PDA

View Full Version : The check IS in the mail!

bangerjim
04-15-2020, 04:06 PM
Actually in the direct deposit bank account the IRS uses for tax returns. The full amount arrived this AM! :-D

So I hope you all have registered for direct deposit on your taxes so you will be getting money DIRECTLY in your account probably today or tomorrow!

If no direct deposit (you should really do it that way), you will have to wait up to 20 days for snail mail checks to be sent out.

Now, what do I spend it on.......since most of the stores are closed!

banger

rancher1913
04-15-2020, 04:41 PM
made to much money last year so not eligible, sure would come in handy now that I lost my w2 job.

dakotashooter2
04-15-2020, 04:56 PM
Guess I'll be waiting. Don't need it anyway

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

redhawk0
04-15-2020, 05:10 PM
Mine is going right into the retirement accounts before the economy rebounds. I expect to make at least 30% more than the face value when this is over.

redhawk

Gray Fox
04-15-2020, 05:15 PM
You might be waiting a very long time before this economy ever rebounds. It won't even buy one ounce of gold. GF

jonp
04-15-2020, 05:16 PM
Got mine. Going into a roth immediately. I am already up over 10% on a few things. If you dont invest now you will have missed one of the best opportunities in a lifetime

dakotashooter2
04-15-2020, 05:40 PM
I'm leaning toward investment too.. as Dave Ramsey stated, stocks are on sale.....

Outer Rondacker
04-15-2020, 05:55 PM
I am not not touching this topic with a 10 foot pole. Glad you got your check.

Interesting is a good idea.

bangerjim
04-15-2020, 06:05 PM
This does look like the time to buy stocks! Many good buys out there. It will come back, slowly but it will come back and reach new levels.

We sold a ton of stocks when they started going low and moved the $$ to buying more fixed variable annuities in our portfolios. Solid no-loss investments......market goes up, we go up. Market goes down, value stays level. We have never lost a dime in many years with the various annuity tools we now have. Many of our stocks we sold were not doing too well and did not pay dividends. That is the key.....DIVIDEND-PAYING stocks!!!!! Money keeps coming in regardless of what the market does in general.

Good luck on your investment strategies!

banger

Texas by God
04-15-2020, 06:13 PM
I would like them to give me back half of what I have paid in over my working career. You know, as long as I'm wishing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dragon813gt
04-15-2020, 06:42 PM
Dividends may be a thing of the past. I expect a lot of companies to use the pandemic as an excuse to stop paying them. Along the lines of companies “temporarily halting” 401k match. I was really surprised how many of my friends had this happen to them. It starts out as temporary but becomes permanent.

Leoparddog
04-15-2020, 06:48 PM
I got mine and used part of it to pay off my hunting club dues so no matter what I have a place to fish, hunt and shoot this summer and all next year. The rest is going in the savings account

rockrat
04-15-2020, 08:22 PM
Heck, if you would have bought Tesla about 5 weeks ago, it would have doubled by today.

Treetop
04-15-2020, 08:37 PM
We received our stimulus money yesterday. Today, our tax lady called and told us that we owe an extra $200 to the IRS. Oh, the irony! Treetop

Elkins45
04-15-2020, 08:50 PM
Mine’s headed directly back where it came from, along with my wife’s and several thousand more dollars.

2A-Jay
04-15-2020, 09:04 PM
Just finished my 2019 taxes about an hour ago. Didn't get a refund Didn't get a refund last year either. Last year I paid $580 this year I am on the hook for $458. IRS doesn't have my Banking info bur Social Security does so I am sure my Check will be delayed for a while.

GhostHawk
04-15-2020, 09:44 PM
Half I think is going into a Harbor Freight mini metal lathe. Rest will go into long term storage supply's or silver.

Der Gebirgsjager
04-15-2020, 09:51 PM
I got mine and used part of it to pay off my hunting club dues so no matter what I have a place to fish, hunt and shoot this summer and all next year. The rest is going in the savings account

Best so far!

scattershot
04-15-2020, 10:16 PM
Fun stores are open, just sayin’......

GhostHawk
04-16-2020, 10:08 AM
Decided on a new rotary fly tieing vise from Amazon for starters. Still mulling the mini lathe. It could be handy but I'm not sure I'm precision orriented enough to get competant with it in a reasonable amount of time. I'm afraid I'd get frustrated and sell/give it away.

bedbugbilly
04-16-2020, 10:57 AM
I don't get one of those deposits/checks this year from the guvment - but for those that do - spend your tax refund wisely and invest it wisely as well . .. . .

my suggestions for an investment would be to put your money into three legged, one-eyed goats . . . . maybe split up you investment between that and one legged chickens?

rbuck351
04-16-2020, 12:01 PM
GhostHawk
If you decide to get the mini lathe, get the 7x14 from Grizzly. It's the same lathe but has about double the working space between chuck and tail stock center. I would not be without my mini lathe by my loading bench. Once you have a lathe you will find all kinds of loading related uses. I make sizing dies for Lyman and star sizers and push through 7x14 sizers for the press. Use it as a drive unit for lee case trimmers and sinclair primer pocket uniformer and to convert berdan to shotgun primers. I have made one step gas check tools, slide in barrel liners for my Contender from 44mag to 22KH, 22mag and22lr and a chamber adapter for my 256w to fire boolits using a nail gun charge and an oversized lee 50gr 25auto boolit. Made a new primer punch for a lee die set that had shrunk in diameter. There is no end of the things you can think of to make. There is a learning curve but it is a lot of fun learning

MT Gianni
04-16-2020, 04:07 PM
I have written them a check the last three years. I sure don't need to pay to have them access my accounts.

dakotashooter2
04-16-2020, 04:35 PM
I'm thinking about investing in toilet paper, medical masks, liquor companies and grocery stores.