt they were actually out of stock and they cant get them.

bedbugbilly
04-16-2020, 10:49 AM
I have noticed that on some things I have ordered that are shipped USPS, the tracking will show it gets to a distribution center and then nothing on the tracking other than "in transit" - check for several days in a row and same thing and then it just shows up at my door. I have ordered things through Amazon Prime that indicate a 1 or 2 day delivery an then it get's extended to 3 or 4. We have to rememberers,ber that these are not "normal" times - employees get sick - some with the virus and of course the normal colds, flu, etc. and as a result, these places are short handed, the others try to take up the slack but only so much can be done in a day - thus there are going to be some delays. Plus, with everyone in quarantine, just imagine the increase of orders being placed on-line and they all have to be delivered. A lot of the delays may also be caused by the logistics of getting shipments and the ability to keep merchandise flowing. I'm guessing that part of the delays at times in getting items from Amazon is due to the spike in demand of items just from the influx of so many in quarantine. I can't speak to the issue of why primers, powder, etc. would be held up but perhaps it is due to a need to wait at a distribution center to accumulate enough hazardous shipments to work into their shipping schedule as opposed to getting more essential non-hazardous items shipped?

Rick Hodges
04-16-2020, 11:26 AM
I have a package from California that was stuck in Dayton, Ohio for a week. USPS. My packaged from CA almost never go via Dayton. Started moving again yesterday.

Froogal
04-16-2020, 11:43 AM
Because of so many stores being closed down right now, people are turning to the on-line stores to get what they need, and the various parcel delivery services are finding it very difficult to keep up. They probably are having to make some decisions as to what is "essential" such as prescriptions, etc. and other stuff that can probably wait a few days.

white eagle
04-16-2020, 12:00 PM
Most all of my shipments have been delayed
I ordered some brass and actually forgot where,when I ordered it from
and ordered some more then my first order showed up
however I did receive one in a normal timely manner so I guess it all depends
all my shipments are gun related

waksupi
04-16-2020, 12:37 PM
All carriers are prioritizing medical related equipment at the time.

country gent
04-16-2020, 12:47 PM
I have an order with Harbor Freight thats going on 4-5 weeks with only the order confirmation e-mail.It hasnt even shipped yet. I e-mailed and called got told the distribution center is back logged. In 4-5 weeks my order hasnt came up???? Come on now. It isnt even that big an order. pipe die set, hole saws set, and some brushes. I suspevt they are holding it to make the quantity for price breaks from they're suppliers.

jsizemore
04-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Ordered a gun part from Houston area. Went to Michigan, Indiana and Pennsylvania before it made it to me in the Raleigh, NC area a week later. Sent it back and it was in Houston in 2 days. All the stuff I've bought has been right on time. Powder took a week and a half to get shipped from Powder Valley in Kansas but got it in 3 days after shipping. Most of the reloading supplies are backed up from large orders. Shipping flights are down to 20% from normal.

Scrounge
04-16-2020, 01:22 PM
Anyone else have shipments of powder/primers or guns being shipped being held? I have a Midway order with primers that says being held for a later delivery date from UPS. Weird thing is I have a 2nd Midway order with normal stuff, nothing hazmat that is still showing on schedule for delivery. Also bought a gun off Gunbroker that shipped USPS that shows it arrived at a distribution center on 4/7 and nothing after that. Last update was 4/11 but it just says its in transit to the next facility, but it never shows as departed from the distribution center.

I have still been receiving other shipments from UPS/Fedex/USPS that haven't been firearm or reloading related.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and what the outcome ended up being.

I ordered some books from Midway the other day, they say they won't even ship them until the 20th. They've been showing "processing" since April 11th. Expected delivery is :Est. Delivery:
Thu. 04/23 (Economy – USPS or UPS) A lot of stuff is being delayed due to shortage of people to process and ship it over Covid-19.

frkelly74
04-16-2020, 01:27 PM
We are getting mail about every other day. Explanation was the Detroit hub was short staffed due to sick calls. People who are sick and those who don't want to get sick. Plus extra volume right now makes things iffy. Priority 3 day envelope from Florida to us took 8 days to get here. Junk mail is down volume wise, I think they may be dumping it. Today all we got was a reminder to fill out the census questionair and submit it, which we did about 2 weeks ago.

Bookworm
04-16-2020, 06:50 PM
I don't even think I got mail today. That's unusual.

MUSTANG
04-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Just had an e-mail notice of shipping delays by Dillon due predominantly to high volume; but also constraints from operating with "Protective Guidance" associated with WuHan Virus.

xs11jack
04-16-2020, 10:45 PM
we had our first mail in 3 days here in town. Did you see the article speculating on Trump privatize the post office this Summer??? The congress will have their usually fit when someone takes away money or control that they shouldn't have in the first place.
Ole Jack

djryan13
04-16-2020, 10:59 PM
I recall Brownells telling me during the last powder scare that they only could ship a certain amount of powder per day because that’s the max powder weight that is allowed on the truck. I believe the weight was really low too. I wanted to reply, “have them send another truck” but I kept my cool and waited a week or two and it finally shipped. Perhaps that is the problem with Midway? They may only have so much picked up per day of powder.

I am sure you will get order soon enough. Midsouth had a 3 week estimate. It was just under two weeks to ship. Oddly enough, they shipped my second order first (arrived today). 1st order (bigger) shipped today. My third order (no hazmat) is what I am really waiting on.... Got a Midsouth T Shirt and a x54 die on clearance. Woohoo!

Mal Paso
04-16-2020, 11:04 PM
When distribution centers get backed up and your shipment doesn't move for days often it's sitting in the parking lot, locked in the trailer it arrived in because there is no room inside the center.

Gray Fox
04-17-2020, 12:13 AM
I keep getting the Harbor Freight sales materials and I wonder how they can keep it up since everything I have ever bought from them was made in China and I doubt much is shipping from there these days. My brother was at one of their local stores yesterday and he said they told him that all masks, filtered breathers and nitrile gloves are held at regional warehouses to fill priority medical orders. GF

Lloyd Smale
04-17-2020, 06:35 AM
well I got ahold of buds for the second time and let them have it. They again about said tough ((( and no refund! I told the customer service person that you charged my card and most places don't do that till its shipped so basically you took my money and my guns are in some black hole limbo and could be months before I see them. They use my money while I have nothing. Told her to either give me a rock solid shipping date or refund my money or id file a fraudulent sales claim with my credit card company and contact the better business brureau. She came back and said her manager said she could make the refund. I called my dealer and he found me two in stock at another place for 15 bucks a piece less. No more buds for this guy!

popper
04-17-2020, 10:26 AM
LLoyd, get the cowboy grips for them. They are fun.

35isit
04-17-2020, 10:36 AM
I was in a off the other day. A customer asked owner if he could get a particular item. Asked if he could have in couple days. Owner said it would take two weeks or more because of shipping problems.

Rick Hodges
04-17-2020, 12:46 PM
I have a couple of packages coming from CA. that, according to tracking info, made it to the distribution centers and are now sitting there, one for a week and another for 4 days.

Handloader109
04-17-2020, 02:29 PM
lloyd, was going to say to contact Cc company and I see you took care of things your way. I bought from buds twice and wont again. I hold ffl and both my distributors have almost zero stock of any handguns. long guns are decent supply, but any handgun over 22 caliber is zero to small stock (except for Ruger's rose gold sr1911)

take a look at Amazon, their 2 day is gone, and most items are indeterminate ship and receive date. I've had a bunch of stuff in past month show shipped and then no tracking information until after I get it. things like guns and hazmat items require special handling and it ain't happening right now.
just expect 2 to 10 days longer than normal

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Gewehr-Guy
04-17-2020, 02:57 PM
I ordered a 3 foot stick of 7/8x14 all thread from ZORO on Wed. morning , and it just showed up today at noon by UPS truck. 54 hours, I'm impressed. I also ordered baby chicks, and they won't be shipped till May 26, hope they don't get forgotten in a mail trailer somewhere !

hawkenhunter50
04-17-2020, 07:36 PM
Well just received an update on shipping, it arrived at the next distribution center. So 10 days from last movement. At least it isn't lost. Now just have to hope it wasn't damaged being in limbo for so long. Was just about to file an insurance claim for this, so glad it's moving again.

NoZombies
04-17-2020, 07:58 PM
If it's USPS insurance they wouldn't even take the claim yet in my experience. It's something like 30 days of non-movement, and then they want to "search" for the lost package...

Lloyd Smale
04-18-2020, 06:51 AM
heck I ordered a 100lbs of dog food from Walmart (I know) so that I wouldn't have to go in a store and pick it up. Got an email day before yesterday that it was delivered that day. Look outside and nothing. Looked at the tracking and instead of delivering it to Munising mi they delivered it to someone in Rapid River mi. Now do those two town names even remotely resemble each other. Walmart went good for it and shipped out another 100lbs so no big deal. But id be nervous sending anything valuable ups fex x or post office these days without insurance on it. Or for that matter mail ordering anything I REALLY NEEDED.