PDA

View Full Version : 5.56 blanks

cwtebay
04-11-2020, 02:35 PM
Happy Easter to all!!
I asked this a couple of years back with not too many responses. Hoping someone could help me with load data for 5.56 blanks for a can cannon.
I have the dies, I have tried around 1/2 dozen loads with less than satisfying results. Too light of a load - I get to mortar the carbine every shot and clean it after 15 or so rounds. Too hot of a load and flying tennis balls become a fire hazard with glowing fuzz on them after launching. I get good results from x products blanks, but any of the others suggested have proven worthless over the long haul. I use this for little league practice with 100ish shots per week and the kids love it!
Has anyone else loaded for this blank cartridge / upper combination??
Thank you for helping me out!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Greg S
04-11-2020, 06:47 PM
I believe I have what your looking for, PM sent.

Alferd Packer
04-13-2020, 11:14 AM
Maybe you could cut a disc of protective fire resistant paper or aluminum foil to act as a protective wad to protect the tennis ball from direct fire heat.
A heat shield that would blow out with the ball .
The shield could then float harmlessly to earth.
Something that wouldn't create pressure, only deflect the blast.

Shiloh
04-22-2020, 05:10 PM
Many years ago Bartlett had blank powder. Stated is caps several time. NOT FOR LOADING AMMUNITION!!
Way to fast for anything. That may have been fast enough to not set the fuzz on fire on your tennis balls.
Sounds like fun!!

SHiloh

Winger Ed.
04-22-2020, 05:39 PM
Have ya tried firing the tennis balls damp?

Not soaking wet, just damp enough to not catch on fire.

GONRA
04-22-2020, 06:37 PM
GONRA bets yer Blank Powder looks like any common Ball Powder (mine does) we all use for loading cartridges.
>>> Its a Real Live Low Explosive - NOT A PROPELLANT! <<<
Bartlett really MEANS IT - Blank Powder is "NOT FOR LOADING AMMUNITION!!"

LABEL IT CAREFULLY SO FUTURE GENERATIONS DON'T GET BLOWN UP!
( MAY be "EC Blank" powder used in olde fashioned hand gernades? )